Jump to content

MaygZ

Members
  • Posts

    1,509
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    7

Everything posted by MaygZ

  1. John, I wonder if you posting just before the auction ended just might have been why I mwas outbid with 23 seconds to go ?? Bugger. Anyone else got some laying around??
  2. well done. please update the post title to reflect the sale. Stops people getting their hopes up. Regards
  3. You can achieve the same as above with a test lamp/circuit tester. Have you fitted anything to the car recently? radio? Amp? gps? something that should only run off ACC or ON but is instead running direct off battery. Something flattening a battery overnight is quite a bit of draw unless ... how old is the battery? If more than 4-5 years old and the cold weather arriving could be enough to kill a battery, especially if it's not being used often.
  4. Not another poll!!! Noooooo!
  5. I know that we are not supposed to discuss religion, but I just found this and I liked it and wanted to share. Sharing is what life and this forum are all about, so not even Lurch should argue with the 'purpose of life'! Cowboy's Ten Commandments posted on the wall at Cross Trails Church in Fairlie , Texas : (1) Just one God. (2) Honor yer Ma & Pa. (3) No telling tales or gossipin'. (4) Git yourself to Sunday meeting. (5) Put nothin' before God. (6) No foolin' around with another fellow's gal. (7) No killin'. ( Watch yer mouth. (9) Don't take what ain't yers. (10) Don't be hankerin' for yer buddy's stuff. Couldn't be simpler!!
  6. Welcome Bryan. why has no-one told him that if he gets a move on and finishes it quickly, it can sit in his Dad's garage longer as he won't be allowed to drive it for a couple of years anyway? Looks a good project. Keep the L26 in it for a few years and enjoy it. There will be plenty of time to fiddle with the engine swap later. My 2 cents. I just realised I sound like a cranky old man (Lurch)!! Oh well, if the shoe fits. Welcome again.
  7. Chev, it's "Let he who is without aim cast the first stone."
  8. The are many comments in topic about differences, ie: difference in chokes, difeerences in diffs etc. But he's right. I can't find much in the way of a good summary of the differences, except this one: http://www.viczcar.com/forum/index.php/topic,983.msg6344.html#msg6344 Give it a try. It's pretty thorough as far as I can see. Maybe it could be woken from it's slumber and enhanced, enhanced, enhanced .... just show me the picture!
  9. Thanks guys. This is all really good info.
  10. I just bought a compressor. I don't know anything about it, other than a person with unquestionable integrity tells me it's just what I need. And that's good enough for me!! thanks guys.
  11. G'day all, Is anyone likely to be travelling between Narree Warren and Kilmore/Lancefield in the forseeable future? Or even Narree warren and Springvale on the 17th?? I need to get an air compressor from NW to a beautiful part of the world known as Springfield (between Kilmore and Lancefield) zero four one double nine double seven double four seven
  12. I don't have a concrete budget. Expecting in the $500-800 range. The more I spend on tools, the less there is for the Zed.
  13. Have you thought of running an ad in the 'Courier Mail'? That might give you some leads to follow up. If your story gets a few heart strings going, you might even get some free coverage on radio or a feel good story on TV. Never know your luck.
  14. G'day Garett and welcome, Nice to have another ex Cross and Serpent lover on board. The guys here are as helpful, but we don't go to Bells! There are not a lot of big differences between the 240s and 260s, but I'm told there are lots of little ones. Just enough to make it too difficult to make much of a hybrid. The 260's and late 240' have a more rigid chassis set-up than the early ones, but as a result they weigh a little more. Swings and merry-go-rounds. Some of the others can give you more details. The similarities between the Zeds and the 105's is huge: if the wind is gentle from the south, you can hear them both rusting; it is unlikely that the electrics will work in either; they sound great (espec if you fit the mentioned Webers or dellortos) and people smile whenever they look at them! You will love them as they are faster and you no longer have to push the pedals into the floor!!
  15. That's pretty central to all. Just a little flick over to Springvale for the 17th. See you there.
  16. G'day all, I know it's a little like measuring bits of string, which has been covered in another thread, but .. I'm looking at buying an air compressor. Rule 1 - I am stuck with 240V, so that limits things a bit. Rule 2 - not super $$$$$ I want to be able to run a sand blast cabinet, a bit of spraying, a few air tools, air sander etc. As it's just me, I don't imagine I'll ever be good enough to do all at once, so they will take turns. It has been suggested by a wealthy friend that I need 15-17 cubic ft/min (425-280 litres). I suspect that they are huge and prob all 3 phase (see rule 1) and rule 2!! What size compressors, and for that matter brands, are you blokes running for your sheds and Zed building? Right Lurch, now you can make your 'girly' comments.
  17. Welding is easy!! Can be picked up in just a couple of hours and you can weld anything. eh Lurch?
  18. I see two options: get a fatter wife or get a skinnier mate. It's the Zed ride that's important, after all.
  19. G'day and welcome. What part of Melbourne you from?
  20. The great tool shop in Geelong (possibly the whole world) is QualiTools. So much shiny ... mmmm
  21. I'm still a big fan of Sidchrome, but my favorite socket set 1/4" is TengTools. It is a great set and have never seen one of there tools fail. I've also use Bahco and they were very well build in my opinion. I found a great tool shop in Geelong the other day. I can't recall the name, but it's across the road from Geelong Harley Davidson and next door to KTM. Someone from Geelong help me out, as they have an online sotore as well. I could have spent hours in there looking around, infact I did. Shiny There you go we've norrowed it down to one of about nine brands. And you thought asking would have made it easier.
  22. "Weight will have no effect top speed" I don't think that is quite correct. An increase in weight will increase friction resistance on unsprung components (tyres, bearings etc), thus requiring more energy for a given speed. But you are right - F=ma so an increase in weight will decrease the acceleration.
  23. A criminal offence = gaol!! Had your nasty pills for breakfast eh Lurch?? Pauly is unfortunately right. It could be registered in an address in NSW and then transferred to Vic reg. One could rent a house or flat in Albury (for eg) for 3 months - still cheaper than an engineer.
  24. Well done Lurch. I'm happy for you. (They're right, sarcasm does convey well in writing). I'm not in the slightest bit jealous. I'm not in the slightest bit pi$$ed off that I can't even find a half decent DONOR car for that sort of money!! Seriously mate well done, I'm happy for you. (Got you again!!) Now the cat is out, so to speak, is Lurch Enterprises back up and running???
  25. That's a long trip through some of the roughest parts of mexico (b'rat). It could easily go missing and as we say in mexico - "I see nothing, amigo."
×
×
  • Create New...