CBR Jeff

Jeff's 240z build

Bled the breaks and checked nuts and bolts. Adjusted the rear ride hight. Then decided to fit the Enkei mags to see what it looks like. 
Also sorted out an idle problem that has been bothering since I started the engine in the car. Engine had a fast idle when hot and it was not adjustable via the throttle stops. Eventually found that 5&6 were breathing harder than 1 to 4. The spark plugs also reflected this with 5 and 6 being leaner than the rest. I discovered and fixed the problem. Looks like at some time between leaving LCR and being fitter to the engine at home the linkage for the third set of ITBs was knocked around the linkage shaft slightly leaving the butterflies for 5 & 6 slightly more open than the others. Adjusted and all happy. 
Jeff

C47F530E-D1DA-4F99-8F24-94B6624623DB.jpeg

94A1B4DC-F02C-47D9-95B9-B8F20560F8E1.jpeg

82187B88-E276-42F8-B4F8-800E1FDEC4D3.jpeg

Delivery of anything from off shore is taking an age. Just waiting on a small shipment so I can get the car to rego. In the mean time I made a section of pipe for the heater to replace what would normally be hose yesterday. 

Jeff

76F45C78-3BEC-4707-AFE0-25B4020B4622.jpeg

Heater tap arrived a few days ago. Installed it and piped in the heater over the weekend. Happy with the pipe along the side of the engine although I did get the brackets slightly in the wrong spot. I’ll touch up the paint later. 
I also moved the small LED 4000 lumen lights that I had mounted under the front bar in the fog light holes back behind the grill. I was not happy with the look on the bar they were too obvious and looked wrong. They are now quite hidden but should still be effective. 
I just need the cartridge air filters to arrive from EFI Hardware, when fitted I can take the car to rego. 

Jeff

0D54CC40-EED2-49AB-99AD-CC6AFD849AD6.jpeg

A61EB0D0-364A-4D79-9F6E-A1938C1F4A63.jpeg