Sirpent "Z"

looking very good John.

that front end treatment is definetly unique. it reminds me of a expensive production car but cant put my finger on which one. TVR maybe.

cant wait till its primed.

my end is depressing. but i keep sane by looking at other ppls builds. getting my brain ticking over for my build down the track even though i cant even start on it at least this time next year.  :'( and thats if funds are ok. bit sketchy at the moment.

but at least i do the body work no $$$ just time.

did u base that front end on something or just came up with it.

anyway keep it going. good for inspiration.

Nope, I knew I wanted the upper G-Nose look, but hated the bottom section, so just kept looking till I found something I could use and then found the after market fibro 370Z spoiler which I hacked to death.

This mod Im doing for the bonnet is tedious, more so becuase I have so much on at work and with family, but I have to get it done in order to finish the nose and get it re-manufactured in carbon.

I am off to NZ with the family skiing in late June and am taking a week of to on top of that to lock myself in the garage with 3 cartons of Dunhill Blue's, a fridge with drinks and foo, a porta lou and all the materials I need to get it to pre-paint, so hopefully I will be eating up bandwidth posting pics in the months ahead.

I definately want to get to the Nationals next year, if only my engine builder hadnt decided to spit the dummy at who knows waht and drop the job, (You reading this Lurch ? LMAO)

Shut your Pie-Hole, you Merchant of Bog. I've got bigger issues going on atm (I can't decide on what hat to wear to work tomorrow).

BTW your engine will be fine as it is - just drop the triples on it & go. It won't need a rebuild.

Shut your Pie-Hole, you Merchant of Bog. I've got bigger issues going on atm ](I can't decide on what hat to wear to work tomorrow).[/b]

BTW your engine will be fine as it is - just drop the triples on it & go. It won't need a rebuild.

Obviously one that fits your head.......

Obviously one that fits your head.......

LMAO XA, Well done, the Maestro cops one back in supurb fashion, pardon the pun.

Lurch, that motor has been sitting in the corner of my garage for over 16 years covered in cobb webs, do you really think it will crank over?........LOL

And you know Im only kidding, its all good this end, I just wanted to rattle your cage and make sure you were still awake over there in invisible land.

• 5 weeks later...

WATCH THIS SPACE BOYS, and you all think Lurch keeps big secrets !!!!!!!!!!

And no, you cant ask !!!!!!!

But believe me when the time comes the bandwidth will be eaten up unexpectedly sooner than later  ;)

And no, you cant ask !!!!!!!

We may not be able to ask, but I am sure we can make wild assumptions/theories just like we did with lurch.

E.G.

I heard that you got so involved/attached to the sirpent Z that you actually accidentally bondoed your left hand into the spoiler. The last 2 months you have been in therapy from when they had to cut your perfect spoiler to get your hand out.

Am I close?

can i ask why i cant ask?

you sold the zed and bought a VW?

Because its hard trying to type responses with an amputated left hand.

We may not be able to ask, but I am sure we can make wild assumptions/theories just like we did with lurch.

E.G.

I heard that you got so involved/attached to the sirpent Z that you actually accidentally bondoed your left hand into the spoiler. The last 2 months you have been in therapy from when they had to cut your perfect spoiler to get your hand out.

Am I close?

Sorry no Cigar !

But I did buy a 320i BMW in the past week.

• Administrators

He's bought a JDM home market car. A HS30-H Fairlady 240zg or Fairlady 432 with S20 engine.

Hey it's a wild assumption.

Gav unfortunately not.

Guys, no need to speculate, I have just been doing / will have done a fair bit of work on the car you are not all aware of and will post sometime soon.

Cheers

John

Damn you are good Loui,

Actually full convertable, chopped the roof off totally, should have remembered you needed a turret before I chopped it up into bite size pieces for the recycle bin collection last Wednesday, Damn !

No cigar Bro, sorry

You installed a flux capacitor and will be travelling back in time to purchase multiple z432's?

and a Z432 R, so you won lotto, installed the flux cap, back to 1970's and purchased zed for every day of the week

Datsun 240z (export RHD version)

Fairlady Z432

Fairlady Z432 R

Fairlady ZL

Fairlady Z

Fairlady 240z

Fairlady 240z aka HS30-H or Factory ZG ;)

and if luck was on your side you managed to get hold of a

Fairlady 260z before the recall/retro fitting of the L20aE removing the L26 - that is one rare model right there.

LOL NZeder,

Even if I could I dont think I would have done what you discribed, that would have changed the time continuem as the good Ol'Doc would have said and probably would have changed Nissan's direction with the production of those cars due to someone buying them all up at such a rate, then again, maybe the Zed would have taken a different course in latter years for the better?

No I think if that was possible, I would have gone back and just purchased one Z432 R, and factory ZG and had them locked away in storage for the next 40 years, now could you imagine a low number of each appearing with basically no Km's on the dials in 2010?

Now thats it, we have to stop here with the speculations, this is a build thread afterall.

Cheers

John

In the final stages Buddy,

Thats whats been the hold up with finishing it, I have had to rework a totally new hinge assy for it from scratch.

Once I have the system finished, which is only 2 final brackets away, then I can complete the final alignment of the nose to the guards and bonnet and wittle down the gap tolerences after which it gets primed and rubbed flat before the mould is exicuted.

If you are serious about the covers, then I would be happy to hold off until you do get here so I can match the bucket opening to the originals, that way at least it would be an almost perfect match rather than attempting to modify a post mould example.

More than happy to do so as it wont hold me up in the slightest.

Cheers

John