Jump to content

Agno

Donating Members
  • Posts

    1,388
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    14

Everything posted by Agno

  1. Agno

    Wtb: 240Z carbs

    Hey All, I'm chasing a set of 240Z carbs with airbox, linkages and fuel rail... Basically everything lol. I'm in Vic but may be willing to organise a courier if need be. The better condition the better! Thanks
  2. Watched Gone Girl at the cinema last night. Fantastic acting and thrilling all the way to the end, shame I absolutely hated the ending though. In saying that it's probably the best flick I've seen for 2014. 8/10
  3. rotary nikki carbs are very similar to a holley 4 barrel so yes they are downdraft
  4. Historically i've driven mine about 60 days a year... but this year I've barely had the time to get it out of the garage which is incredibly sad.
  5. I would be very cautious about making an assumption based off incomplete information such as that. Any insurance company will cover your car with listed "extras" (mods) BUT they must be road legal or they will not payout in the event of an at fault claim... So while Shannons have said they will cover you I would want clarification that they would cover your unengineered/unroadworthy car in the event of an accident. Other Suncorp Group providers have been known to play tricks like this in the past.
  6. It bolts in exactly as your current engine would. The only variable would be the sump bowl position if your new engine came from anything that wasn't a Z
  7. For those interested I remember Vivek put this motor in the car because it had been recently rebuilt and came with his donor car...
  8. There is nothing wrong with a well executed Veilside kit. Just like some cringe-worthy things that happened to cars in every decade one day someone will see photos of those cars and think the 90's was pretty cool.
  9. different for the sake of being different eh?
  10. From what I have read on here the repro panels have problems with fit and finish, postage to Melbourne would be killer and Lurch has already started on my other stuff anyway so my preference would be to get an original one Anybody?
  11. cheers bruce!
  12. Hey guys, Chasing a passenger 260Z guard. Can be rusty but needs to be repairable, straight and as value managed as possible. The closer to Lurch the better! PM me directly please. Alex
  13. Do you have spacers in the strut tubes Mossy? Maybe make up a collar that sits on top of the shock body to give you a bit more travel compared to spacing the shock from the bottom. For the record my car has about 15mm suspension travel up front as well. It's a pain in the ass.
  14. He should get some brembo breakes to match the brembo sticker
  15. Agno

    Classic Japan 2014

    In. Might not be repping a Z though
  16. B&M Fuel Systems tuned my car way back when and did a great job. Tony is a good bloke who is more than happy to impart some wisdom to those willing to listen too!
  17. My Sydney based friends have used Castle Hill Exhaust/Performance or DVS performance tuning in the past and been very happy with the service from either tuner.
  18. Hi David, if you are getting the car registered for full reg (ie. not club plates) you will need to use amber globes.
  19. Hi everyone, My brother is in the hunt for a set of early Z31 300ZX turbo wheels as seen below... Neither of us don't really know what they are worth but if you have some (or know someone who does!) I would love to hear from you. Thanks in advance, Alex O4O2 5nine5 nine6I
  20. Meh, better than being caught short!
  21. From memory whenever I drain the gearbox it's always about 3 quarts (2.8ish litres). If you haven't already gotten anything Redline MT-90 is fantastic for these boxes.
  22. Agno

    Advice

    Quoted for truth. It is crazy just how cheap parts are for these cars now.
  23. 100% this. The amount of money I have spent troubleshooting and tuning my carbs I could have had a very nice ITB set up in my car...
  24. Cutting progressive springs is not a good idea as you will lose a lot of the ride and handling characteristics that people look for when ordering progressive rate springs, although from a safety perspective I don't see any problem with cutting the springs.
  25. Thumbs up to Bob Jane, everyone's favourite race track owner!
×
×
  • Create New...