-
Posts
2,294 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Articles
Media Demo
S30z Register
Store
Everything posted by NZeder
-
8) very David. So how does the clutch M/C look which one will work for you ?
-
My guess is the AZC item see http://www.arizonazcar.com/pan.html but I am sure Pete will confirm
-
Are those tappered bore EFI Hardware items
-
Technically it would be a RB30D (as Nissan used the E to show it is EFI). Here is another RB30DE running - this one does have EFI
-
r32 4 pot front and 2 pot rear conversion
NZeder replied to mtopxsecret6's topic in Brakes / Drivetrain Components
Stewart Wilkins make a bracket that will mount Z32/R32 rear brakes to the S30 retaining the internal park brake drum in hat setup. You need all the rear brakes from the donor car, cables, shoes, shoe holder thing, springs for the shoes etc = keep everything from the car you have related to the rear brakes. However the brackets are not cheap. I made my own internal drum setup using new parts from different cars - would I do it again? No I would just purchase these brackets from Stewart Wilkins - would have easier and cheaper than all the R&D for one off my setup. -
Cool thanks Peter
-
great I don't book a face, tweet a book, something about space of mine - so I can't sign-on and see it. + I don't like how poorly Facebook is written - the site does not place nice with Security - Read's don't want a Facebook account period....much like I don't think I will very get an Xbox.....
-
great post dat2kman. I still have my pair of MK63 aka Sumitomo 4 pots for the day I get another zed that I build as period correct All this info is good and like you say the more we can find out the better (be it from guys like Gordon and what they did back in the day or Nissan with the kind of info you have started to find out). It was well known that Japanese Police got Z432 and ZG but I did not know they were the Z432 with ZG overfenders and G-Nose installed so it would great to know more about these cars. Recently my mates 240z was not allowed to racing in a 70's grid. The reason - the 240z never had a back seat so could not be a classed as saloon or GT (it was a 70's grid for saloons and GT's). WTF??? not a GT?? so he had to race in the "Sports, Sports Racing & GT class" with the likes of a TVR, Corvette, Lotus Elans, Mallocks. If you check with the old British guys they will tell you a "sports car" is a 2 seater open top car. So they makes the 240z a GT and therefore I guess a Shelby GT350. But if a sports car is a "2 seater" then the 240z is such a car and the Shelby is not as they were always 2+2. I guess until we start holding our own meetings will this one eyed-ness stop.
-
great news. Looking forward to the vid so I can hear it/see it.
-
well dat2kman, that just smacks of anti Japaneses all over the place. I know here in NZ we had a big big fight back in the 80's when the Datsun Z Club started to get the 240z/260z recognised as a true classsic. That is now water under the bridge but we still have to deal with series organisers/co-ordinators who bring up the "Datsun 240z/260z are invited only to the group and if the grids get too large they can and will be dropped". These same people will let Mk1 Escort fitted with YB Cosworth engines fitted run as a period correct car WTF the YB is mid/late 80's engines. They claim the are very close to the Halbay head that was installed on the RS2000 (aka pinto bottom end) - just because they bolt these YB heads to a pinto bottom end. No standard pinto either but an all Alloy block WTF - how is that period correct. So then if they can pass a YB Cossie as a Halbay (and some of these engines are 2.5l WTF) then I should be able to pass my RB powered car off as a Z432 as they are just as much related as a YB Alloy engine in to a Halbay.....but I bet I could never get that past any series organiser or race body but they can because it is British. It would be nice to just have a period race car from Japan aka a S30 with all the fruit as raced in period with history to back that up. After all JAF are connected to the FIA and these cars ran under JAF rules in the day which were FIA approved. So these cars should and can get FIA HTP papers. Motorsport NZ and others are pushing for rules like your Group SC aka standard production cars or "the car" (not a replica, but the car that raced in period with all its period mods only = "the car" would be like actual Colonel Capri RS3100 that was around back in the day). If this happens I think I will be saving for a period correct S30 from Japan with racing history from early 70's with proof to back that up.
-
great work
-
you guys crack me up....pure gold. Forum Admins - maybe a mod like these ones will help keep these guys away http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=279621.0 http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=413168.msg2880645#msg2880645 http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=283309.0 http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=375980.msg2582045#msg2582045 and I am sure there is more...if you keep looking
-
so that is in stock length tubes right - non sectioned struts
-
240Z featured in Feb 2011 Octane Mag Again!
NZeder replied to acf321's topic in Off Topic Discussions
My plan was to keep my last 240z very stockish (well apart from engine/carb mods) and the 260z with the RB NA setup is the hot rod type zed. I sold the 240z to fund the garage to put the 260z in.....but I keep an eye out for another 240z all the time.....just need $$ again lol. -
Anyone know where I can get some cheap drugs from overseas?
