Jump to content

PeterH

Members
  • Posts

    258
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    5

Everything posted by PeterH

  1. See if this helps..... http://www.viczcar.com/forum/topic/11780-clutch-pedalstop/?hl=%2Bclutch+%2Bpedal+%2Bstop
  2. Sold.....thank you
  3. For sale, two nos door entry kick plates . These are the later type without " DATSUN " stamped into them. Asking $120 for the pair which is what I paid to "Bprojects" in Japan for them a few years ago. Bprojects now have them on eBay for $115 each ex japan. The reason for my selling them is that I have bought a pair of repro ones with DATSUN stamped in them from MSA. I am in Tamworth so add postage. Peter
  4. There are two leads in the distributor...I bought both from my local Nissan dealer recently. I hope this helps
  5. http://www.240zrubberparts.com/apps/photos The modern paints are lot better than the acrylics that were around in the '70's Steve from 240Z rubber parts told me that his car is 904 some nice photos in there of his restoration
  6. Hobby / model shop perhaps
  7. http://www.viczcar.com/forum/topic/5492-hatch-hinge-rubber/?view=findpost&p=157862 I hope this link works...the member was Zedsabbath but he posted a while ago that he has stopped making them.
  8. going by the turn signals it is a 1973 car. good luck with your search.
  9. http://www.240zrubberparts.com/apps/webstore/products/show/5507024 is this the sort of thing that you are after?
  10. For me it was joint replacements....and for what it matters I had a little bit to do with the '70's touring cars in the day.....
  11. Package arrived today.......Thanks Gav
  12. This is my original and one that I bought online here ...as can be seen the type is totally different. http://zzxdatsun.com/catDecals.php Mike McGinnis has one with more suitable type size but being in the US its for left had drive cars ie HLS30 not HS30
  13. A great job David...I'm surprised that you haven't had any replies posted.
  14. Have to agree with Lurch on this one....start it in gear..... if you get the revs right you can change up and down without the clutch...just have to time the traffic lights and stop signs to pull it out of gear before you stop..( trailing throttle might help ) and then go through the process again.... or get a tow....any one else had to do this simples...?
  15. All good...I was told they are the best as well .....
  16. Isn't "666" the devils number???... .... The ones I have ....for when I finally get to use them are "555" and for what it matters they have a plug where the grease nipple would go.
  17. Depends how much you want to pay https://jdm-car-parts.com/products/master-vacuum-braided-hose-intake-for-rhd-fairlady-z https://jdm-car-parts.com/products/master-vacuum-braided-hose-for-rhd-fairlady-z I bought a set of these when our dollar was very close to the USD One of them is listed as a reproduction part...maybe there will be more around in the future
  18. Standard wheel offset is 15 mm as stated in the factory workshop manual and the same measured on my standard five inch wheel. If you use a zero offset wheel, that will widen the track by 15 mm on each side giving a total track increase of 30 mm. Giving front track 1386 rear track 1377 I hope this helps.
  19. Hi Matt.....18 mm on my car.[attachment =150685:IMG_0910.JPG]
  20. Gav.... interesting that it's at Gosford ....That car was sold from near where I am and I had contacted the seller about having a look at it for original detail information. He was good with that but he had taken a deposit and the car was collected before we could get together....the interesting thing is that he told me the car was being shipped to Western Australia.
  21. Correction..... I just pulled both locks apart and found that the tab, coming out of the key barrel of the aftermarket one was not aligned correctly and that put the position of the electrical switch out. When I bent that and re-positioned the switch they all work fine on both key locks...sorry about the misleading comment must be my age...or something...
  22. Hi Alan I bought a new switch from my Nissan dealer...genuine part but it was about $100. Another option is this non genuine lock but the switch will not work when fitted to the back of your original lock. http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/IGNITION-SWITCH-STARTER-KEYS-SET-DATSUN-PIC-UP-620-FAIRLADY-240Z-260Z-280Z-/161086341886?hash=item25817e82fe:g:-1IAAOSwZ8ZW7oe9 Regards Peter
  23. Nice quote Peter......how is your " Costin and Phipps " these days???
  24. I bought a new 240z in early 1973 which cost a little over $5000 on the road..I was earning about $95 a week.....should have bought a house!!!
  25. Yep.....the photo of the unit out of the car, is out of my spare dash year unknown...and the photo of the unit in installed is one that took before I dismantled my 1973 car...hope this helps Pete
×
×
  • Create New...