Cars For Sale (3rd Party Sites) Ebay, Carsales etc..

gav240z

I'm calling this as a scam ... it's 260Z, old lady, one owner, too good to be true.  Avoiding direct mobile calls but picking up all calls from the Carsales hidden number, trying to get more on the hook.  Nothing coming forth with proof of ownership or history, no more photos ... delaying tactics etc

43bumtsezscfpbofwdjc4opdz.jpg?pxc_method

1974 Datsun 240Z Manual-SSE-AD-7054656 - carsales.com.au

• Administrators
4 hours ago, ptZcar said:

I'm calling this as a scam ... it's 260Z, old lady, one owner, too good to be true.  Avoiding direct mobile calls but picking up all calls from the Carsales hidden number, trying to get more on the hook.  Nothing coming forth with proof of ownership or history, no more photos ... delaying tactics etc

1974 Datsun 240Z Manual-SSE-AD-7054656 - carsales.com.au

It's now de-listed. So you may be correct.

34 minutes ago, ZiggyZelda said:

Wasn't a scam, saw it IRL. Someone bought it out from under me as I was there. Sight unseen. I don't think they had taken into consideration the rust on it. Needed a good 10-15k on it. (According to my professional Datsun expert) 

Thanks.  $40K plus $10K in rust repair is still a good buy if everything else checked out, do you think?  Matching numbers, full history, one owner, older lady owner, etc  Did all of that check out?  I could not get anything out of them after the first two discussions so I called it a scam.

Edited by ptZcar

• Administrators
On 1/24/2021 at 11:22 PM, gav240z said:

You may grimace at the prices today. But I recall reading about a car dealer in Oz that owned a 2000gt and said he had sleepless nights when he sold it some years back. For around, wait for it... $300,000.. now of course they are $1m+

Then today I saw this..

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1975-toyota-celica-2000-gt-manual/SSE-AD-5441827

I've always felt the early Celica's were under appreciated. Especially TA22s but having seen this 1 today, perhaps it will fetch this money?

Which kind of justifies S30z prices.

The Celica (RA28) appears to have sold.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/toyota-celica-1975/sse-ad-5441827/

Asking price was $79k if I recall correctly. Not sure what it actually sold for though!

• 4 weeks later...

Not a $150K 240Z, but a $35K 280ZX, 2 seater, factory turbo, LHD.

1983 Nissan 280ZX Manual-SSE-AD-7065405 - carsales.com.au

I actually enquired about this and got a few more pics if the interior and bodywork. 

Seller was very forthcoming with info.

The body has a couple of dents, not seriously bad ones, but dents all the same.

Interior is unmolested but tired.

Seats may need to be retrimmed or professionally cleaned. They look dirty and a little worn in the pics I received.

Carpet also needs replacing.

There's a carpet dash mat, that could be obscuring a cracked dash.

I do like the wheels though lol

I just think for that kind of coin and the added expense of tidying it up, it just doesn't make good economic sense.

Just my humble opinion.

Edited by road rider

• Administrators
1 hour ago, road rider said:

Not a $150K 240Z, but a $35K 280ZX, 2 seater, factory turbo, LHD.

I actually enquired about this and got a few more pics if the interior and bodywork. 

Seller was very forthcoming with info.

The body has a couple of dents, not seriously bad ones, but dents all the same.

Do you mean this car?

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1983-nissan-280zx-manual/SSE-AD-7065405

That green 240z on carsales seems a bit expensive compared to the other 240’s which appear to have had similar quality restorations done. I know it’s a series 1, but it seems very dear.
I noticed in the comments the owner stated it was “concourse”. Honest question, What standard classifies as a concourse nowadays?

Edited by Smithy
Worded better

Considering that orange one went for what, $120k at auction? This one at 150 does seem rich... especially when it's rolling on Rotas. No offence to anybody who has them, it's a personal budget choice – but surely you'd get something a little more well regarded if you're looking to sell at a collector's price. 

Edited by mikedoeslife