Lurch’s ‘Early Girl’ 240Z!

SS is cheap if you get it from a distributor not an exhaust shop with their mark ups. $55 got me a meter of 3" and a meter of 4" the other day 8)

Not for mandrel bends though...

If you run your gauge speed using GPS what happens when you go through a tunnel??

Thanks mate.

Well I would expect the signal to drop out - hence why I haven't used it in GPS mode yet :P

• 1 month later...

G'day Lurch

It was a number of years ago now but I was talking to Gordon about rebuilding an engine for #HS 300415 which I owned at the time and he suggested to go and take a look at a car in Kensington owned by an old bloke called Harry Thorpe. He had just sold his house and was moving to the country so was considering selling the car as well  . Mine needed tons of work and this one would be a get in drive sort of car according to Gordon .

So I went and met Harry (very nice old bloke ) and inspecked the car .It needed a fair bit of work as you have detailed in this post and his asking price at the time was very high for the condition of the car . I passed on the car , My loss your gain (some years later ).

In the end I brought a 1965 Australian delivered 911 for only a few more $ K than Harry wanted and sold my 240z to Rex Carr not long after he crashed his at buller sprint so he could build up another .

Looks like he held on to his pride and joy for as long as he could but sounds like its in good hands now .

Cheers

• 1 month later...

Thanks for that Smugley - it all adds to the history of the 240 ;)

Today was a special, as I drove the 'Early Girl' down to visit Harry & Dawn - this was the first tine he'd seen it since I picked it up.

He was somewhat blown away by the amount of work I'd done to it & even more-so after I took him for a drive in it.

He couldn't get over how hard it went, as it never went this well with the EFi on it...

Twas an excellent day & it was great to catch up with them both :)

post-89-144023596604_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

I took the opportunity to give the Zed a bit of a workout last Sunday, at our local car club Christmas break-up grass Motorkhana...

Jane on her first run:

m4.jpg

No Zed should be pampered!

m16.jpg

Me spotting the next cone:

m17.jpg

Jane doing the final blind test ( :o )

m34.jpg

m43.jpg

Hahaha, Mick, all good fun, (except the mug shot...)

I was sh!ting myself in the blindfold event, I was shaking so much, my clutch leg was shaking so bad I stalled! But when I was navigator and Lurch driver, we did really well :)

Was good fun, and the 240z didnt disappoint! What a nifty machine!  ;D

Jane  :D

• Administrators

Thanks for that Smugley - it all adds to the history of the 240 ;)

Today was a special, as I drove the 'Early Girl' down to visit Harry & Dawn - this was the first tine he'd seen it since I picked it up.

He was somewhat blown away by the amount of work I'd done to it & even more-so after I took him for a drive in it.

He couldn't get over how hard it went, as it never went this well with the EFi on it...

Twas an excellent day & it was great to catch up with them both :)

That photo makes me happy. It's good to see someone who enjoyed the car for so long has given it to someone who will continue to enjoy the car for just as long.

Nice roses.

Are they a local igneous rock for your border?

Couch??  Speads too fast.  Too much work.  Dig it up and reploace it with bent or santianta.

Oh yeah, the girl looks happy in her new digs.