Cars For Sale (3rd Party Sites) Ebay, Carsales etc..

gav240z

• Administrators

RH rear 1/4 is not original and LH side is original. So it must have been replaced at some stage. My 72 had the same thing done. I assume for rust repair reasons or a minor love tap?

• Administrators

73 Automatic 240z.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/112477309375?ul_noapp=true

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

For Auction is our 1973 Datsun 240z in running condition and would not take to much to get on the road. 

Over all the car presents well for the age and despite having some modifications over the years, this 240z is a solid car to either restore to its original condition or do minimal work and register and enjoy. The exterior of the car is fairly straight, the paint is still shiny from a far but is an older paint job and does have some blemishes, from what we can tell there is very minimal rust in the car with only a couple of bubbles in the normal places.

The interior is in good condition with an uncracked dash and centre console, all the vinyl is still in place and the recaro's are comfortable, nearly everything is there and in working condition. Mechanically it's good, the L24 does need a tune up as its been sitting around for a while, the automatic changes smoothly and the diff is quiet, the engine runs well and does not blow any smoke and has had a full service carried out, along with $2000 worth of work including new bushes, tie rod ends, ball joints etc.

we own other Z cars and overall this is a great car to start with to either enjoy as is or restore back to its former glory, apart from the  guards this a very honest car and we are only selling it as we've found another car we would like to buy and don't have the space, inspections are welcome and we would be able to assist in transport,

• Administrators

The flares and the front bar murder the 240z. Interesting what itll go for.

You forgot the naca duct in the otherwise nice looking bonnet. :D. Colour coded bumpers are very 90s.

They were already for sale before that. So already sold before the 9k. I remember the original pictures and they were very rusty cars.

I found an original picture of the silver 260z (note the rubber on the rear guard)

Hurry - only 1 left! 

Datsun 260Z collector car Great Project Car Classic Car Datsun 240Z
Australian delivered highly collectible Datsun 260Z
$9,500

"Now selling 4/75 Datsun 260Z  GRS 30 Sport Auto - 
Reasonable offers accepted. I have sold two in last 3 weeks. This one is reduced and will sell in a few days. Will help with freight if required.
Starts and runs
Grey
Automatic
Log Books
Black Interior
Z wheels
Comes with some spare parts but everything is basically on the car.
Body is pretty straight. Needs a bit of rust work as seen in last 2 images. Rear beaver had a small section cut out. Don't know why. Also a small section on side of car has been cut out. Easy fix for panel beater.
A bit of surface rust on bonnet, either fix bonnet or you can find a second hand bonnet for $200.
Engine starts and runs. Needs a tune etc.
Door trims are in good condition. 
Perfect restoration car for a young lad.
Australian delivered 260Z, good investment to make some good serious money.
With 260Zs currently listed online between $35K and $70K, everybody knows by now, these cars are on the rise. With the 240Z hitting record sales, its time for the 260Z to follow and now is the time to buy. Unfortunately, I have 6-7 projects going on at the moment including a few Datsun’s and I just cannot leave these cars lying around.
The 260Z’s are one of the easiest and cheapest cars to restore. You can find parts for these anywhere and a lot of new parts are cheaper than second hand parts. I have restored a few and I buy new parts from a few Z mobs. Most parts are cheap and do it yourself. It’s an enjoyable and quick car to restore. The Z store offer 20% discounts if you sign up with a business account.
Cars are located in Clyde, 2142, Sydney"

s-l1600.jpg

Who knew you could get a decent "second hand bonnet for $200"?  :o 

• Administrators

A bit of surface rust on bonnet, either fix bonnet or you can find a second hand bonnet for $200.

Oh really? :D

Clearly just flipping these cars. The old "I got too many projects". :D

Which reminds me...

http://www.viczcar.com/forum/topic/14594-your-favourite-used-car-ad-cliche/

Reasonable offers accepted. I have sold two in last 3 weeks. This one is reduced and will sell in a few days.

In other words the best two of the three have gone.....

Z wheels

Really? Look like old '70's Cheviot Hotwires to me...

either fix bonnet or you can find a second hand bonnet for $200

A typo, I think he must have meant $1200...

Most parts are cheap and do it yourself

Living in the past. Most parts are now expensive or unavailable especially when compared to Mustangs, MGs etc.

Edited by gilltech

• Administrators

Really? Look like old '70's Cheviot Hotwires to me...

I have a sneaking suspicion that the Cheviot Hotwires were dealer fitted to many S30Z's back in the day. My 70 (HS30 00150) had 1 as a spare tyre and it had the option fastener for the spare that was used on the Z432 wheels. So I am thinking it was fitted by the dealer and the dealer ordered the fastener. Pretty rare. Let me dig out a photo of it.

*Edit found it.

IMG_20170520_205650.jpg

Mine had the Hotwires fitted when I bought it in '84. They were 6" wide IIRC. Steel rim as a spare.

On-sold to a Celica owner when I discovered they were the wrong offset for a Z.

