Cars For Sale (3rd Party Sites) Ebay, Carsales etc..

gav240z

Datsun 240z 1971 series II #958

Current Bid : $2,247 (8 bids)

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Datsun-240z/302604459603?hash=item4674a19e53:g:mtkAAOSwoRBaXbfG

-Earlier car with choke and hand throttle

-Ratty paint but solid body

-5-speed manual with L28 engine and 240z carbs

-Drives well, very reliable and currently on club plates

-Originally safari gold in colour, currently canary yellow, very faded and blemished

-Tidy interior with good carpets, re-covered seats, re-skinned dash and re-upholstered door cards

-Comfortable to drive, quiet on the road, no fumes from the back into cabin

-Starts first kick, idles very nicely, very economical

-Everything works including remote central locking

-Performance superlight wheels-can seperate or swap as I have other wheel types

-0437 262143

-Can deliver anywhere at reasonable price

-Feel free to call for more information or to come and have a look.

thank you

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

and other photos on eBay link.

I seen this car zooming around near Penrith Bunnings and it was going hard. Tried to catch up to have a better look but he slipped in a driveway and I couldn't see it. But did go hard.

Datsun 260z (2+2)

St Albans, VIC

$14,900.00

regretful sale! factory 5speed Man. original L26 engine. all running order. brakes may need bleeding from sitting. interior has little rips. Complete car. Has been recently painted pearl black. No Rust. Not a show car but a great daily driver. Can organise RWC. reason for sale is funding house build. so no swaps. mags are not included just stock rims, louvre is optional extra. no more pics, best to organise viewing for serious buyers. western suburbs of Melbourne. call: 0.4.4.9.5.4.2.3.1.7.

$_20.JPG$_20.JPG$_20.JPG$_20.JPG

$_20.JPG

• Administrators

I've done that before too  :)

Wonder if same seller as this 1?

http://www.viczcar.com/forum/topic/1924-cars-for-sale-3rd-party-sites-ebay-carsales-etc/?p=196788

Quite a few 2+2s with flares for sale in St Albans.

Datsun 240z 1973 with original paperwork

AU $51,300

HS30 102924

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Datsun-240z-1973-with-original-paperwork/263450904972?hash=item3d56e5c98c:g:fesAAOSwgLlaZGC3

LACK OF SPACE - means this 240z gem is available.
Matching numbers green 1973 240z (113 paint code). 
It genuinely has no rust and floors are mint condition.
Currently has installed L24 (2.7 stroker motor) & original matching numbers L24 is also included in the sale.
It has not been driven much since it was painted 7 or 8 years ago, so Paint is very good but not show perfect.
Current QLD club rego.  and will be sold with RWC if required.
Mostly Factory original including AM radio and original timber gear knob.
Car has been repainted in original metallic green Datsun/Nissan Paint Code 113 (not including engine bay) with the later 260z fluted/vented bonnet, aftermarket bullet side mirrors, new rubbers etc.
The car will come with the original non vented bonnet. 
Fitted with 280zx series 2 alloy wheels & rubber almost brand new.
5 slot Jellybean mags available if preferred.
The original dash has a couple of cracks. 
The original worn carpets are in a box.
The headlights have been upgraded, 
The original CLOCK WORKS!
Original tools, wheel stops & jack included
Sale also has original headlights, side mirrors
Brake & clutch master cylinders replaced/re-kitted with stainless linings, including the rear drum brake wheel cylinders.
New diff mount installed.
All fluids changed in last 6 months including, Radiator, Brake fluid, Engine Oil, Gearbox & Diff.
The car will be fitted with an original style carpet kit throughout c/w original underlay material.
Seats will be completely refurbished (including new foam inserts/padding).
I have the cars logbooks, AM Radio booklet and original import papers - something VERY few cars actually possess.

The original matching numbers head came off for inspection with no corrosion in head studs or coolant passages.
Photos show floor condition to underside of seats.
Seats removed for complete refurbishment back to as new condition.
Inspection of car will not disappoint.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

• Administrators

Do they have the same "rules" as in the real estate game, if not some nice vendor bids will negate the need for a reserve?

Not sure, but to be honest anything under $45k is a total bargain anyway. Considering double that would have been invested in it.

Anything under $40k and I'd be tempted to buy it myself!

Not sure, but to be honest anything under $45k is a total bargain anyway. Considering double that would have been invested in it.

Anything under $40k and I'd be tempted to buy it myself!

I was just wondering how keen you were on this car Gav. Haha. Have you seen this in person?

• Administrators

I was just wondering how keen you were on this car Gav. Haha. Have you seen this in person?

