Jump to content

Zedman240®

Moderators
  • Posts

    5,250
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

Everything posted by Zedman240®

  1. Good quality kitty litter works very well for oil spills in the garage..
  2. Only issue I'd have with a daily like that would be the fear of someone smacking into it. If you are ok with that, go for it.... I would!
  3. As above, I have 2 sets of 240Z carbies for sale. Both have manifolds and early E41 type balance tubes. One set need those small rubber hoses that go from the float chamber to the needle part. No airbox's though. They are $150 a set with freight (via courier) can be done for about $30. Would need someone to go through them as they haven't been run for quite a while but luckily out of the weather. PM for details.
  4. Can I drop of my 40's? they need some of your TLC... as with my L26
  5. I've always removed the two smaller bolts from the insulator rather than just the whole mount. As Jason recommended, install the insulator then try an line up the smaller bolts. I've never seen a difference between 240 - 260 cross members.
  6. Hahaha...no Alan....
  7. Happy Birthday Pete! all ze best...
  8. Just have to get a forklift to get the crate out of the rack Gareth...
  9. Got a few here if you want....price would be a Banana flavoured Big M..
  10. I'd be happy to sit on a milk crate and hold onto the cage...
  11. Looks incredible! Love the colour choice... hope to see it in real life one day! Coming to the nationals here next year?
  12. All you need now are the 10" wide 17's with the flares and you are done.
  13. I bought that body on it's own for about $50 off ebay. It fits 1/10 chassis with the 210?mm wheelbase. The attention to detail is incredible; craps all over the ABC brand 240Z polycarb body you can buy for around $80. Can't decide what colour to paint it!
  14. Yep..you guessed right. How many are you after?
  15. Simon, that quote of mine isn't about my name, I remember years ago at secondary school, some girl had that written in her diary...just something that brings back some good memories...I've seen about 20 combinations of my name... I'm used to it. Daniel, those rubber nuts are just reusable type of rivnuts. Very strong and very corrosion proof. Made from neoprene and have brass threads. If you have something that needs to be disassembled often, and don't want to use rivnuts, these can be used.
  16. Like a few people have stated; they are only worth what you want to pay. I've bought and sold some plates a while back and have never asked for a massive amount. It's worth a try but I know plates always sell for a lower price than what they cost from Vicroads. Standard personalized prices are around the $495 mark. That is probably the maximum I'd pay (maybe a bit more if it was my most sought after combo) but that's it. Have a look on ebay for some crazy prices on some average plates; like $10k for NASDAQ? and "MOMMY" plates that started at $10K and now at $7000. To me not worth $70 but who knows..someone out there may pay it! Any custom plate I see, if it's at a good price, I'll pay. If not, just laugh and move on.
  17. Where I work we sell rivnut tools... but we can't get as low as the ebay ones. Ours are triple that price but come with all the metric mandrels and some sample alloy rivnuts. If anyone needs some metric hole sized rivnuts, I can help with those! We also have rubber nuts; imagine a rubber version of a rivnut that doesn't need a tool for installation! Just tighten the screw and you're done!
  18. Also this post is in Electrical Systsem and not in engine...
  19. Has the car sat around at all with no water in the system at all? That happened in my case and all the sediments dried up and hardened in the radiator and blocked 3/4 of it.. drive for a bit and it's ok then shoots right up to over heating. I'm with Benny, thoroughly check your radiator... Also check for a temp difference (with your hand before it gets too hot) between the top and bottom rad hose; if the one near the thermostat is cooler than the lower hose, water is not circulating ie could be either rad or tstat.
  20. Found a bag of real good ones if needed..
  21. Nice and clean...excellent work!
  22. Ask Rob at the Z Factory.. he used to do it all the time..
  23. Only thing I can contribute are some pics of Peter Tobin racing a zed in the early seventies. He kindly let me scan the pictures he had in his album of his zed (and he had quite a few!). This car was later sold to Gordon Dobie.
  24. I made a mistake of not replacing the water pump while the engine was out on a stand.. "yeah the water pump feels alright..I won't bother" I thought. Installed the engine, filled it with water and guess what, small little trickle of water from the front.. @!#$@#$#@% followed. And what's worse, I did change the timing belt so I was almost there..
  25. All sorted..thanks anyway. I will mention it again anyway in case it's needed.
×
×
  • Create New...