Jump to content

PeterH

Members
  • Posts

    258
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    5

Everything posted by PeterH

  1. Just an innovative way of mounting driving lights out of harms way perhaps....the standard lights were not that great .
  2. Thanks Phil
  3. Can any one tell me what the offset cross member on the left of the photo is out of? I've searched here and other places but to no avail. Pete
  4. Ahh the old days..... Gav...do you have or have you driven an R100?? I had a Mazda 1200 and a friend had an R100 in 1969..... 14 inch wheels on the R100 as opposed to 12 inch on the 1200.( both very skinny )the R100 was a very compact powerhouse in the late '60's As for russandra,s question I bought a 240Z in March 1973 but sadly have no record of chassis numbers ...I wish I did....I know this has been asked before, but Nissan must have a register some where of chassis numbers..
  5. Hi Peter I bought a new 240Z in early 1973 and it did not have a hazard light switch...nor does the 1973 car that I have now.... with my current car in bits ( how unusual is that??) it looks like the wiring is there for hazard lights.
  6. Looks great George...hours of fun ahead....
  7. Hi Alan The hood lining out of my 1973 240Z freshly removed this morning ( it had to come out sometime ).... the foam is 8mm thick or 5/16" using the other scale on the verniers. just looks like low density foam nothing flash and no reason to believe that it isn't the original. A replacement that I bought from MSA is about twice the thickness and a denser foam. Hope this helps Peter
  8. Well done Peter...sounds like you have done that before...I was going to say start with the heater core because if any one has had to remove one it's obvious that this is the part that goes in first....but I didn't think George would need that sort of lame reply first up.......all the best with the assembly George
  9. Not at this stage.... thanks.
  10. Thanks for clarifying that I was bit surprised when I read 15 X 6
  11. 205 60 is my choice of profile
  12. Hi ...can you tell me what the offset of the wheels is ? Peter
  13. Hi Cliff....should be plenty of photos around of the "jelly bean" style wheels on the cars ....by "spoke style" do you mean that they are a cast wheel with criss cross looking spoke things??
  14. excellent use of otherwise wasted space in the home Peter...well done.
  15. Yep and then starts to expand so much that it tries to extend outside ...does any body want a 100 year old piano??
  16. I was too young to remember ...and it was soooooo long ago...
  17. Thanks Mossy.....done.....don't know how I missed that thread....might be something to do with my date of birth. Pete
  18. I have an L26 engine that came with my 240Z. I doubt that I will ever have a need for it and while I hadn't planned on actively trying to sell it I was thinking that perhaps it might be the original engine from some ones car on here. The number is " L26 119086 " . If that is the case I'd be happy to part with it. Please note that this is the bare block only. I bought the car and parts from Melbourne. Pete
  19. With a bit of chat on here about originality etc I thought I'd post this. I have an L26 engine that came with my 240Z. I doubt that I will ever have a need for it and while I hadn't planned on actively trying to sell it I was thinking that perhaps it might be the original engine from some ones car on here. The number is " L26 119086 " . If that is the case I'd be happy to part with it. Please note that this is the bare block only. I bought the car and parts from Melbourne. Pete
  20. Sorry ...I missed your post in the middle of this about the 280ZX not being suitable.
  21. Hi Wally...did you get any thing suitable for your engineer from the information on here? Pete
  22. Ditto from me....George are you getting any satisfaction out of putting some of us to shame great job!!!
  23. A page from the Nissan parts book for the 280ZX...legibility is poor but it lists a 6 inch wheel.
  24. http://zshop.net.au/280tech.htm I'm not looking for an engineer to certify mods, I was just asking about wheel sizes....the engineer was in Taree and very helpful and easy to talk to. I decided to go very conservative with 15 X 6 panasports and 205 60 tyres. A bit more info ...this scan, part of a comparison with a Celica, is from the same book as the last one " Datsun Z series - the complete story " by David G Styles and the link shows 6JJ X 14 as an option. Not sure how "verifiable " they are but hope it helps. Pete
  25. Is this any use??
×
×
  • Create New...