Nissan BIG valve cover

• Administrators

I'm in 2 minds about selling this, kind of want to keep it but would consider selling it or swapping.

IMG_20150530_183849.jpg

IMG_20150530_183952.jpg

IMG_20150530_183959.jpg

Hard to tell without side by side, but this is the smaller version for comparison.

IMG_20150530_183900.jpg

I'll sell it for $400 AU (seen them sell for this on Yahoo! Auctions) or swap directly for a Nissan 2400 valve cover. - Early L24 cover. Which also sells for around $300-$400.

I had started to sand this cover back to polish it but didn't quite get around to finishing it. Also to clarify the version being offered for sale here is the BIG Nissan cover. However if there is any interest in the smaller version let me know?

• Administrators

That would make sense, pretty sure this valve cover was off a P90 I used to own before a mechanic commandeered it for himself along with some of my monies.

I don't suppose to know if we ever got any L-series in Australia with this cover do you?

unnamed.jpg

You don't want to know what these go for....

That would make sense, pretty sure this valve cover was off a P90 I used to own before a mechanic commandeered it for himself along with some of my monies.

I don't suppose to know if we ever got any L-series in Australia with this cover do you?

unnamed.jpg

You don't want to know what these go for....

I have never seen that cover before. Is it from the states?

• Administrators

It's plastic fantastic has it's own unique gasket (rubber style) as oppose to the flat cork like gasket you normally find on an L-Banger.

Apparently it's from a NISSAN Cedric, Gloria, and leopard. But I seem to recall seeing 1 or 2 here in Australia.

I'm not in love with them to be honest I think they stick out like dogs bollocks but I've seen them listed for close to $1000 AU on Yahoo! Auctions.

• Administrators

Isn't there another one with Nissan OHC written on it?

In the same plastic style? Not really sure... Wouldn't surprise me.

• Moderators

Sorry Gav -

There is another cam cover with NISSAN OHC raised on it, like your big/little versions

Any idea what engine & car it was originally fitted to ?

• Administrators

Anyone know where you get the rubber valve cover gaskets from? The LD's have them too but they're the wrong shape.

I got 1 by accident I think, asked for an L28 valve cover gasket and was given this weird rubber 1. I wasn't sure how it would work so I never used it.

Why do you want 1?

The fibre gaskets are horrible, the cork ones are ok but by the 3rd or 4th they're removed they end up tearing. I had one on the LD engine and thought it would be great if they made them for the petrol donks too!

If you want to get rid of it let me know via PM. I'll stop hijacking your listing now  ;D

• 2 weeks later...