Linton's 260

yes it is to stay as auto had enough of clutchin getting too bloody old LOL, and the co-pilot will also be able to have a drive with out worrying  about the gears god love her, she just never stops changing bloody gears hopefully she'll be too bored to drive this one ;D

thanks scoota I have a spare tranny just dont know if they are the same at the moment, but I might do this mod a little later. had the exhaust done today that will pull me up for a bit  ;D not much really but she goes really well, I am truly amazed how the old girl handles bit of a wheel shimmy to sort out, and maybe some fumes coming in other that the heater is hot thank god it is freezing down here,, ballarat will be bloody cold

• 1 month later...

Well today saw the unveiling of my Z to the public  ;D we had a great day I had lots of interest in the car and many many compliments for my loverly Z,  found out a guy in Hamilton has a shed full of 240's and 60's also a guy in Colac so I will be keen to follow these people up..  photo from my phone sorry I didn't have a better one.

Linton

post-2704-144023681102_thumb.jpg

yeah it's called around the garage, other clubs from surrounding cities came to Portland  as guests of the local motor museum, they ask the local clubs to provide a shed full of cars any type (we had about 20 different cars), and the visitors spend the day visiting each "garage" (shed)..  we all get together for combined lunch and that give us a change to look at their cars,  awesome day.. many highlights no prizes involved

• 1 month later...

Hi all went for my first big run on a tired old engine, a quick 400km I carried out a fuel test for the first time, we had a blast of a day, The old 260  ran beautifully figures were 8.5KPL or 24.2 MPG or even 11.7 LP/100km at 100kph by the gps, managed not to hit any Roo's or EMU's there and back all in all we had a great day.

I have got some timing chains and stuff coming from the states, Repco quoted a massive $450!!! for new gears and a timing chain kit I got them on flea bay for $101 to the door, they were under $50.  I am trying to locate a n42 head anyone got one they don't need let me know Please.

Cheers Linton

cant help the stone chips shes definitely not a show car, I brought her back from the brink to drive her  :) and hard,, but  I do think I am getting old its a bit loud!!!

and yeah i don,t like the local RePC% they charged me $110.00 for 2 uni joints I had to have them at the time, I found them later 10 bucks each on flea bay so I am not going back there anymore. looking at new tyres for the rear as they are almost un-roadworthy thinking of 225-60-15 how do you think they will go? the poor old auto probably will have trouble turning them  :)

Liinto