Jump to content
gav240z

Early Girl Bingo - With Photos

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, gav240z said:

Although looks like evidence it might be a cut n' shut. (floor pan is 901 Silver looking) but rest of car is 905 Monte Carlo red.

Agree, there isn't enough rust in the front half to match the rear.....  Chassis number on the firewall doesn't appear to be right either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, gav240z said:

Chassis no #1000. That's gotta be a Bingo?

Although looks like evidence it might be a cut n' shut. (floor pan is 901 Silver looking) but rest of car is 905 Monte Carlo red.

Definitively no bingo there. You could be right on the cut and shut. Might be why that rear vinyl has been sat back in place for the photo.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, RLY240 said:

Agree, there isn't enough rust in the front half to match the rear.....  Chassis number on the firewall doesn't appear to be right either.

Yeah I couldn't quite make it out, but it didn't look like 1000 on the firewall.. compliance plate may well have been from 1000, and 1001 is also 905 red in colour, so I'd say part of the car is likely from 1000 but the rest, who knows? These cars and their interesting history.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/10/2019 at 7:49 PM, gav240z said:

Hi Gav the white one is  mine, :) i got her 2 1/2 years ago, it is HS30-11509 engine is L24 101956, early 72 car,  it is in extremely good condition an out of all my cars is the most original and in original condition. it has not been on a wet road or had rain fall on it for over 20 years,  got the number plates a week after i bought her 8) that why i was chancing a set of 72 stamped Topys a year ago, i ended up getting a set as i have the original hub caps (they need refurbishing)  The Nissan media was a blast every journo wanted to drive her .

The red one is owned by a member on the forum i can ask if he wants it known 

Cheers

 

Edited by 24 Dat
additional

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/9/2020 at 10:03 AM, nat0_240_chevZ said:

Noooo! I still have this autospeed issue! 

One of my old-time favourites! 

Huge loss, including home! 

Hope everyone got out safely. 

Yeah I was gutted for Jack, I knew him and the car 20 years ago. Back when we used to go on car cruises with MCCR (Melbourne Car Cruise Registry). A couple of photos attached. The white 2+2 was my old girl. The orange 260z was for sale on here a year or 2 ago with an RB20DET in it. So the only car that still exists I'm afraid.

Jack took me for a spin in the yellow Z 1 night and it was pretty quick, a few times he was gonna sell the L28 turbo and I was contemplating how to find the money for the set up.. never happened obviously. I believe it was at his father in laws house and nobody was injured/hurt.

The Turbo L28 in Jack's car originally came out of Sinisha Banjac's 240z.
https://www.facebook.com/NDN2019/posts/winner-modern-4000cc-4999cc-sinisha-banjac-datsun-240z-sinisha-was-also-the-fast/457881281614742/

So there is quite a bit of history with the car, and it's engine...

next2jack.jpg

3zs.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Found another 904 Kilimanjaro White with Blue interior.

Update on #888, after all the rain we have had, i uncovered #888 this morning to give her some fresh air,  and noticed that the roof liner, that i had thought had been painter blue was in fact a factory blue liner, along with the A pillar vinyls and sun visors, then looking under the plastic covers over the rear strut tops, i saw that the vinyl  was also blue after a bit of scratching around i found that the rest hand been painted black along with all the hard plastics, then i checked the tunnel vinyl and the passenger door card also blue, painted over black, (the driver’s door card has been replaced with a black door card).

I miss took this as when the car was painter from white to 903 (or similar blue) (don't get excited Gav it definitely is 904 white not a unicorn 903 blue with blue interior) there was quite a bit of over spray on the interior vinyl and the car was stored in a very dark place and didn't notice it, so my bad.

The original seats have been replaced with Sass seats. if anyone hears of a driver side blue door card and or blue seat covers in vgc please let me know as I have a pair of 240Z seats which I can use and recover.

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Edited by 24 Dat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, 24 Dat said:

(don't get excited Gav it definitely is 904 white not a unicorn 903 blue with blue interior)

Still a very rare combo... I only know of a total of 7 white with blue interior 240z's (HS30's). The 7 includes this car too!

Also I'd almost be tempted to keep it 903 Blue and have the blue interior with it. It's a beautiful combination (perhaps my favorite) and never seen an HS30 here with it.

Chinese buyer would love #888 too! Very lucky number. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gav240z said:

Still a very rare combo... I only know of a total of 7 white with blue interior 240z's (HS30's). The 7 includes this car too!

Also I'd almost be tempted to keep it 903 Blue and have the blue interior with it. It's a beautiful combination (perhaps my favorite) and never seen an HS30 here with it.

Chinese buyer would love #888 too! Very lucky number. :)

Thanks Gav, of the 7 are they all in oz and manual or auto RHD ? i know yours is a  auto, mines a manual

Yes i am tempted to keep it 903 as the original engine is gone, its currently got a l26 (less the e88 head)  and the gear box is toast, (one good thing most of the underside got an gear box oil bath before it was taken off the road) 

Yes i couldn't believe the #888 when i bought it,  maybe a Chinese buyer or Roland or Jessica Dane (id rather Jessica ;) ) might want to buy the Z.

I bought the car just before the price of Z's went through the roof, as a possible 1/2 or 1/4's cuts  for me and the race guys i hang with after possible accidents, (this was 10 + years ago)  but the #888  had me wanting to keep whole, i'm so glad i did.

Any further info of the Len Brennan's 240Z with the same colour combo? (i was looking at your other posts on the forum today 8)) by the look of it, I've got the same wheels as his car but i highly doubt he would have forgotten the #888 so i don't even consider my car might be the same, but would like to hear of any updates about his Z

Edited by 24 Dat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 24 Dat said:

Any further info of the Len Brennan's 240Z with the same colour combo? (i was looking at your other posts on the forum today 8)) by the look of it, I've got the same wheels as his car but i highly doubt he would have forgotten the #888 so i don't even consider my car might be the same, but would like to hear of any updates about his Z

He cannot remember what number it was, he said ex-wife through all paperwork out years ago. He didn't sound impressed.

Here are all the photos I have of his old 240z.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Lqui2fY4fVrVxCgdA

"KZU - 567" - I really have to become friends with someone who works at Vicroads.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interestingly HS30 00890 was white, but I captured it as a black interior car.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/WDMY4dZY0rBx3tHF2

But looking closer now, I feel like I can see a shade of blue on the vinyl in 1 or 2 of the photos.

The current owner of the car also has a Stagea (we've spoken on Facebook), so I might ask him if it had a blue interior or if he can see any evidence as such.

I always knew there should be more of these cars in this combo, but a lot of them have been changed over the years so makes it hard to know which is which.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/9/2020 at 2:14 PM, 24 Dat said:

Hi Gav the white one is  mine, :) i got her 2 1/2 years ago, it is HS30-11509 engine is L24 101956, early 72 car,  it is in extremely good condition an out of all my cars is the most original and in original condition. it has not been on a wet road or had rain fall on it for over 20 years,  got the number plates a week after i bought her 8) that why i was chancing a set of 72 stamped Topys a year ago, i ended up getting a set as i have the original hub caps (they need refurbishing)  The Nissan media was a blast every journo wanted to drive her .

The red one is owned by a member on the forum i can ask if he wants it known 

Cheers

 

Originally 904 white? Black interior and manual? Compliance 05/72?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, gav240z said:

Originally 904 white? Black interior and manual? