Cars For Sale (3rd Party Sites) Ebay, Carsales etc..

gav240z

He is definitely bidding on them himself. The last 3 bids one the 2 seater 260 were within an hour of each other, $10,300 - $10,400 then $18,000. 

The last 2 bids on the 240 were $10,300 then $24,000. 

All bidder "4***2"

Something about buying a car on eBay that I don't really agree with. Mainly something about buying something you've never seen in person I don't agree with. 

I was interested but I am not going in a bidding war with some guy trying to do a dodgy and sell it for an unreasonable price! Especially 6 days out are you kidding me? 

My 2 cents 

I noticed the big jumps in bids too. It's weird because if the highest bid is $10,300 then you bid $24,000 - the bid should display as $10,400 until other bidders bring the price up to that level.

Also can anyone confirm what is on the roof of the 260z? Some form of sunroof cover? 

It is a folding vinyl sunroof - usually 'Webasto' brand.

• Administrators

There is a phone number in a couple of the ads, why don't you interested blokes put in an offer outside of eBay? At the end of the day the car will sell for whatever is the most someone is willing to pay for it.

As much as I like to keep a car the original colour I couldn't wake up every morning and look at a brown car..

Always buy the car based on it's condition, colour is the least important factor in my opinion.

I saw it in person and it's nicer than you'd think, almost had a red tinge to it. The interior was not my cup of tea along with other customisations of a questionable nature, but the rest of the car is pretty solid. It fired up first go and had a good noise to it.

It's my humble opinion that it's worth at least 35K AUD. I wouldn't be surprised if it went higher though. However the only question marks I'd throw up were the form of textured paint all over the rust prone areas, they are either there to prevent further rust or could (and I say this cautiously) used to hide indiscretions. However I honestly don't believe this is the case, it really did look solid to me and well cared for by previous owners. But.. I didn't get it on a lift.

The photos show a lot of little details I had forgotten.

https://picasaweb.google.com/107400787026175995661/Pickles73240z2014?authkey=Gv1sRgCPyAle70j6DySw&feat=directlink

It could well end up being exported like some recent examples...

He is definitely bidding on them himself. The last 3 bids one the 2 seater 260 were within an hour of each other, $10,300 - $10,400 then $18,000. 

The last 2 bids on the 240 were $10,300 then $24,000. 

All bidder "4***2"

Something about buying a car on eBay that I don't really agree with. Mainly something about buying something you've never seen in person I don't agree with. 

I was interested but I am not going in a bidding war with some guy trying to do a dodgy and sell it for an unreasonable price! Especially 6 days out are you kidding me? 

My 2 cents

I think they are Just being a tight a@#$ with ebay fees .

It's cheaper to advertise with a .99 cent start and no reserve . Just get someone else who you know to bid up to your reserve then let the auction run it's coarse .

I suspect the vinyl wrap car is the same scam as bidding stopped a couple of days ago.

Another 2 cents ????

Black 260z 2+2

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/brompton/cars-vans-utes/1975-datsun-260z-2-2-black-4-speed-automatic-coupe/1104789117

1975 DATSON 260Z 2+2 HOLDEN 3.8LT V6 MOTOR & TURBO 700 TRANS, Air Cond, Nice cruiser with excellent body in Good Overall Condition, was dry stored for many years this is one for an enthusiast. Not engineered sold unregistered would also make a good club track day or hill climb car. 

Can be viewed at REDLINE MOTORSPORTS 35 First street Brompton SA 5007

Engine is an acquired taste but I would say an older individual owned the car based on it.

Yes it is Gav.

I hope that any potential bidder from the club understand what kind of effort this car will required.

This wheels may not be Watnabes but I am very happy with them, offset is perfect.

I've been interested in this car and am going to put a bid on it. Will try to organise a time this weekend to have a look.

What do mean the effort this car will require? Owner states is virtually rust free in our correspondence.Yeah it needs a coat of paint and a bit of work on the engine, what else do you foresee?

(Re: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1971-Datsun-240z-L28-5spd-/111912792361?hash=item1a0e85b129:g:Ah0AAOSwB4NWu-AE )

• Administrators

Yeah it needs a coat of paint and a bit of work on the engine, what else do you foresee?

Sandblasting is the only way to know how true this statement is, are you willing to take that risk?

*Edit, actually my advice is to go for the brown car. I've seen it in person and was impressed with it in terms of overall condition. Minus a few relatively inexpensive changes (not including the colour) and it's a great car. I would not let it's colour bother me, but obviously others may be harder to influence in this regard.

Datsun 240z Sports (1972) 2 Seater Coupe

"She requires full restoration please inspect or send someone to do so."

