Jump to content

MaygZ

Members
  • Posts

    1,509
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    7

Everything posted by MaygZ

  1. Rev, I did a Google search on 'ruptured duck' and it came back with valve timing and ignition timing. I can't remember if you've had this motor apart or not, but ignition timing would be the first I'd check.
  2. I think I started it, but we should blame Lurch!!!!!
  3. Looks very britsh from that angle. Jensen/Stag???
  4. Gee, he makes it sound so easy. It's a fiddly, time consuming job to get the toe, heel, backlash and over run right. A whiney diff will get your mader than a whiney wife!! But a pro should be able to knock it up for your quickly. (Diff or wife ???) A much easier way to get a 3.9LSD. Good luck.
  5. there are a few 4.36 LSDs on ebay at the moment. Is it difficult to change wheels to 3.9?
  6. I can't believe it. I'm getting a little toey in anticipation. Have really enjoyed this thread/build. Can't wait till you start another one!!
  7. I've never seen one before but interesting to see the evolution of the car. Started a little 120Y like, then went all scimitar, then 180Bish and finished honda Civic(ic)!
  8. Some of the Ballarat boys and I were talking the other day and suggested running them back to the rear shocker mounts. Sounds like a good plan to me.
  9. G'day Nato, How long are they? How far down the body do they run? Are they the same length as standard? MaygZ
  10. It's not against the law here. I thought we even spoke with blokes who drive MX5s!!
  11. Thanks guys. Of course you are right; I should make my own. Just hoping someone has one laying around.
  12. Welcome aboard. Just because I had to wait until I was 44 to get my first Zed, doesn't mean you have to. I agree with the other sticks in the mud though. My first car was a Mazda 1500 (a well ahead of it's time Italian designed sports sedan). It was a great car that I seemed to touch park occasionally enough, that had it been a hand restored Zed I would still be crying. My brother's first car was a '59 MGA that had bits stolen from it on a regular basis and the only way he could stop the thefts was to right it off on a valiant! My advice would be, as already suggested, to find a relatively cheap car (RWD of course) to endure all those little mishaps that follow young drivers around (including Police!!). So long as you can keep that other great expense (girls) out of your life (wallet) for a while, then you would be better off to drive a Zed in your 20's. None of this stops you from starting a project sooner (parents tend to get in the way of this plan), but not ideal as a daily drive. In the meantime, your skills and knowledge will grow from the many very experienced members on this forum. Once you get to know a few of the blokes near to you, then you may be able to hone your skills working on their cars (obviously under the eagles eyes of the owners). This is just my opinion. Good luck and welcome again. MaygZ
  13. Welcome aboard. When I read your future I see many hours of frustration, followed by a long period of joy and tranquility.
  14. Wow, first post in the new section. Does anyone have a rotissorie to suit a Zed that is taking up space in there shed? Do they want to sell it, or rent it out for a long time (I work slow but steady)? I know I could make one, but having never stood in front of one, I don't know enough about them to make one. Besides it would be nice to help a member out by helping clean up there shed. If not has anyone had any dealings with one of the commercially made ones? Which ones? Any good? MaygZ
  15. Steve, I've always admired you.
  16. You can test one yourself on Gran Turismo 4
  17. G'day JJ, Welcome. In a word 'RUST'. Other than that they seem pretty solid. Oh, and driver's side window winders. MaygZ
  18. Peter, you're right. I start my panel beating course tomorrow. Prob not too late for some of the courses if people got moving today.
  19. Looks really good. Well done.
  20. As per phone call, thank you for your help and see you next saturday.
  21. G'day all. I've just bought a welder from BOC in Ballarat and wondering if anyone is driving from Ballarat to Melbourne in the next week or so? and if that person could pick up my new welder for me? I can be contacted on zero-419977447. MaygZ (Simon)
  22. It's probably there now. Paulene rang me today to say that mine came in this morning!! Now I just have to get to ballarat!!!!
  23. Any excuse to use your new welder? Looks like fun mate.
  24. Want to share some of those leads??
  25. So if I've got this right. You cut off the top 25mm or so, then cut out the next 50mm or so. Then weld the first 25m back on, so the top can be screwed back on. This would allow greater shocker travel (or a shorter shocker be fitted) and allow the top of the tube to still be sealed. How did I go?
×
×
  • Create New...