Jump to content

MaygZ

Members
  • Posts

    1,509
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    7

Everything posted by MaygZ

  1. Not sure which part of melb you are in, but the best panel bloke I have found (sorry to all on this forum .. but technically I haven't found you yet) is Peter TODD at Mentone Smash Repairs. Don't be fooled by the name - they're not really smash repairers and they're not in Mentone Where is it? 103 Cochranes Road Moorabbin VIC 3189 How to contact them? (03) 95557419 I haven't seen Peter for 12 + years, but everytime I went to his shop he had some of the most amazing cars in there. mainly resto jobs, some with timber cabins! He was making boots, sills, guards and the like for mini, MG and exporting same to UK. They've got all the shaping gear there. (I can watch those guys all day). He's not cheap, but the quality is exceptionally high. He was active in the Alfa Club (AROCA) so understands car club budjets also.
  2. that colour looks very similar to the Pearl White of the Lotus Esprit from the late 80's (yes the Bond model). the paint code is: P02 Pearlescent White ICI P4217865 A089B6184V + Clear (This of course means nothing to me but, I'm sure someone here knows what is means). Here is a link to one: http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1275567.htm And U-tube link: There was one of these Lotus (or is it Loti) in MSCA back in the early 90's. It was a beautiful colour. I couldn't have it as I was racing an Alfa (red or RED!)
  3. I can't afford that beautiful beast, but I might be able to afford one of the projects in your stable Any 240's ? About 260 cars, everything from Lamborghini's, Ferrari's to Datsun's. It's good to see you listed these in ASCENDING order of importance!
  4. G'day katoKid, have a look at this one, it may suit you. Make sure you read to the end. he pranged it while he was trying to sell it http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Sale-1989-R32-Gtst-t291632.html
  5. This link works: http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?p=1084263#post1084263 They look great. The suspension arms are impressive.
  6. Sorry Stivva. I found myself getting a little confused about which car we were talking about (Red or green)
  7. have you guys had achance to have a look yet? Verdict?
  8. It's back. To my inexperienced eye, it looks pretty good. Any idea of market value? http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Datsun-240z-1973-Sports_W0QQitemZ170410568492QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Cars?hash=item27ad42eb2c
  9. Has anyone seen this car up close. Is it a viable project? (I'm way more skilled at the mechanical side than body)
  10. Always worth a try. Good luck with the rebuild.
  11. Sounds terminal. Probably should just sell it and move on to something else. I might buy it from you Good luck
  12. It is my understanding that carbon bonnets fail to comply with the ADRs in Vic. No I can't tell you which ADR. They fail due to the fact that they fail to 'crumple' in a collision, instead shear off at the hinges and spear through the windscreen. Obviously this results in a messing interior.
  13. John, I think I would have to pry the G nose from his cold dead fingers!
  14. The panel guy reckons I wouldn't get much change from $10K. He's going to come out and have a look at it (and the damaged 260). He should be able to give me a better idea then. It's not looking good tho. I'm not sure I can save this one. A shame to lose another 240 to the Rust Demon.
  15. John, I don't take the opinion badly. It's an old car, not my daughter! I put it up for exactly that, your opinions! Keep them coming. I want the most accurate info I can get. the level of rust has taken the shine off (pardon the pun) the dream for this 240 :'( but we'll see what the panel blokes reckon and how much it would cost.
  16. he has a 260 2 seater in MUCH better condition. Is has a small amount of collision damage to the front left; and I mean small. Now I'm wandering if I should skip the 240 dream and go with a 260 dream For me the 260 would be second prize. I emphasise that is for ME. but second is much better than last. he has a Deawoo The bugger has a GTO kit and he has a G nose he's like the Steptoe (or catweasel, depending on your age) of Zeds!!
  17. the driver's door looks pretty stuffed to me. he has plenty of 2+2 doors, but that doesn't help me much. he has a few coupe doors that he may part with. The interior is all there. the carpet is pretty shart tho. The dash has a mat glued to it, so I am sure the dash top is stuffed. he has a dash without a mark on it, but I doubt he will part with it. He has others that are reasonably good with just one or two splits. he is struggling to come up with a price and to be honest, I can't really think of a fair one either. I'm thinking somewhere between $500 and $2000. But I really don't know. he will obviously make more money out of me for parts Do you have any ideas?
  18. Stevo I've not done rust work before. I'm quite nervious about it to tell you the truth, but the local panel shop have said they will help. I'm heading down there with the photos when I finish here to see what they reckon. from what you've seen so far, any idea of a price? there is a fair bit of rust around the rear hatch. there is a fair bit in the wheel well, but none of is is yet through. I suppose it would be by the time I took out what I can see :-\
  19. I couldn't see under the car as the tyres are flat, but the rails appear to be the best part of the car. the driver's floor appears to have been fibreglassed.
  20. sorry if the photos don't show it all. Shart camera.
  21. And some more. He has more doors, guards and hatches for me to choose from (buy). Are the 2+2 hatches the same as the coupes?
  22. If finally got some photos. It's amazing how much more rust you see when you take off the rose coloured glasses :'(
  23. Gav, I'm wanting an asking price too. The bloke is a bit of a hoarder and loves his Zeds. He still has his first one he bought in 1974 sitting in a garage under stripped parts of lots of cars. He must have at least 25 cars and 20 bikes in his back yard - everything from a Lanos to a Zender Kit 323i to V12 BMW. The Zed I'm looking at was his daughter's, so he's poss a bit emo about it. I'm trying to get there today. Will try for some photos. He's a bit funny about photos (understandably) with the value of things in his back yard. I don't think he wants anyone to know he has 11 Zeds and has the parts from another 8 or 9 all over the place I think he expects that he would then get hundreds of visitors wanting this and that part. He intends to do up all the cars and bikes!! None of us can really blame a bloke for dreaming, eh?
  24. Thanks Toecutter. Buying a Zed seems to be a step into the great unknown. An absolute leap of faith. My local panel boys are happy to teach me to MIG and let me use their gear The mechanics is just time and money for me. Don't have either, but you always seem to find just enough of both to do the things you have to do. My GOT you can buy some cool stuff from the US, but the postage would kill Thanks again for the welcome. PS when and where are the BBQ? I'm up near Kilmore.
×
×
  • Create New...