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Datsun-240z-Sports-1972-2-Seater-Coupe-/141913048625?hash=item210aad4631:g:QMwAAOSwQYZWzWvC

eBay item number:141913048625

ends 06 Mar, 2016 21:06:19 AEDST located in Queensland

Currently at $6,600 with 4 bids (does not appear to have a reserve price)

"Datsun 240Z 1972 Model

Meet 'Elvira' because she looks great dressed in Black and you always notice  her when she is coming towards you....
named after late night horror movie host "Elvira Mistress of the Dark"

The rarest of the Z cars and becoming rarer
Factory 2 Seater
Not a dressed up family sedan she's a genuine low slung long bonneted 2 door 2 seater sports car faster than the Porsches of its day
Rapidly appreciating in price fancy paying 50-70K for a restored one?
 Even its dowdy little sister the 260Z 2+2 is becoming harder to find and getting more   $$expensive$$
Needs restoration has been in storage for more than fifteen years
Black 2 pak paint
Is complete obviously has some rust and is not running
Has L26 twin carbs and auto
Please serious bidders take the trouble to inspect in Margate Qld 4019 or if interstate send someone else
She has not run for many years and needs full restoration
At Auction end payment to be made within 24 hours,
If you can't pick up straight away that’s okay but you must pay in full and finalise sale.
Can assist  with organising shipping to you.

First and only time to be listed for sale so put your best foot forward if you are seriously committed to owning this Classic Z Car, 
Prices are only going up and these cars will soon be 'unobtanium'
Reluctant sale so will not be listing again to give you another chance to win.

Send an Ebay message and i'll send you a number to call to arrange inspection at Margate on the Redcliffe Peninsula North of Brisbane

If you must pay with Paypal you pay the fees. Bank transfer preferred."

$_57.JPG
$_57.JPG
$_57.JPG
$_57.JPG
$_57.JPG
$_57.JPG
Edited by GongZ

FairladyZ 432 for sale on Gumtree !

Hi Craig - have a look at this topic -

http://www.viczcar.com/forum/topic/14267-z432-edward-lees/page-2

The consensus seem to be that this a 'bait ad' and the car is still with a dealer in Japan.

This is further supported by the fact that the Z432 is not listed amongst Edward Lees' current stock list.

Oh - and what Gavin said too!

LHD 1973 240Z on Gumtree

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/springvale-south/cars-vans-utes/datsun-240z-usa/1105510070

Located in Springvale South, Victoria

$35,000 negotiable

"Datsun 240Z USA 1973 model"

"Kilometres: 51100  Transmission: Manual"

Appears to have full Victorian registration

$_20.JPG

$_20.JPG

$_20.JPG

Edited by gav240z
You forgot the link to the ad ;)

• Administrators

It could very well be a LHD import that was for sale a while back for $15k I think. A couple of years back, had the same wheels. Will see if I can dig up the ad.

Edit found ad.

http://www.viczcar.com/forum/topic/1924-cars-for-sale-3rd-party-sites-ebay-carsales-etc/?p=146273

Screen Shot 2016-02-28 at 1.01.44 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-02-28 at 1.02.32 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-02-28 at 1.02.43 PM.png

I've been interested in this car and am going to put a bid on it. Will try to organise a time this weekend to have a look.

What do mean the effort this car will require? Owner states is virtually rust free in our correspondence.Yeah it needs a coat of paint and a bit of work on the engine, what else do you foresee?

(Re: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1971-Datsun-240z-L28-5spd-/111912792361?hash=item1a0e85b129:g:Ah0AAOSwB4NWu-AE )

I went and checked out this car today. Considering it was advertised for 14.5k last October, the young bloke selling it wants obscene coin for it. He mentioned to me he would be happy with 22k.

Anyway as for the car, latch panel for the hatch is fine, wheel well is fine, battery tray is fine but there appears to be bog in the rear of each sill, bottom of both doors have rust bubbles, drivers floor pan has had a plate put in, rear hatch has the damage shown in the picture (he said it leaks a little), there's some nasty bubbling in the firewall near the throttle but no hole yet. But as has been mentioned earlier, its very hard to grasp the effect with it being under vinyl and I mentioned that to him.

The interior has been repainted a sandy colour and has many cracks in the paint. but overall it seems rather looked after. The radio surround has been crudely cut to fit a later model CD player. Carpet is in good condition and there are no tools 

I can't speak much engine-wise but it is all there

Will be interesting to see if these cars appear on Ebay again or get offered for sale somewhere else, the cars were not listed as having a reserve price,

so it would appear that buyer 4***2 owns 2 cars !!  good going for a buyer with a "0" ebay rating,  assuming off course that they were legit bids ?  If I was a seller , don't know that I would be happy having $50k worth of bids

from a zero rated buyer !!

Another 260Z 2 seater on the same site going for $12.5K

.http://www.tradeuniquecars.com.au/detail/cars/unique-cars/datsun/260z/42104

Not to sure about the colour, but with some of the black ZG flares to break it up a bit, it could look ok. Some new wheels wouldn't hurt either.

Shame there's only one pic of the car.

• gav240z changed the title to Cars For Sale (3rd Party Sites) Ebay, Carsales etc..
  • gav240z unpinned, pinned and pinned this topic
  • gav240z featured this topic