Linton's 260

ok, I went with the 225/60/15 and I am glad to say the car is riding better, the Speedo is 100% accurate with the GPS, to 100kph the engine RPM's have dropped about 450 so it is is now dead on 3000rpm @ 100kph being auto I can tell it has lost a bit of grunt but that's ok it doesn't bother me

thanks for the comments now if I can just locate a head I need N42 or P90

• 2 weeks later...

Well quoted cost dictated that I could not afford to have my seats re-done by the local motor trimmer or should I say that I don't think his work was entirely worthy of the estimate. So being the cheap skate that I have now become I have had a full set made in Pakistan, I sent my rear covers over they unstiched them made patterns, and made new ones all for under 400.00, just hope I have done the right thing,, Guess I will soon Know.

post-2704-144023688264_thumb.jpg

post-2704-144023688269_thumb.jpg

post-2704-144023688276_thumb.jpg

thanks Scoota the rest of the trim is ok, on the look out for brown door trims the p.o put speakers in the doors, and the chrome trim for both tail lights ( I had a great set but when I set fire to the car welding up the spare wheel well guess where the trim was  ::)

Edit: they are now listed on ebay at $400.00 for the set

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Datsun-260Z-280Z-Nissan-260Z-280Z-Synthetic-Leather-Seat-Covers-2-2-Front-Rear-/400322823228?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5d3519843c

thanks Guys,

Agno, a  fellow member Mickl and I, teamed up and got them from msa in the states wasnt cheap for one set but for the two was ok'ish the front are a fairly good fit the rears are a bit dodgy I tidied it up with black sikaflex

Hi Linton

What a great journey

You should be quite proud of your achievement as again another zed has been given a second chance in this world of rust and crushers

The splash guards do complete an excellent job and I can understand your sense of accomplishment with the restoration journey

enjoy the drive untill you go back to the  "dark side" and take on another project.

was the rear splash guards from msa designed for the 2+2

Cheers

Phil

I will be using my old foam so hopefully it wont be to bad to fit, been told to wrap the foam in glad rap and the cover will go on very easy.

Here is his web site if anybody wants to make contact.

http://www.interior-innovations.com

Car looks great Linton. You can also use a can of silicone spray to help get the covers on. Plastic wrap works but can move around and cause lumps under the covers. Also moisture can get trapped inside.