Jump to content

Agno

Donating Members
  • Posts

    1,388
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    14

Everything posted by Agno

  1. No they don't Gareth, the door, bailey channel, outer & inner hatch, quarter glass and hood seals are all generic extruded lengths cut to (approximate) size. I ended up selling/throwing out the stuff I bought from Scotts and forked out a bit more for an OEM style repro kit from the states. It was well worth the investment IMO.
  2. I found their rubbers to be hit and miss in terms of what fitted well and what didn't. Some of their stuff was just Rare Spares too. You could do a similar job by taking the original seals to Clarke Rubber and matching the profiles.
  3. A dyno is just a tuning tool and nothing more. You can make more "power" just by changing the input parameters in between runs. Because of the massive amount of variability in how people set up their dynos some are "happier" than others.
  4. Possibly depending on the weather. I won't be in the 260Z though.
  5. All 930s are turbo, otherwise they were just a 911
  6. In an ideal world the flywheel would weigh nothing as it is effectively a drag on the engine's ability to rev. There are limits you can safely lighten a flywheel to though before the chance of failure increases, which for anyone that has been in or seen a car with a failed flywheel is downright scary.
  7. Everytime, something comes up at the last minute. Sorry guys
  8. The ones I bought a month or so ago from eBay are extremely similar in every single way, I'd love to get a shot of them side by side as the only difference I can spot is that the base of mine is rounded at the front compared to the chisel point of the above photos.
  9. Monaro/Falcon and any American pony car are not worth comparing because there are literally millions of American cars vs significantly fewer Aussie cars.
  10. Option 1 garage sell the unbranded versions, I wonder if you can get a Bride skin for them: http://www.option1garage.com.au/Accessories.htm
  11. The ADR compliant Bride/Recaro replicas...
  12. Yep not this Friday for me either
  13. Looking at the changes they look pretty good to me, the club permit system as it currently stands is too open for abuse so any changes to increase requirements (particularly in terms of safety inspections) is welcome.
  14. Kids these days...
  15. Having used 14" R31 stockies to push my car around on while waiting for new wheels I can definitely say they will fit. R31 wheels are 14x5.5 +25 or 15x6 +30
  16. I'm running vented calipers on my non-vented rotor. Having owned both types of caliper I can definitively say that the caliper casting is exactly the same between a vented and non-vented S12+8 with the exception of the brake disc "slot" width.
  17. A number of Toyotas have the same S12+8 caliper from my experience. LN106, LN107, LN111 series Hilux and 75 series Landcruiser use the same calipers (well the rebuild kits I used said so anyway!)
  18. Option 4 with a ball bearing T28 from an S15, hi-flow core and E85 would make a very handy track car!
  19. I wonder how much work it would take to convert #165 back to something resembling a 240Z
  20. That looks like a fantastic buy at face value
  21. My car doesn't have provisions for fender mirrors but I'll give it a go
  22. Interested pending final date
×
×
  • Create New...