Valve Rocker Covers

600Z

I was just answering your question literally, but if you meant they look ugly I agree.

TURBO

Nissan 2400 OHC
NISSAN (as stated above, I'm pretty sure we got some late model L-series over here that had them)

Funny how elephant oil caps aren't much of a thing anymore.

I was just answering your question literally, but if you meant they look ugly I agree.

• Administrators

I heard the big nissan one is sort after somewhat

They tend to sell around $400+ in Japan.

There is a plastic cover also, which for some reason is expensive. I still don't know why because I think it's ugly myself.

In South Africa they got the BIG NISSAN cover but it said NISSAN OHC on it. Not sure what it's worth because the fan boys haven't copped onto it yet.

Personally my favorite is the Nissan 2400 OHC cover. ;).

• Administrators

I thought the first 69' 240Z's came out with DATSUN 2400 covers?

To my knowledge there was only 1 HS30 manufactured in 1969 and my assumption is that it was HS30 0003.

Therefore almost all HS30's sold in Australia were 1970 models. The very first cars had a Nissan 2400 OHC cover, which appears to be cut off around HS30 00090 range.. From what I've gathered. This coincides with a June/July build date - which is when it appears HLS30's stopped receiving the cover also.

HS30 00150 appears to have been built in August/September and just missed out on the early style cover, along with HS30 00149 and HS30 00151 all 3 didn't have that style cover.

To my knowledge there was only 1 HS30 manufactured in 1969 and my assumption is that it was HS30 0003.

Therefore almost all HS30's sold in Australia were 1970 models. The very first cars had a Nissan 2400 OHC cover, which appears to be cut off around HS30 00090 range.. From what I've gathered. This coincides with a June/July build date - which is when it appears HLS30's stopped receiving the cover also.

HS30 00150 appears to have been built in August/September and just missed out on the early style cover, along with HS30 00149 and HS30 00151 all 3 didn't have that style cover.

#160 had a 2400 valve cover?

• Administrators

#160 had a 2400 valve cover?

Yes but I suspect it had it retrofitted later - perhaps from another S30Z or another early Nissan like the Super 6 that also had a 2.4ltr motor and that cover. 

Hey does anyone know what this valve cover is off? My old man found it the other week and between the two of us and google cant really find what its off. Its definitely a petrol engine cause it has ignition timing stuff on the side.

Thanks Matt

post-103527-0-32601800-1476351207_thumb.jpg

• Administrators

Is everyone just going to ignore this.... WTF! my god this is ugly.

It's not my cup of tea, but the guy who did it is pretty chuffed with it.