Some more cool Z videos - youtube.com

Toecutter

• Administrators
1 hour ago, CBR Jeff said:

Sounds nice! Everyone is using old Datsun’s to sell their business. Will only help prices go up.

Jeff

The S30Z is the Air Cooled 911 for the masses. Much more affordable.

Good thing about that video is I learnt something about Tig welding. Car sounds good, Triples on an L-series = magic.

• Moderators
21 hours ago, KatoKid said:

They are spending some serious $ these days....custom order Watanabe's.

Then again the car will be worth serious money cos celebrities...and its a solid car.

Yeah, those custom wheels would cost a fotune, If, and it is a big if, they actually pay for them.

There seems to be a huge amount of sponsored products in their activities these days - ultimately they are providing a huge advertising audience for their sponsors.

• Administrators

The MCM boys do cross promotions a lot and receive an income via YouTube based on subscribers and audience.

They came into Google once and I listened to their talk about wanting to control the way they advertised products. A lot of companies would approach them wanting to control the message and how it was done, but they said they didn't like that and preferred to create their own way of doing it.

The example they gave was the survive a zombie apocalypse episode. Where they plugged a PlayStation Game.

Marty is quite introverted in person where as Blair was much more extrovert.

Second time they came into work I could hear a ruckus in the basement they had brought in a Subaru on E85 which made a racket in the car park lol.

Sadly I've never had my cars in when they have come into the office to show them. Think seeing another white S30z would spin them out a bit.

• Administrators
2 hours ago, russandra said:

I really dont care what the doubters say, but the MCM 260z is a beuatiful car. A very tasteful retro mod.

It's a Fairlady Z, not a 240z and not a 260z.. If we can't get it right here, what chance does anyone else have? :)

8 hours ago, gav240z said:

It's a Fairlady Z, not a 240z and not a 260z.. If we can't get it right here, what chance does anyone else have? :)

Yeah I agree, quite a few things different from a JDM S30 and any ADM S30.

Not sure if anyone else picked up on it though, but it has been registered as a 1975 Datsun 240z :o

• Administrators

But I do agree it's been done really well, I'd almost be tempted to slot an RB26 into 1 of my S30Z's after watching it. A friend of mine last night saw the video and says to me, geez the S30Z is a great shape. I said, funny it took you so long to notice. We've been friends since the mid 90s and my first car was a 240z at 16/17 and he's only now just noticing this now lol..

10 hours ago, gav240z said:

My mistake guys about the 260Z bit.  It is still a really nice car.

1 hour ago, OdinZ said:

Yeah I agree, quite a few things different from a JDM S30 and any ADM S30.

Not sure if anyone else picked up on it though, but it has been registered as a 1975 Datsun 240z :o

Have they registered it this way in the belief that it may prop up the price?  I don't think they would do that, probably just the RTA having no idea what the vehicle is.

21 minutes ago, russandra said:

My mistake guys about the 260Z bit.  It is still a really nice car.

Have they registered it this way in the belief that it may prop up the price?  I don't think they would do that, probably just the RTA having no idea what the vehicle is.

I don't think they did it to prop up the price, most like RTA not having an idea. If it had to be registered under Datsun 2_0Z, I would have thought it would have been registered as a 260z just because of the year. But who knows...

• Administrators

I guess it's the same as my Mazda RX-7 is technically an "Efini RX-7" and it had "Efini" badges on it originally. However over here it's simply registered and insured as a Mazda RX-7.

https://www.carthrottle.com/post/nxlxkjo/

It's still technically an "Efini" even though I call it a Mazda RX-7 - since nobody would know what I was on about if I started to call it my Efini RX-7.

Nice for sure and definitely modelling themselves on Singer....got a way to go though and Datsun ppl will never spend the sort of $ that Singer has tapped into with Porsche

36 minutes ago, KatoKid said:

...got a way to go though and Datsun ppl will never spend the sort of $ that Singer has tapped into with Porsche

Precisely this ^
Les and I looked very closely at building Z's in this way, but we determined that an someone willing to spend $100K+ on an early Z is a rare individual,
and the market simply isn't there in real world terms.
USD$91k  (AUD$129K) isn't a whole lot of $$$ for something like that either...

If MZR find the market, then good luck to them :)

I've said it before and I'll say it again......I admire his perseverance and can do attitude but what a fucked up and arse about way of building a car !

If he had kept the original floor/firewall as a guide he could have worked around crossmember mount and pick up points and cut in frame rails that conformed to the floor and he wouldn't have half the issues and rework to deal with.

S.E.M.A ....really?

Edited by KatoKid