NZeder replied to luvemfast's topic in General Discussions
spam bot doing all this work - a simple script - troll the interweb for a site that you know is running xyz forum software that you know you can hack. Find said site and kick of the post script that creates the account, then pulls a list of the forum topics. Then use this to randomly post your drugs you are pushing. Basically guys this is how they get paid. Every post the make might count for $0.001 then they put in a url in the post if someone clicks on it - the drug company knows who post it was from and they get paid for the redirect. Some spammer make more money than you and I ever will for all this crap. There are a few ways to combat this (does not completely eliminate it as the attackers/spammer are usually a few steps ahead, do to all the money they are making......). Upgrade/update the software. Use anti-spam/bot add-on to the forum software that stop people posting x post in y minutes (ie faster than we can type = good chance it is a bot), stop new members from posting new topics until they have posted in y thread ie a welcome/intro thread. To stop this stuff makes it harder for new people to post, but that is sometime the trade of - easy of use vs better security. Welcome to new internet age. -
Nice. So here is short video of my mates 240z in the wet with almost zero visibility just getting past by a SLR5000 on the last lap near the finish line, and the result of him trying to take it back. (2" of standing water on the track and an LSD that is almost locked = not good for the wet at all). In car footage from 1st weekend Chris Amon - NZ Festival of Motoring (Classic race meeting)
-
Is it a 69 or 70?, hubcaps, seats and side mirrors?
NZeder replied to foz's topic in General Discussions
My last 240z had engine number 67934 was chassis ID around 1830-1840 and was sold/registered in NZ as a new car in/on 20th Jan 1972. So that would make the car an oct/nov 71 build at a guess (without looking up the engine number to match with US numbers) I believe my other old HS30-00016 which is now in NSW in OZ owned by Peter Campbell (who I sold the car to here in NZ before he moved back to Oz) which originally had L24 006777 installed was imported in to NZ in 89 from Japan and then 9 years later was imported into Oz by Peter. This car had 1969 seat belts. When I checked with Nissan in Japan about the history of the car when I purchased in the mid 90's they told me production information was limited/lost and the best they could tell as the car was finished in early 1970 -
How to fall in love with your Z again...
NZeder replied to sexual_sushi's topic in General Discussions
Gav my fix for is - during the time my zed has been off the road I just purchase another zed should have kept them all really but I sell them as I need the $$ for long term project. Getting cold feet again - it has been 2-3 years again.......the issue get my car going, it is so close, or purchase another. I want to do both....can't afford either currently -
Is it a 69 or 70?, hubcaps, seats and side mirrors?
NZeder replied to foz's topic in General Discussions
These threads might help http://www.viczcar.com/forum/index.php/topic,6937.msg63655.html#msg63655 http://www.viczcar.com/forum/index.php/topic,2180.msg16279.html#msg16279 There was another thread that I can't find right now that went into more detail but your car is more likely to be a 1970 than a 1969. The whole 69 thing comes from the US 240z which as stated in the two links above were build in much greater numbers in 69 - while the RHD export cars might have been build in the period they were not completed until the engine harmonics were corrected with the new crank design. -
1970 Z432 FOR SALE - FULL RESTORATION (ANY WITH A $110K ????)
NZeder replied to specialp3's topic in General Discussions
The Big Sam of today is not the original Big Sam of old. The original Big Sam was based on an ex works shell but that was damaged and today Big Sam is just a S30 shell. The difference you are seeing might well just be standard shell variations. Z432-R were no different to Z432/Fairlady Z or 240z shells only the works shells were different and that is what makes the work shells so special Z432-R were different in - less/no sound deadening (weight saving), cut down loom, plastic windows, Fibre Glass bonnet, dual brake MC setup and different pedal ratio, 100L fuel tank and different boot floor = no spare wheel well this mounted to the floor directly. I am sure HS30-H aka Alan T. from the UK can go into more details as he knows more about these cars than I (I know next to nothing) -
1970 Z432 FOR SALE - FULL RESTORATION (ANY WITH A $110K ????)
NZeder replied to specialp3's topic in General Discussions
Yes there were Z432-R. They were a race inspired/prep. Differences included, striped out loom, GRP bonnet, Plastic side windows, striped out interior - no centre console just a vinyl floor covering that also housed the ignition key (so I assume no steering lock PS30-SB either). Alan T from the uk would know more about these JDM specials but I think there are at least 12 genuine Z432-R that can still be accounted for, there are few replica's around (not sure if they are made from Z432 or just plan Fairlady Z converted to Z432-R spec like one project that I have seen ) -
1970 Z432 FOR SALE - FULL RESTORATION (ANY WITH A $110K ????)
NZeder replied to specialp3's topic in General Discussions
If you are talking about the Maroon colour - let me quote Alan (I am sure he won't mind) and that Maroon (116) was only a 240ZG colour - no other zed was painted that colour. I have seen Alan.T Maroon 240ZG in the flesh and the colour in pics on the net does not do it justice. It is a brown colour that just does not show up on the camera that well - looks much better in person. Much like Safari Gold (920) which I also like in flesh -
1970 Z432 FOR SALE - FULL RESTORATION (ANY WITH A $110K ????)
NZeder replied to specialp3's topic in General Discussions
Red, Green, Gold (the colour shown aka 920 sometime called Mustard or Safari Gold), Orange, Silver, Yellow, White and then there was the Z432-R colour which was only officially on the Z432-R's -
And Adam, you know me and the internet - found a supplier for you in Australia and also looks like the same clip was used on many Datsun's over the years as this one has the same partnumber looks like the correct part but is for a 67 Datsun 1000 (410/411 bluebird) see http://www.abouttimespares.com.au/showpart.asp?id=15952
-
Looking at the part catalogue all 240z have the same clip and only 2 of them 67931-08700 and as luck would have it the 260z/280z 2 seater also uses the same clip and the 2+2 well same again.
