Jump to content

MaygZ

Members
  • Posts

    1,509
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    7

Everything posted by MaygZ

  1. Not if we want to buy another one!!
  2. I'm no expert on concourse, but .... Quote: This is a concourse condition ...... Now fitted with a fully reconditioned fuel injected 280ZX engine .... Together with Recaro seats .... New 1" lower Kings springs .... Has new SupaLite 16" rims. End Quote: I does look to be in exceptional condition though.
  3. Looking good Rev. The good Lord certainly gave you some skills.
  4. My wife saw a green Zed in Kilmore today. Yours by chance?
  5. G'day Pantah. You got me interested with the Mt William Rd? I'm in Springfield, just at the southern end of Mt William Rd. Is there a lonley Zed sitting nearby that I can help you with?? Is it fair to say that by your post tag that you are also a fan of Ducatti?? My brother had a Ducatti Pantah and it was a beast to ride. Seriously tho, what are the chances of there being 2 Zed owners in Springfield? There's one in Lancefield and one somewhere in Riddels Creek.
  6. G'day all, just got back from Hols down the beach. I hope you are all well. Got this email reply from TAFE. Hope it is of interest. Dear Simon, Thank you for contacting the TAFE Course Line. The Chisholm Institute offers hobby panel beating and vehicle restoration courses at its Dandenong campus: • Chisholm Institute - Dandenong 121 Stud Road Dandenong VIC 3175 Tel: 03 9212 5000 Email: enquiries@chisholm.edu.au Web: http://www.chisholm.edu.au The Gordon Institute of TAFE offerers hobby panel beating and vehicle paining courses at its East Geelong campus: • Gordon Institute of TAFE - East Geelong Boundary Road East Geelong VIC 3219 Tel: 03 5225 0500 Email: Customerservice1@gordontafe.edu.au Web: http://www.gordontafe.edu.au Kangan Batman TAFE offers a vehicle restoration and panel fabrication course and an introduction to vehicle painting course at its Docklands campus: • Kangan Batman Institute of TAFE - Docklands 1 Batman's Hill Drive Docklands VIC 3008 Tel: 13 82 33 Email: enquiries@kangan.com.au Web: http://www.kangan.edu.au The Bendigo Regional Institute of TAFE offers a hobby panel beating course in Bendigo: • Bendigo Regional Institute of TAFE - Bendigo 136 McCrae Street Bendigo VIC 3550 Tel: 1300 554 248 Email: info@britafe.vic.edu.au Web: http://www.britafe.vic.edu.au Welding courses covering arc, MIG, TIG and oxy-acetylene processes are offered by the Goulburn Ovens Institute of TAFE at Shepparton and Wangaratta: • Shepparton http://shortcourses.vic.gov.au/searchdisplay.asp?crs=107699&SearchID=628251&prv_id=282 • Wangaratta http://shortcourses.vic.gov.au/searchdisplay.asp?crs=175212&SearchID=628251&prv_id=285 For information about course content, starting dates and fees you would be advised to contact the training providers directly. If you have any other questions regarding the availability of TAFE courses in Victoria please do not hesitate to contact the TAFE Course Line on 131 823 or email tafe.coureline@diird.vic.gov.au. Regards, TAFE Course Line Skills Victoria Department of Innovation, Industry and Regional Development GPO Box 266D MELBOURNE VIC 3001
  7. Merry Christmas one and all.
  8. WOW. I wish I knew WTF you are talking about. Again in engrish? :-\
  9. Sorry Sirpent. My mistake.
  10. Not yet. He got $1300 for the shell and $350 for the 2+2. Those prices would confuse anyone. I can tell you he has been advised on the red 240Z prices ranging from $500 to $3000!! That too would confuse anyone. he sold a couple of bars for $300 so that suggests that whole cars are worth a lot more. I have told him that he will make more money if he breaks them up, but will be left with most, if not all, the shells still to get rid of. He was waiting for offers, but I have suggested to him that he simply nominate prices and see how he goes. I think that is what he is working on now. Both Sirpent and I (independantly) have suggested that about $1000 a piece is about right.
  11. Lets get back to the job at hand ...... saving some Zeds from extinction!!
  12. G'day and welcome. I do hope those nearest and dearest are ready for the obsessive behaviour you are about to display. Don't be surpirsed when they start moving grog and sharp objects away from you and you'll notice they will whisper alot and stop talking when you walk into the room. When all these things are happening, just smile 'cause you know that you belong here.
  13. OK, I can't sit by and see the Sirpent cop all this so ..... He has done something very good for this forum. It has taken his time and effort (he was even breath tested leaving Lancefield!!) I know we all appreciate his effort and many have told him so. My excuse is that I still know shiver all about Zeds (but thanks to guys like Sirpent, and there are many here like him, I am learning quickly. My list would have red something like: there's a rusty red coupe, a rusty blue 2+2 etc. Sirpents concern about what he eloquently refers to as Trolls is the Lancefield John had several parts and other items stolen on the Wednesday he opened his place for what turned out to be a public viewing. Yes he had his contact number in his eBay ad, but many told him they had seen the info on this forum. Now obviously being a member of the forum doesn't preclude dishonest behaviour, but the thefts have a effect on us ALL. ALL the members of this forum, to some extent have been tainted by these thefts. Not ALL Trolls are thieves and not ALL members are honest, but I will say that in my experience, if a person belongs to a group then they tend to moderate their behaviour to suit the group and comply with the ethos, customs and requests of the group. I see that the distinction has been made between the 'try before you buy' group and those that use the site and contribute nothing. I know that I fell into the first group for a couple of days and I'm sure that most do. I would encourage all to join. Anyone who has a love or interest in Zeds has something to offer all of us. Joining also allows you to ask specific questions and gain help suited to your needs. My 2 cents ....