Absolute bitch to clean and keep clean - all those tight angles, corners and triangles.

option fastener for the spare that was used on the Z432 wheels

Looks to be just the same clamp as used on the 260Z/280ZX factory alloys. Different design due to the alloy wheel being taller (laying in the well) than the steel rim. The clamp for the steel rim is a two-piece design.

Edited by gilltech

Datsun 260Z (2+2)

Charlton, Victoria

Starting bid: $6,500

Auction ends Saturday 15 Jul, 2017 14:12:14 AEST

"Excellent resto some rust but nothing structural"

"Has some rust issues as shown in pics, but nothing structural. Motor was run about 12 months ago, is strong no smoke will only run for about ten seconds I think it needs fuel pump, and someone who knows more about carbs than me, bought manifold with headers new carbs were recoed, but I was not able to sort it out, getting too old now and running out of time to finish my Monaro, so this one has to go"

"I have been hanging on to this car now for ten years in the hope I would be able to finish it, but age is catching up and I have a Monaro unfinished in the shed so she is up for sale.

Basically needs someone who can mig weld, there are no structural problems, dash is perfect seats have 2 splits as shown in pics back seat is mint  screen is r/w door trims are mint, needs bumper rubbers.

Regretful sale but that's how it goes."

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

More pictures showing 'non-structural' rust and perfect (capped) dash etc on eBay.

• Administrators

How did we miss this 1?

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/clifton-beach/cars-vans-utes/1972-datsun-240z-coupe/1142144774

$26,000.00 Negotiable
Clifton Beach, QLD

$_20.JPG
$_20.JPG
$_20.JPG
$_20.JPG
$_20.JPG
$_20.JPG
$_20.JPG
$_20.JPG

Need to find a new home for my 1972 240Z on account I am moving overseas for work. I have owned the Z since 1999 and up until 2008 used it as a daily driver. Since 2008 it has been used about twice a week for good runs. Presently it is driven at least once weekly to keep it alive. It is original except for the following: has an L26 engine though all the exterior fittings are correct for L24, has a pair of SASS bucket seats, has an extractor and new non-standard radiator (I have the original exhaust manifold and radiator). Z is fitted with Lync RAM flow air filters but I have the original air box and it is fitted with bonnet grills from a 280ZX. Wheels are original Nissan items off a 260Z and tyres are new. The car is not without faults as this IS NOT a ground up restoration. The seat floor pans and a small section of the passenger front chassis rail need replacing (I have made repairs but they could be done better), the interior heater blower water heater valve needs replacing as the existing one has a very slow dribble leak. The internal heater fan does not work, nor do the ammeter and clock gauges and some of the interior courtesy lights do not work - though everything is in place. These electrical items are relatively simple to rectify. The Z drives well given its age and I've had mechanical things attended to over the years to keep it in reasonable condition but without going overboard. The Z is presently registered in QLD, but is offered for sale UNREGISTERED ONLY. Personalised plates can be purchased separately if Z is to be registered in QLD for $1000. With minimal work and expense this Z could be in top condition or a solid basis for a modified Z. The Z exterior was repainted about 3 years ago and the paint is in good condition. The colour is a Subaru metallic silver. The Z's original colour is silver which was more of a dull grey - but it all blends in well. The interior of the Z is original and obviously shows wear after 45 years. If you are interested and want more details you can contact me. I will consider any serious offer close to the asking price. Please do not waste my time with stupid offers.

It does look reasonable. Way up Cairns way though or I'd go see it.

Question (a bit off topic): that car has the orange indicators under the front bumper, for the Aus market if I understand it correctly; so what happened with the corner mounted light units, are they still the single bulb type, I see clear lenses, so were they altered to act as side lights only?

Just curious, I presume an interim mod, as then the 260Z came out with twin bulb units.

Edited by gilltech

• Administrators

HS30 00211 nice.

1970 Datsun 240Z

Very early 1970 car with VIN# HS30-0000211 complete with matching numbers L24. The car has the compliance plate and the factory ID tags in place to prove it has the correct engine.

This car is a very honest base to start a restoration from, showing the typical rust issues found in 240Zs which are all visible for inspection. The care is genuinely a solid base to start from and not bad compared to a lot of projects being sold currently. All panels and glass can be easily removed for inspection. Chassis rails are very straight and show no signs of issues asside from one small section under the floor that has been plated.

Some of the interior has been stripped and all useable parts are included. The dash and seats are still installed in the car.

The gearbox has been upgraded to a later model 71B series box and still has the early style forward located diff/moustache bar.

The car features the original and very rare series 1 steering wheel and radio. The car also features very rare South African market 7" wide steel wheels complete with new chrome trims.

This project is perfect for someone wanting to restore a genuine early series 1 example and to have the orginal engine intact and in complete condition is a very rare commodity indeed.

• gav240z changed the title to Cars For Sale (3rd Party Sites) Ebay, Carsales etc..
  • gav240z unpinned, pinned and pinned this topic
  • gav240z featured this topic