Your 'favourite' Used Car Ad Cliche

260DET

• Administrators

"Strictly no time wasters" Or "No Tyre Kickers".

I always wonder do time wasters see that and say to themselves "Oh no, I better not waste this person's time, they put a no time waster warning in their ad".

I mean if they didn't put that disclaimer in, does that mean it's game on for wasting people's time?

I like 'regretful sale' lol, like I care if you regret selling your car or not. Come to think of it, why do you regret selling your car, is it a dud and you don't want someone else to lose by buying it? 

How about 'it turns heads' or 'it's a head turner'. Really? Do people turn to look or do they turn to look away? Perhaps someone should collect these cliches and put them in a Car Sellers Book for Dummies :)

Edited by 260DET

• Administrators

"Needs full restoration" - Translation it's completely and utterly fubar and I've given up. This is a non financially viable endeavor therefore I'm offloading all it's rust and mechanical issues to someone else. So long and thanks for all the fish..

Or

Wife wants it gone - Translation - I blame it on my partner but really I couldn't be bothered working on it anymore and I could use the spare change for a couple of tinnies and winnie blues.

I looked at 240Z in Canberra...the sellers father had the car to show me....." all rust has been dealt with" the add read .....and while we were in the car...amidst gearbox grinding noises and banging from the diff area with every gear change, he said it really turns head...i said " yes I can see why "

• Administrators

1 owner car - it's had 1 owner at a time...

Thousands of dollars in receipts...

Will sell cheaper without current wheels in picture (Usually gash looking 20" chrome jobs)...

Best example in "insert country / region / town"..

Won't need much for roadworthy, but too busy to organise it myself....

Very little rust... OR not rust... when advertising any old Datsun.

Priced to sell... Why else would it be listed?

another one .....from a long time ago.... car dealers in Brookvale..... I commented on some repair work on a used car...the reply was "yeah it got hit be the southern aurora"....

two car yards up the road same quote....obviously all drank together at the Brookvale pub.

• Moderators

another one .....from a long time ago.... car dealers in Brookvale..... I commented on some repair work on a used car...the reply was "yeah it got hit be the southern aurora"....

two car yards up the road same quote....obviously all drank together at the Brookvale pub.

Yeah, that goes along with.

More hits than Elvis.

Runs like a Dream - That could mean anything Really.

Priced to sell - Umm yes everything has a price.

No Rust - does that come with a money back Guarantee ? No well why did you say it?

Purrs like a kitten - so does TOYOTA YARIS - Hold me back!

Just been painted - oh god what was underneath before? Cause it does not look good now.

Women Driver Only - Out on Limb here most women are not to mechanically minded - dont think about the ramifications to long

Blows hardly any smoke - What the Hell

Little bit elbow grease and she will come up a treat - and who will replace my elbows

I haven't finished my reco yet  - I think it shows 

• Administrators

Just been painted - oh god what was underneath before? Cause it does not look good now.

Yeah I hate that also, if you've just invested in a 'good' paint job, why would you be selling it?

My other favorite. Engine recently rebuilt... Oh yeah? If you just invested several thousands in a good engine build why would you sell it? My other favorite is previous owner said engine was rebuilt but I don't have the receipts....

Owned by a little old lady.. So who is advertising it?

• Administrators

First to see will buy...

If a car was that good it would sell itself without the used and tired cliche...Usually said cars linger on the market for a few months.

• Administrators

I seen an add the other day saying chopped springs and a straight pipe on a magna was a "Pro"

Why on god's green earth were you looking up Magna's? LOL.. Wrong thread. Think you meant to post here?

http://www.viczcar.com/forum/topic/14515-ugly-car-love/

:P