Cars For Sale (3rd Party Sites) Ebay, Carsales etc..

gav240z

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, ptZcar said:

Are those cracks at stress points a worry?

It's just the old lead cracking underneath.
Nothing to worry about, but it really should have been fixed when it was painted...

2 hours ago, AndBir said:

No EGR system and heater/defrost pipes not connected.

Heater core will be leaking.

Like a lot of Zed's its got nice paint & interior, but underneath it's less-so IMHO.
All depends on the expectations of the new owner though...

Edited by C.A.R.

3 minutes ago, C.A.R. said:

It's just the old lead cracking underneath.
Nothing to worry about, but it really should have been fixed when it was painted...

Isn't the lead only used at top of C pillar? There are cracks similar at many different spots - unsure how concerning they are.

The little shortcuts taken all over the car don't really inspire confidence as to any unseen workmanship that you might like to rely on - but equally none of the obvious annoyances are game changing. It's all about what the buyer can tolerate at the price. It's currently an excellent buy in my opinion, but that might change...

10 minutes ago, cracker said:

Isn't the lead only used at top of C pillar? There are cracks similar at many different spots - unsure how concerning they are.

The little shortcuts taken all over the car don't really inspire confidence as to any unseen workmanship that you might like to rely on - but equally none of the obvious annoyances are game changing. It's all about what the buyer can tolerate at the price. It's currently an excellent buy in my opinion, but that might change...

It has a very high reserve, which i do not think it will get remotely close to....

3 minutes ago, cracker said:

Lead used at the base of the A pillars, top of the A pillars and top of the C pillars where the roof joins the quarter panel.

And as Ned has said above, it has a high reserve.
That makes the condition of the engine bay & underneath detract from it's value - but that is the potential buyers decision.

9 minutes ago, C.A.R. said:

Lead used at the base of the A pillars, top of the A pillars and top of the C pillars where the roof joins the quarter panel.

And as Ned has said above, it has a high reserve.
That makes the condition of the engine bay & underneath detract from it's value - but that is the potential buyers decision.

I guess the seller is know to you both, or similar? To have insight on the reserve I mean.

Interesting re lead use locations - I did not know that - thanks.

• Administrators
31 minutes ago, cracker said:

I guess the seller is know to you both, or similar? To have insight on the reserve I mean.

@Topstage Freddy from Top Stage is the owner.

Just now, cracker said:

I don't know him personally, I just saw him mention on social media a little while ago he was going to sell it or auction it, so I enquired for the fun of it. Way above what I would/could pay for a Z right now.

Also, the more I look through the photos, there are more things that I do not like about the car or issues that bug me. which I would happily overlook at it's current price point, or even upto $50k.

I must say though, I have not seen the car in person, but I have heard it drive by at Highball Cars & Coffee, very loud >:D

20 hours ago, OdinZ said:

the more I look through the photos, there are more things that I do not like about the car or issues that bug me

Yeah, what is with the front windscreen / rear window ?mastic? fitment, not the usual rubber seal- never seen that before.

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/payneham/cars-vans-utes/1970-datsun-240z-sports-manual-coupe/1296999103?utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=ios_VIP&utm_medium=social&utm_source=com.apple.uikit.activity.copytopasteboard

Ad description:

1970 Datsun 240Z
VIN: HS30 00189 
Paint: 905 
Miles: 24,000

Listed for $80,400. Looks very clean. 

DC9E3C1B-216D-4917-B5CD-81ADE3A38A78.jpeg

D61CE12C-A683-4A84-AD87-F5DE984DEC9F.jpeg

0DB9C46C-C8FB-4F45-870D-FA90DC0FD784.jpeg

E36B591F-8D39-4BD5-89F0-6BD9FBC509C7.jpeg

Edited by Balinski
Added location.

4 minutes ago, Balinski said:

No mention of engine type and/or matching numbers 

15 minutes ago, Balinski said:

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/payneham/cars-vans-utes/1970-datsun-240z-sports-manual-coupe/1296999103?utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=ios_VIP&utm_medium=social&utm_source=com.apple.uikit.activity.copytopasteboard

Ad description:

1970 Datsun 240Z
VIN: HS30 00189 
Paint: 905 
Miles: 24,000

Listed for $80,400. Looks very clean. 

DC9E3C1B-216D-4917-B5CD-81ADE3A38A78.jpeg

D61CE12C-A683-4A84-AD87-F5DE984DEC9F.jpeg

0DB9C46C-C8FB-4F45-870D-FA90DC0FD784.jpeg

E36B591F-8D39-4BD5-89F0-6BD9FBC509C7.jpeg

I reckon this 240z went to auction a while ago in Adelaide and passed in, then got advertised for around $100k until recently. Looks good in pics, original hubcaps too.

• Administrators
38 minutes ago, AndBir said:

I saw the car in 2004, I took the photos of it when it was 918 orange and it was missing the original L24 back then. In fact I was offered to trade my 72 240z for it, as I wanted an early car, but non matching no.s engine was a factor in why I said no. Also it was in need of rust repairs and paint and I was happy to have a running driving 240z.

It was fairly solid back then though, as far as 240z's go. It was also pretty original. Aside from the missing engine.

I believe it went up to around $80k at auction but reserve was set higher at the time. Think it was via Lloyds.

IMHO for an early 240z it represents good value, but I'm not sure as to the quality of its current restoration.

Hi,

Looking at purchasing a 240z as a project car that would suit a full strip and rebuild within the next 12 months or so. What rough price should I be expecting to pay for a rolling shell. Not too concerned about matching numbers etc.

Thanks 

1 hour ago, Kingy said:

Hi,

Looking at purchasing a 240z as a project car that would suit a full strip and rebuild within the next 12 months or so. What rough price should I be expecting to pay for a rolling shell. Not too concerned about matching numbers etc.

Thanks 

How long is a piece of string?

• Administrators
10 hours ago, Balinski said:

How do I get permission to view this? :D

To view the registry gallery you'll need to be a donating member.

But if you're keen on #189 or if anyone else is you can see some photos of it from early 2000s I have here in my Google Photos album.

https://goo.gl/photos/VNdUDx2BKaYSh3GJ8

The resolution is so low, because I actually had to lift them off an old iPod. This was a time when I still stored things on CD-ROMs and I was lucky I hadn't actually deleted these photos, but I figured the new owner some day may want to see them so I held onto them...