Jump to content

Zedman240®

Moderators
  • Posts

    5,250
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

Everything posted by Zedman240®

  1. Nice find! Seen one of these restored to GTR specs (in silver though) and it looked awesome! Made me wish I had one....
  2. Good way to approach it all; slow and steady with loads of research! keep the pics rolling in though..
  3. Sorry...forgot to put the spectacles on..
  4. Still saving up for some fresh rubber; sick of running second hand shyte. Plus the zed needs some work so I may be out for the next few events... Do my best to come down for a looksy anyway.
  5. The wire that goes to the solenoid is a positive potential, so don't earth it. One quick way to check that its not just sticky worn brushes, is while you are holding the key in the "crank" position, get someone to tap the starter with something heavy and blunt. Sometimes the brushes stick in their holders and as they wear, no longer touch the commutator of the motor. If that doesn't work, check for good earths and apply 12V directly from the battery to the small wire of the starter solenoid even when the car is off to make sure the motor is fine..
  6. If it's that little "L" shaped bit that sits on that edge I'm sure I have one..left or right hand side?
  7. Closest I've come to a 432Z is holding the 432 badge! haha
  8. Is it safe?
  9. Death by understeer?
  10. Yah Sam, Just remove the rails from the 240 seats and install the rails from the 260 seats and it should be fine. 260 rails have tabs with holes to fit bolts were the 240 have M8 studs to bolt the seats down.
  11. I'm suffering something very similar to that as well... engine cuts out during hard cornering and it has never done it before.. and I have a surge tank fitted. Thinking the lift pump can't supply enough after a long straight? I'm hoping its as simple as wiring.
  12. Sounds like a wire has broken off from where they are soldered on on the base of the switch. They get hot and come off.
  13. Always glad to help. If another date is planned in the future, if anyone else is interested in coming again, if we can all work out a time and date, I'm more than happy to open it all up again.
  14. One thing I have noticed is that some sarcastic responses don't always go to plan; as its very hard to do with just plain text. I've seen a few posts in the past turn into arguments over a stupid remark.
  15. Great read.... Running the zed around Bathurst has always been on my to-do list. Last chance I had was with an X-Trail but I don't think it would be the same.. Yes, red interiors are pretty rare as they are mostly painted black. They were standard with white exteriors.
  16. For everyone coming down, I'll be there till about 4:30-5:00pm. If you are coming but a bit late, give me a call and I'll make sure to hang around. Number again is O413 243 76O Look for the old 260 mag out the front!!
  17. Some good news... bringing the extra auto's back with you?
  18. Looks brilliant in the pics, can't imagine what it will look like assembled and polished! Exceptional work there...well done.
  19. I hate being poor hope they are still around when I'm cashed up...unless you need some zed parts?
  20. Happy B'day Locky... happy guillotine-ing tomorrow!
  21. I have a couple of tanks but from memory may have some smallish dents. I'll have to look again.. and I'm in Melbourne
  22. Must be; when you measure any bolt, its always from underneath the head to the end. I've used M8 by 20 with no probz. Even allen key bolts (cap screws) will work fine.
  23. From here to Sunshine for example took me 55 minutes... but next time you are in the area, give me a ring. And thanks Pauly for that SR20 hook up. Worked out well! I'll just post the address here.... Its Factory 1, 108 Mulcahy Rd in Pakenham. Just look for a white furniture sign on the nature strip. Shop is called "Cardinia Auto Repair Services" or C.A.R.S
  24. Hope you don't drive too fast so the Mrs can't keep the wing held on the back..
  25. If all can make it this Sunday, around 1 pm should be ok. Let me know if that suits.... and yes, its in Pakenham. PM me for the address if you can make it. Thanks
×
×
  • Create New...