I met Frank the owner in 2005 and have known him since that time, I saw his Fairlady Z-L when I went around 1 day to help him have a loan of a Mikuni manifold to use as a template. The car was sandblasted back to bare metal and restored many years ago, it was also painted that metallic red colour many years back along with the customised interior (which now looks dated, but that's the easiest part to fix). The L28 turbo blew up at 1 point I believe and Frank had Peter MacDonnell rebuild it, the car is definitely over engineered but done very well and was a true passion of Frank's. He's only really selling as he downsized from a house in Ivanhoe (where I met him years ago) and into an Inner City apartment where he has no room / workshop to continue working on it. He also told me at his age (70+) he can't really justify it anymore.

If you were to build a similar car you wouldn't get change out of $100k for it. When Frank initially told me he was going to sell it, I contemplated selling the FD RX-7 and I think Frank wanted it to go to a good home and was kind of hoping I'd be interested, but figured I had enough S30Z's LOL..(then I went and bought HS30 01415 :P) An L28 turbo S30Z would be a lot of fun though!

I advised him the car was worth closer to $50k and provided a few examples of cars that have sold for good prices, but as Frank's car is custom and modified (it's not eligible to import back to Japan easily) and so that may limit it's appeal on a Global market level.

The Shannon's auction should be interesting.. I think it should pull a good number, but as with anything depends on who's buying/bidding on the day.

Keep in mind it's also a Fairlady Z-L and not a "240z" - which are pretty rare in themselves, you can just see the Rally Clock in 1 photo. I know it's not quite original anymore but that's also why it has the headlight covers with chrome trim rings.

I would like to see it go to a good home also.

Wonder if same seller as this 1?

http://www.viczcar.com/forum/topic/1924-cars-for-sale-3rd-party-sites-ebay-carsales-etc/?p=196788

Quite a few 2+2s with flares for sale in St Albans.

Yeah it is.

Id keep clear. The seller bogs up cars and primers over the the rust and original unprepped paint and sells them. He had a few Celicas i was looking at buying. Both bogged and primered and now they are both up for sale again by the new owners in Qld with evidence of the painted-over rust. He slaps on spoilers and flares to cover up rust and to entice the young uneducated buyers

I met Frank the owner in 2005 and have known him since that time, I saw his Fairlady Z-L when I went around 1 day to help him have a loan of a Mikuni manifold to use as a template. The car was sandblasted back to bare metal and restored many years ago, it was also painted that metallic red colour many years back along with the customised interior (which now looks dated, but that's the easiest part to fix). The L28 turbo blew up at 1 point I believe and Frank had Peter MacDonnell rebuild it, the car is definitely over engineered but done very well and was a true passion of Frank's. He's only really selling as he downsized from a house in Ivanhoe (where I met him years ago) and into an Inner City apartment where he has no room / workshop to continue working on it. He also told me at his age (70+) he can't really justify it anymore.

If you were to build a similar car you wouldn't get change out of $100k for it. When Frank initially told me he was going to sell it, I contemplated selling the FD RX-7 and I think Frank wanted it to go to a good home and was kind of hoping I'd be interested, but figured I had enough S30Z's LOL..(then I went and bought HS30 01415 :P) An L28 turbo S30Z would be a lot of fun though!

I advised him the car was worth closer to $50k and provided a few examples of cars that have sold for good prices, but as Frank's car is custom and modified (it's not eligible to import back to Japan easily) and so that may limit it's appeal on a Global market level.

The Shannon's auction should be interesting.. I think it should pull a good number, but as with anything depends on who's buying/bidding on the day.

Keep in mind it's also a Fairlady Z-L and not a "240z" - which are pretty rare in themselves, you can just see the Rally Clock in 1 photo. I know it's not quite original anymore but that's also why it has the headlight covers with chrome trim rings.

I would like to see it go to a good home also.

Well Gav, the Rx7 is the odd ball in your collection! (waiting for someone to tell me off for encouraging you!) haha

you're right, you couldnt build something close to this for the money it will probably sell for. and i cannot imagine it will go for less than $45k! but who knows.  Yeah I know it's a Japanese Fairlady Z, doesnt change much for me, still really like it, but not in a position to fork out that kind of money in one big hit.

(is there another thread or website that talks about the difference of the Z & Z-L and the other differences over the years? I have read about the ZG, Z432 & Z432R)

Datsun 260z 2+2

$20,000.00

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/tapping/cars-vans-utes/datsun-260z-2-2/1172455884

Up for sale is my 1976 Datsun 260z 2+2 with original motor and twin SU carburettors and 305 paint code (light blue metallic). The body does have some rust, but nothing excessive and the dash does have some hairline cracks, again, nothing excessive. The interior has been reupholstered with cream vinyl (excluding the two rear seats). The car also comes with central locking.

