Cars For Sale (3rd Party Sites) Ebay, Carsales etc..

gav240z

There you go, ship it off to Lurch first then home to SA, might have to get on the waiting list though.

J.B. Think you also have a good man in Mick (zzzzed ) in Adelaide, sure he will be happy to guide you, Lay off Lurch, after I pick up my suspension from him tomorrow, his got another sublet project to do for me, so get in line guys...........LOL

Cheers Mick, I'll keep that in mind... closing up that sunroof is certainly on the list of things to do.

Plan it to strip it out and weld up my own rotisserie.... blast it back to bare metal and see what cancer I have to deal with.

Glad to hear there's some SA representation on the forum. Should look at doing an SA catch up some time.

congrats on the purchase JB  ;D

before you get stuck into the rebuild, you may take some time-out and drive it for a few weeks and just enjoy it  8)

Cant Stress this enough Nothing gets you Ready to Work on the car Then driving the car xD So i drive mine eveyday to work on a Vicroads 28 day permits one after another And get craploads of work done on the car at the same time. Its just the best :D!

I had a look at that 260 shell, its on the guys frount lawnout near bentleigh.

im no panel beater but the rust in the rail looks like its gone right through.

the rust near the battery tray looked to me like it had pentetrated into the windscreen plemumand /firewall, not big, but tricky spot, right on the join.

and its had a hit , on the passenger side, high towards the battery tray, it looks straight, but how knows,

its doable but  it aint perfect

Its been up at least 3 times since August. Last week it was on for $2400 and the time before something similar. I think the owner will let her go for around 2k if you barter enough... but you would spend a bit in part to complete her.

Yeah I've seen that on ebay for ages. He just keeps relisting. Its a fair bit of coin for a car that isn't complete. Here are a couple of 280zx's for those that are interested. Both are in QLD.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Nissan-Datsun-280zx-EFI-Rebuilt-Motor-spent_W0QQitemZ160377219867QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Cars?hash=item25573a2b1b

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Datsun-Nissan-280zx-Good-Condtion-Great-Car-Low-Kms_W0QQitemZ320450233952QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Cars?hash=item4a9c528660

Has anyone seen this car up close.  Is it a viable project?  (I'm way more skilled at the mechanical side than body)

Yes, I have.

It needs a fair bit of TLC in the panel department. But the floors are very good and the interior is basically 100% complete and stock.

Only buy it if you're happy with a project car. It runs, but there's no way I'd drive it as it stands. As I recall, apparently it's from a deceased estate and the widow couldn't bring herself to selling it for quite some years. Unfortunately the bodywork has suffered quite a bit in this period.

(edited for speeeling error)

• gav240z changed the title to Cars For Sale (3rd Party Sites) Ebay, Carsales etc..
  • gav240z unpinned, pinned and pinned this topic
  • gav240z featured this topic