  14. Spare Wheel tub and battery tray (with surround). http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Datsun-240z-260z-Rust-Repair-Panels_W0QQitemZ290380668051QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Car_Parts_Accessories?hash=item439c095c93
  15. If your booster is leaking (or the hose is leaking) you should have a roughness to the idle. I have seen bloke who have put big boosters on who can stall there motor by pumping the brakes. The bleed nipple must be right at the top. Ensure that you have the nipple and the brake line the right way around, ie nipple at top and brake line at bottom. Is the master new? Did you put a kit in it, hone it? You may have an internal leak in the master, where fluid is pushing past the cups and then seeping back over time or leaking into your booster or just sitting at the back of the actuating rod. I have heard of people putting the cups in back to front, which would cause the problems you have. Just some things to check. Good Luck.
  16. Are the chassis rails hard to find? Do I need to have them made? Where? $$? What's your rate? Beer or cash? Won't buy Hanh! Don't even think I can talk to you if you drink it!!
  17. Can't really complain. the deck and attached freezer panel annex is on the side of my shed. Somewhere to relax, reflect and plan (read: dream) the next stage of the Zed's life. Other than replacing the passenger side rail/battery and radiator support; this is the worst of the so far discovered rust. Other than the door and bottoms of the guards of course. Oh nearly forgot; I do have to weld on some rails, as it doesn't have any of those!!
  18. Check out these courses my wife found. I think she wants me out of the house for a while http://www.nmit.edu.au/shortcourses/intro_to_welding_mig_arc_and_oxyacetylene http://www.nmit.edu.au/shortcourses/advanced_mig_and_arc_welding These ones look very good. http://www.shortcourses.vic.gov.au/searchdisplay.asp?crs=161602&SearchID=626105&prv_id=275 http://www.shortcourses.vic.gov.au/searchdisplay.asp?crs=161601&SearchID=626105&prv_id=275 I'm signing up for the basic welding and then the panel beating. Hope this info is of use to some of you.
  19. LOL. Nah the boss made me stop on the way home and buy some concrete bags for a deck that she want built. I promise, it really is tied in properly. I'm getting a front cut dropped off this week to replace pax side rail and Radiator support.
  20. The back half is in primer and the front panels are a very tired silver paint. Just some small rust problems. Nothing that scares even me He's thrown some parts in to the package. I haven't had time to go through them as yet, but looks like dash, steering column, radiator and some interior bits(heater, trim etc) I couldn't have a really good look at it in the garage before I bought it, so I was a little surprised when I got it home and began bonding with it. See if you can see the problem in the second photo? The plans were always for original, but with a clean shell those plans are now flexible. I doubt I'll be dropping in a 5.0l or rbDET, but probably look at L28, triples (dreaming), discs all round, will look at power steering (?), coil-overs, some shiny adjustable control arms ..... the list goes on.
  21. Lurch, thanks for your guidance. Yes, I think you may get a sneek peek before others
  22. G'day all, it is so wonderful to be able to tell someone that I just bought a Zed (well a shell anyway). I can't tell my wife, well I can but, she doesn't give a shiver. Something about being obsessed and sick to death of hearing about bloody 240Zeds, blah, blah, blah ....... I suspect my mates feel the same way ..... But you guys understand You blokes are just as nuphy as me. you guys are the best virtual friends I've ever had. I love you blokes. Whoops, got a little carried away, but it is an emotional time for me I found it on eBay (of all places): http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120504014089&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT It belonged to mouse240 - who is a member here. I still need a donor so I haven't forgotten you Jeff or John.
  23. He does love his cars. he, like us, has a very romantic feeling for his Zeds. He is a self confessed 'gunna'. He's no worst than me, just been doing it longer and he's lucky enough that he doesn't have a 'hand-brake' holding him back!! I really think that when it comes to the value of something, he has his feet on the ground. However, when I was looking at the red 240, I sensed he was torn between what he would like to get for it and what he thought it was really worth in it's current condition. It was difficult for him to put a price on it (in fact he never did!). He will need some time to make these descisions, so be patient and gentle with him, but you will need to remind him occasionally. He wont work at the pace that we all want him to. After all he took 30 years to gather these babies, you can't expect him to put a price on their heads easily.
  24. Thank you John. You're absolutely correct. You have done some excellent work here and provided some excellent information. I suspect people are still recovering from shock regarding the sheer number of Zeds in one place all calling out for love and attention. I'm sure once people recover, gratitude will flow in abundance. Of course if everyone buys all his Zeds and parts, my part supply will dry up!!
×
×
  • Create New...