Types Of S30 Front Air Dams And Where To Get Them In Aus

A very commonly asked question on this forum is where to get various front air dams in Australia, how much they cost (prices have changed over the years, so these may no longer be accurate), etc etc. I thought I would write up a nice comprehensive post to sticky on the topic. Thanks to everyone who has posted pics for me to apprehend :)

I'm going to list the various types with a picture to allow people to see the variety that is available, and also mention where they can be purchased.

American site Motor Sport Auto (MSA) have a lot more types than what is listed below, but shipping may be prohibitive: http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/CTGY/7AD1

AllZparts Polyurethane Air Dam with brake vents

This is the type of air dam I have installed on my 260z. It is polyurethane and therefore it is flexible and requires installation of a brace in the centre which was easy for my mechanic to whip up for me in a day. The air dam costs $395 and can be obtained from Allzparts in Hornsby. NSW via Warren or Miriam 0410549070

As it comes in box:
post-1-0-45997300-1506128839_thumb.jpg

Picture of the brace installed courtesy crowe:
post-1-0-45765800-1506128853_thumb.jpg

Final Product:
post-1-0-11153000-1506128867_thumb.jpg

Large Fibreglass Front Air Dam

I nearly bought this one from AZC, it costs $440. I am led to believe that it is a reasonably good fit, however if someone could reflect on the installation that would be very helpful. Contact details are: +61 08 8384 8748 or www.adelaidezcars.com.au or nick@adelaidezcars.com.au

This can also be purchased from The Spoiler Network in Qld for $300 via spoilers@spoilernet.com.au or their website.

It can also be purchased from Fibre Sports in Sydney for $260 via http://www.awcinfo.com/secureshop/category.php?cat_id=64

As it comes in the box:
post-1-0-76265700-1506128889_thumb.jpg

Installed:
post-1-0-32399500-1506128912_thumb.jpg

"Kameari style front lip" AKA "Shane in Sale's" Spoiler

This one is for sale from a gentleman called Shane who lives in Sale. His number is 03 51445845 (please correct me if this is out of date).

I'm not sure how much this spoiler costs, PM member Spasmaster or simply call Shane to find out.

Forum member d3c0y is able to have these imported, so an option is to PM him.
post-1-0-72952100-1506128924_thumb.jpg

Alfa Motorsport Fibreglass Products Front Air Dam Styles

Lurch recommended these guys to me as he has one of their large air dams installed. http://www.motorsportfibreglass.com.au/ alfafg@aussiebroadband.com.au / P: (03) 5678 8874

AMF Large

This one costs $242.00

As it comes:
post-1-0-06916700-1506128956_thumb.jpg

Installed (couldn't find a better example):
post-1-0-08177300-1506128974_thumb.jpg

AMF Medium

This one costs $159.50 inc

As it comes:
post-1-0-12230300-1506128999_thumb.jpg

I think this is one installed on RBZ260s car:
post-1-0-28421700-1506129026_thumb.jpg

Split Post here due to image limit (continued later on).

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Secret spoiler club, we would tell you but it's 1000:1 that someone else would want one... haha

yeh i work in a crash shop and i am always fixing brand new body kits of their imperfections. This is normal unless you pay for a top dollar body kit. I did a prelude body kit a few weeks back, o

There's this spoiler which i got from Shane in Sale, very happy with the quality.  

Posted Images

I got mine from Black dragon auto in the US, it worked out around the same price as the AllZparts one and looked the same, except that it didn't have the cut out and surround for the indicator lights, so i had to cut it myself, and didn't look as good for that reason.

Here is a pic:

post-94-144023517878_thumb.jpg

I got this one from Ebay a month ago but it arrived cracked and the seller is a rude piece of work, finish is poor and had to load the pressure on one side to make it fit. cost $259 + freight from QLD to MELB. Let me know if I'm being fussy bit I'm not at all happy with it.

post-1064-144023518004_thumb.jpg

post-1064-144023518006_thumb.jpg

post-1064-144023518017_thumb.jpg

post-1064-14402351803_thumb.jpg

yeh i work in a crash shop and i am always fixing brand new body kits of their imperfections.

This is normal unless you pay for a top dollar body kit.

I did a prelude body kit a few weeks back, one side skirt was 1" shorter than the other so i had to lengthen one. Then there was the usual chips and cracks from shipping. I was so glad to see the end of that prelude ::)

I got this one from Ebay a month ago but it arrived cracked and the seller is a rude piece of work, finish is poor and had to load the pressure on one side to make it fit. cost $259 + freight from QLD to MELB. Let me know if I'm being fussy bit I'm not at all happy with it.

Drop the suppliers name so we dont suffer your pain....

The trouble with stress fitting FG parts is that it will now become an issue at some point for you in the future to repair when it splits...

That air dam looks to be identical to the Adelaide Z car front air dam, which they retail for $440. That sucks that you got it in such poor condition. If you can fix it for less than $181 then you're still ahead.

I don't think you are being fussy, did the guy indicate that there was any damage to the air dam?

well thats nice to know, i was just about to buy one of said ebay member.

cant say i have had much luck with AZC either, sent an email twice with a list of demands, err, parts.

No reply, so called directly, and spoke with nick, forwarded the email directly to nick, and again, no response.

the allzparts one is looking good so far.

HMMMMM

Looks like the units sold by Ebay 0011HSV in QLD........

xa1973 is correct, It was from 0011HSV on ebay. I wanted to be sure I wasn’t being too fussy before naming the supplier. It is the same design as the AZC but I think a poor copy.

Had I of known I would have paid the extra $$$ to get a well finished one. It was claimed to be new and in perfect condition. Seller blamed it on the freight company which may or may not have damaged it as it was fairly well packed but not boxed.

I have dealt with Warren at ALLZPARTS and although the parts can take longer to get to you, they have always been right.

Was it the drivers side that doesn't fit properly?  Mines the same, from a local Perth supplier.  If I had to guess, I'd say lots of shops copied them for their molds, so they all aren't the best fit.

Yes it's the drivers side that doesn't fit properly, It flares out at the bottom and has to be pulled in by drilling the top mounting holes a little low and cranking it in. It will have to be painted on the car as the paint will crack if it was painted in its free state then fitted. Please let me know if anyone has found a better way.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators

I've been thinking for the last few weeks to ditch my spoiler and grab one of those BRE style above.. Something a bit more "period". Probably fits better as well! How much were you selling them for? still $140?

• 2 weeks later...