Jump to content

MaygZ

Members
  • Posts

    1,509
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    7

Everything posted by MaygZ

  1. This one seems a better start (RB25Det): http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/bentley-park/engine-engine-parts-transmission/rb25det-engine/1031355516
  2. MaygZ

    Engine identification

    Yes. In fact if the engine has done a few k's there will likely be a lip around the top of the bore. This lip can wreck a ring or 2, so going out the lower end is preferred - unless you are going to hone and fit new rings.
  3. Found this comparison video. 'Old V New' Enjoy
  4. What about your carbon footprint?
  5. Once you've connected the brake lines it should pull up a ripper!
  6. Fair enough. 20 seconds ... story of my life. Sorry if my post was a bit short. It was late and I'm in day one of giving up smoking. ggggrrrrrrrr
  7. Hey Blue Z, I'm very curious who bought the gearbox? How much earlier did they PM you than me? They must have been fast. I would be even more disappointed if they contacted you after me - even more disappointed than I am that you still haven't replied to my PM. Regards MaygZ
  8. PM sent
  9. One of my favorite movies!!!
  10. I wouldn't assume the flasher can is working. 3 Step Process:- 1. Check the flasher can with a testlight to see if it is getting power? (Don't forget that the can has 2 power supplies. If YES, then a new can is required. If NO, then .... 2. Check the indicator power to the stalk. If YES, check power coming from the stalk but probably stalk needs work. If NO, then .... 3. Follow the power wire back through the loom, checking at each join, check both sides of the fusebox. You will eventually get your testlight to fire up. Then work back towards the globes replacing/repairing as you go until your test light fires up. I haven't done this on mine, so the above relies on the stalk being positively powered. If the stalk switch provides the earth: 1. ensure the stalk is earthed by temporarily providing an effective earth (another wire properly earthed hooked in). If work YES, service stalk and ensure permanently effective earth - retest. If work NO, then .... 2. earth negative side of flasher can. If work YES, service stalk and retest. If work NO, then .... 3. Replace flasher can and retest. If work YES, service stalk and retest. If work NO, then ..... 4. test both sides of the fuse box and replace fuses (again) if required. If work YES, service stalk and retest. If work NO .... 5. Check your globes (unlikely this is the issue, but if a couple went at the same time due to water or heat, there may not be enough load on the circuit to activate the can - unlikely but possible) If work YES, then service stalk and retest. If work NO, then .... 6. Take vehicle to auto elec or sell to me very cheaply. MaygZ
  11. I recommend you call Ben at Otomoto. He is very knowledgeable and very helpful. Yes, some would say that he has a vested interest in selling you something from his range (although his range is huge and of very good quality), but he has always been very honest with me and everyone that I know he has spoken with. He also has a very long and broad history in vehicle modification and testing (pretty sure he was a motoring journalist for a period - was it Fast fours?) Anyway, ring him and ask him all the questions. You'll get sound advice. MaygZ
  12. Fricken' pretender! Wannabe!! Like everything else made in the late 70's and the 80's (and yes Simon I mean EVERYTHING) the ZX is loud, tacky and an abomination of all that came before it!
  13. Mick, the shed's a mess at the moment and I haven't unpacked the blaster since I got home. I simply took the filter off the blaster cabinet, took the metal extension off the vacuum and put the hose of the vacuum cleaner into the hole. I put a couple of laps of electrical tape around the tube so it was a neater fit. It really was that simple. You don't need a very strong suction, so one of the very cheap ones (or an old one) is all that is needed. I bought the cheapest one from Kmart they had and it does the job well. If you really need a photo send me a PM and I'll try and get some room in the shed and set it up for you. MaygZ
  14. You could sell the other Zed and use the money to build up the 1200. Just a suggestion. Well done on beginning your racing path. Stay smooth, stay on line, stay happy.
  15. Ad has now been removed.
  16. Spindle pins are available from Nissan for about $27. I bought a earlier this year and they arrived in a couple of days. Easy.
  17. A compliment it was. I am enjoying watch the rebirth of this car and thank you for the time you are putting into this thread. MaygZ
  18. Great job. These moments of ingenuity coupled with your fastidiousness are producing a truly remarkable automobile. Should I raise the discussion again re: this car is too good to race?? MaygZ
  19. You mean beers and bad jokes?
  20. That's what she said. Not what she said!
  21. I'll do my best to get there - pending work. Simon - (The proper one!)
  22. How do they compare price wise? 255/40/17?? 235/40/17??
  23. I'm too slow. He's taken the photos down. Damn, I needed a good laugh/cry. I guess I'll just watch Titanic again.
  24. MaygZ

    Z31 Spare parts

    I've got a pair of koni yellows for the rear. They are brand new and never fitted to anything. They are yours for $300 +postage. Give me a call on O4I99 77 447 if you are interested. MaygZ
×
×
  • Create New...