I've recently overhauled the brake system , front suspension and given the engine new fluids, which includes; new pads and rotors, brake lines, brake master cylinder, KYB front shocks, Penrite 25W-70, Penrite Coolant and wheels and tires.

The car will come with the stock wheels on brand new Toyo Transpath MP4's (215/65R14) and the stock spare. The wheels on the car currently are Hyper Black Rota RB-X's, sporting 9 inches on the front and 9.5 inches on the rear which include new Westlake Sport RS (245/40ZR17).

If I receive the full asking price, I will include; 2 spare L28 longblocks, a spare R180 diff, 2 spare fuel injection manifolds and all running hardware (ECU, throttle body, AFM, loom and injectors), an aircon kit from a 280zx and a rear disc conversion with new disks.

If you have any questions, please text as I'll most likely be at work and won't be able to answer the call.

$_20.PNG

$_20.PNG$_20.PNG$_20.PNG

• Administrators

(is there another thread or website that talks about the difference of the Z & Z-L and the other differences over the years? I have read about the ZG, Z432 & Z432R)

There isn't a great resource in English other than various forum threads where you have to piece it all together yourself.

Someone recently created a buyers guide for buying an S30Z (in the UK), and I feel there is a gap in the market for such a book, although Brian Long's book is quite good it's not completely comprehensive.

A book like this Porsche 1 is sorely needed in the S30Z world.

https://www.bookdepository.com/Porsche-911-Red-Book-3rd-Edition-Patrick-C.-Paternie/9780760347607

Problem is half the data is missing for our cars.

Datsun 240Z Fairlady Z Manual

Batemans Bay, NSW, Australia

Current bid:AU $1,075.00

Auction ends Thursday 01 Feb, 2018 20:03:16 AEDST

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/323020974316?ul_noapp=true

"Interesting early build HS30 car with original matching number engine.
After sitting since 1989 only 87,700 miles recorded. Engine still in good running order.
Original flange gearbox, driveshaft and diff.
Has Australian compliance plate from 7/71.
Engine number matches manufacturer plate and plate matches firewall stamping. VIN indicates car is HS30 build number 615.
Body badges say 'Fairlady Z' and grille is black plastic egg-crate style, not metal 240Z style.
A spare 240Z metal grille is included in sale as well.
Engine has original SU style carbs, air cleaner and the coveted E31 cylinder head.
Many parts are missing. Included parts are shown in photos.
Engine appears and sounds unmodified. A set of used headers is included. 260Z mags are fitted.
A straight, rust-free hood punched with louvres is included.
Every panel on this car has rust - some of it severe.
The hatch opening area above tail lights is not bad, and the hinge area looks OK too.
There is no sunroof, but rust is in the roof. Floors, frame rails, radiator support, sills and firewall all need major repair/replacement. Doors open and close, but need major work. Glass for both doors is included but window regulators are missing.
The second door glass was found after photos were taken.
'Fairlady Z' emblems are pitted and have some broken studs. Tailight lenses are usable.
Mechanical parts look in condition consistent with 87,000 miles.
Brake booster and master cylinder found since photos taken.
Diamond pattern original interior lining is mostly present.
Call it Fairlady Z or 240Z, this is a desirable early manual transmission RHD car with an Australian compliance plate.
A good investment when restored, with original engine.
Colour was metallic blue with black trim.
Several parts, including heater, not shown in photos will be supplied, along with ignition key.
A trailer will be needed for pickup. Car located in Batemans Bay NSW.
Thank you for looking at my listing"

s-l500.jpgs-l500.jpg

s-l500.jpgs-l500.jpg

s-l500.jpgs-l500.jpg

s-l500.jpgs-l500.jpg

s-l500.jpgs-l500.jpg

s-l500.jpgs-l500.jpg

280ZX 2-Seater - Not something that shows up here very often

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/sellicks-beach/cars-vans-utes/datsun-280zx/1172892482

CAUTION this could be a scam!!!

This car is on an international site and has been there for quite a while it is not in SA as is says

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C444965  

That blue 240 in Batemans Bay has been sitting under a $5 tarp in the open , 100m from the top of the cliff near Batehaven / Denhams beach for a good 3 years. I was never tempted to stop.

And it looks like the severe rust is where the tarp would have been lying.

• gav240z changed the title to Cars For Sale (3rd Party Sites) Ebay, Carsales etc..
  • gav240z unpinned, pinned and pinned this topic
  • gav240z featured this topic