Linton's 260

Hi Brabham

The nudge bar was with the car and apart from a couple of small dings it was in pretty good shape, no I never had to modify it but I had to drill two large holes in the spoiler so there is no going back, my donor car was fitted with a very rusty one which I chopped up and used to work out where to put the holes. Glad you like it I am rapped !! 8)

post-2704-144023688394_thumb.jpg

This is whats sad and also great about being off line for so long,

You get back and find that one of the sleeper builds has suddenly come to life and is on the road.

Linton the car looks fantastic, well done !

Cheers

John

Ah yes Gareth I polish it just about every day,, I learn't alot in this build I have made a few of mistakes with both panel and paint not knowing how to do it, In the future I will have to do a full respray. But for now "I am just going to enjoy it and I bloody love driving this car!!! it is a real joy" the bride took it out today and she had a smile on her face as well.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Well very happy to share that my seat covers have arrived from Pakistan, as I opened the box I wondered what I had let myself in for,  :-[ I had sent my seat covers overseas didn't have any seats in the car.

I have to say on inspection they weren't brown but a burnt Orange, but my car is sort of Orange they might look alright. :D

post-2704-144023689248_thumb.jpg

So with some spare time on my hands today I managed to get the rears fitted, they were a perfect fit and very well made if you are interested  here is the web site http://interior-innovations.com/demo_site/index.php/welcome/products

and yes they are from the ebayer with the knock off seat covers, and they only cost 200 bucks well worth the money if you want colours other than brown  ;D

post-2704-144023689255_thumb.jpg

post-2704-144023689263_thumb.jpg

post-2704-14402368927_thumb.jpg

post-2704-144023689627_thumb.jpg

Those look really good, interested to see if the increased size creates any problems when fitting the back seats to the car.

im guessing Joiji thinks these go over your old covers?? Joiji the old covers get removed and new ones put on.

Good luck mate,

you will need it. I've done a 300zx reskin of the seats (bit more complex) but still like you said lot of swearing and sweating. may have been easier if i used plastic wrap may try that next time.

if it feels bit flat go to clarks rubber get some thiner dense foam (or any other dense foam u have around) and stick it with contact adheseve on top of the original cushions to fill out the covers. alternatively fit the covers and try fill in the sagy sections.

again good luck and post pics as soon as its done.

Don't rush take your time

im guessing Joiji thinks these go over your old covers?? Joiji the old covers get removed and new ones put on.

That. Just looked that way from the photos, nevermind :P

They look great fitted, well done!

Well I got both the front done today, couldn't get one of the side metal hinge things off, had to grind the heads off the bolts then lay into it with hammer and chisel. eventually I got it off smacked my thumb with the hammer feels like it might be busted  :( its not working real good. I don't like the big gap between the back rest and the seat Please tell me this is normal, one quick photo to show you.

post-2704-144023689759_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi all been a while since I posted,  well as with everything nice I get, I now have 2 dents in the LHR quarter thanks to a poorly secured blower vac in my shed, so now both front guards the bonnet the roof and the quarter panel need fixing not going to do anything now but I will need to repair and repaint the whole car at some stage. I couldn't sell it like it is I just wouldn't feel right, I removed the nudge bar today I think it looks a lot better. what do you think??

Linton

post-2704-144023715434_thumb.jpg

post-2704-144023715441_thumb.jpg