Jump to content

Zedman240®

Moderators
  • Posts

    5,250
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

Everything posted by Zedman240®

  1. If you don't mind if the wheels are taken off I can probably do it for you Chris...and they can wait till the weekend, it should be ok.
  2. I'd keep it and partially restore it and fit it with some 15x8 wheels and lower... should look good then...for a Toyota
  3. 12 at idle isnt good, it should be at least 13.8ish and even while revving, be around 14v. If you can do a load test/CCA rating test done on the battery first, then check actual output of your alternator/reg to make sure its charging.
  4. Not trying to be harsh but realistic; any "rust free" zed will either be on a rotiserrie being built, fully restored and IF for sale, would be at the very least $25K+. The other rusty "rust free" zeds will be around the $10K mark. Rusty zeds without any rust visible are usually said to be rust free. Rust rust rust rust (if you were to bother counting the amount of times I typed rust)
  5. This is the ONLY way to do it properly... worst thing about a zed is they rust from the inside out!
  6. I'd like to post a quote from the movie "The Castle"..
  7. Found the flywheel; when you are ready, let me know..
  8. Sold some to Benny, not sure if he wants to sell?
  9. Are there any wreckers around that have L engined cars available?
  10. Just double check nobody has modified the wiring at the alternator just in case they fitted the alternator from a 280ZX also..
  11. Welcome Vlad, I used to own an Evo 8 and loved it! Great car in every way; but still own the zed after I sold the Evo. Hope we can help in any way..
  12. I know it's not really Z related in a way, sorry about that but I'm after a P4 notebook computer. (Not fussed on specs) I do need to move some Z parts so if you have an older or spare notebook you are not using, and if you need some parts, please let me know what you have and PM me. I'm after a couple so please let me know... Thanks!
  13. Did you mean the bolt spacing of the torque converter bolts or the crankshaft bolts?
  14. I'll have a good look tomorrow, and also I have that little part for the window reg you bought.
  15. I'll probably go.. hope for some more cars than the one at Dandy! I know what you're on about Jason..
  16. I'm sure I have one, a bit rusty though but ready for some lightening! you can have it for free...
  17. If you have been thinking about a turbo 20B conversion for your zed, this should push you over the edge...
  18. Welcome Michael, Great car to be given! Some people spend months looking and you had one land in your lap! With the gearbox, sounds like it needs a reco and the shifter bushes are probably cracked and have fallen apart. They can be purchased new or if you have access to a lathe, machine some up yourself. Keep the pics rolling in from the resto..
  19. I can do my best to come down for the Sunday.. Also, if you need some spare parts for the day that you know you need, I can bring some.
  20. I'm still on the lookout for an old 88-89 Shogun Prairie Breaker team Issue (Red, Black and White/ Chrome frame paintwork) if anyone has spoted one! Oh Chris, I have a smallish box of some old 88-90's brakes and derailleurs if you want... I can take a pic and let me know..for free of course! Pic of bike I'm after..and similar condition if possible! If anyone can find one, there will be a nice pair of lens covers with the chrome trim in it for ya...
  21. I used to run some 17x8 Simmons with 225 tyres with lipped guards with coilovers and they did scrub slightly on some big heavy bumps. Forgot what offset they were but I do have the receipt somewhere with all the info.
  22. I have on ebay at the moment an early 90's Malvern Star Triathlete. Theres an old steel recycler and bikeshop I visit; I'll keep an eye out.
  23. Nahh, normally mirrors come crashing down and kids start screaming..
  24. Takin a leak while it was happening.. only clue was the shaking of the can of air freshener and the wife screaming at the rattling front door...
  25. During the week it must do some street sweeping....
×
×
  • Create New...