Home Built Z 'full Video Build'

Jeff if the strip Led don't work I have access to 36 watt LED Batten fix light that will blow you away with 3280LM and 120deg beam.

these are a replacement for a twin 36 watt tubes Fluro.

Regards

Bruce   

I have just finished putting up the LED strips. They are OK, probably similar to the Fluoro's I had before, but it is hard to quantify. They should be about double the lumens of the previous fluoro's. They should do the job, but when it comes to booths, the more light the better.

Geoff it you went with the warm or 3000k strip light you would have less light and a yellow ting to the lighting. Day light or 6000 k will give you blue tint to everything. So cool or 40000 k is the right choise for the job. That the colour I would have recommened to you. Bruce.

I love watching your video. My car is at the same stage right now at the panel beaters.

I look forward to next installation of fun fact with Mrs jeff and you.

Geoff it you went with the warm or 3000k strip light you would have less light and a yellow ting to the lighting. Day light or 6000 k will give you blue tint to everything. So cool or 40000 k is the right choise for the job. That the colour I would have recommened to you. Bruce.

I love watching your video. My car is at the same stage right now at the panel beaters.

I look forward to next installation of fun fact with Mrs jeff and you.

This is kind of what I was thinking. I am still thinking I may order a few more strips in warm as more is better and it may balance it out a bit more.

• Administrators

Hey Jeff,

So you gonna use your nikki (filler) over the top of the epoxy primer? Are you storing away those offcuts from your front fenders? I'd be interested in them if you don't have an immediate use for them to help with the repair of 1 of my fenders. But I think you were keeping them for posterity.

By the way, I know you like to do everything at home, but wouldn't you just bribe someone with a couple of slabs of beer to use their spray booth on a weekend?

I'm actually interested in your safety gear, respirators etc... paint is nasty stuff to get in your lungs.

I am planning on keeping the original wheel arches to stay with the car, so it can be returned to original if a future owner chooses.

The benefit of having my own booth, is that I can work at my own pace, and paint every step. I would be back and forth to a booth a heap of times for epoxy, then high fill, then colour and clear, then possibly flow coat and then any other separate parts like the cage, bumpers flares, etc. So it would not be worth while. This booth was cheap and it works great.

I am starting to film a new series on how to paint a car, so I will hopefully cover all that stuff. The mask is from Sundstrom and it has 3 levels of filters in it. It is what professional spray painters use.

I am planning on keeping the original wheel arches to stay with the car, so it can be returned to original if a future owner chooses.

The benefit of having my own booth, is that I can work at my own pace, and paint every step. I would be back and forth to a booth a heap of times for epoxy, then high fill, then colour and clear, then possibly flow coat and then any other separate parts like the cage, bumpers flares, etc. So it would not be worth while. This booth was cheap and it works great.

I am starting to film a new series on how to paint a car, so I will hopefully cover all that stuff. The mask is from Sundstrom and it has 3 levels of filters in it. It is what professional spray painters use.

Trust me keep them, it will save you $800 just in postage and repir panels from the US and A

I should do that. I really need to see how mine is, as I still think it curves down too much.

I've got a very good original 240Z bonnet here which has never had any damage whatsoever. There is no curve downwards, the underside of the bonnet leading edge (which is the top skin folded over under) is completely flat and parallel to the ground. If a bonnet appears to curve downwards towards the pointy end it's either a). hopefully an optical illusion or b). it's taken a hit.

I've got a very good original 240Z bonnet here which has never had any damage whatsoever. There is no curve downwards, the underside of the bonnet leading edge (which is the top skin folded over under) is completely flat and parallel to the ground. If a bonnet appears to curve downwards towards the pointy end it's either a). hopefully an optical illusion or b). it's taken a hit.

Yeah. I keep working on mine and it is getting better, but it is still far from what I will be happy with. I have a feeling that I will still have to buy a repro one  >:(

That looks much better than the junk I got, although it is interesting that the ends are still open.

That design of rear spoiler - when supplied as a factory fitment - had a rubber seal on the bottom edge in the area which hung over each end of the tailgate. This sealed the spoiler to the rear quarters when the tailgate was in the closed position.