Thanks Guys,
I realise I haven't given you a great deal to go on. I don't really have the access to the car to be able to give you all the details you require.
I have probably not expressed myself properly. I am not interested in making money out of this adventure. I am interested in emersing myself in something that challenges me and in the end gives me something that I can enjoy and be proud of.
I think that my obsession is my passion. I am simply trying to balance my enthusiasm with your collective experiences and logic.
I never want to be one of those guys in the Trading Post who's ads read "Receipts for $40K sell for $8k." I would simply like my Ad ( if there has to be one) to read more like Receipts for $20 sell for $20. This is not a business for me.
I am not allowed to have more than one project, so if I want a second one, I need to not lose too much much money on the first. I know that sounds a little cold, but that is my life. Leys face it, She is funding half this project and She is looking at it without my emotion. Surely I'm not the only bloke with this sort of input.
In the late 80's, 10 PW (pre wife) I rebuilt and raced an Alfa. They were some of the best days of my life. When I bought the Alfa I was tossing up between the Alfa, a Capri and a Zed. I simply found the Alfa first. The Alfa had to go for house renos. The Renos are done, so back to the shed for me.
I sure that some of you guys who are lucky enough to own a 'Stable' of Zeds occasionally find yourselves thinking that if stuff hit the fan, atleast I could sell a Zed - or maybe they are your Super. Selling a Zed surely can't be a sin. If that were the case, then very few of you guys would have one (unless you bought it new).
The othre reason for asking the questions is I want to do some track work again. Dose the L28 bugger me up for class. Does it put me in a racing class with turbo monsters. It would seem from Stevo that I would have more options with an L24. Thank you Stevo.
Scootag. I too have a dream of the look and fel I want from my Zed. the problem is that with each post I read, it changes a little It was always going to be red, but now I'm thinking the original colours are pretty good. I initially wanted to drop a 5.0l V8 in, but now I want the original engine. Reading the posts on this and other forums, is reshaping my dream constantly.
Now that you have most of my car CV ( I was a mechanic before I started flying in the mid 80's only to lose my job with the pilots dispute in 89!)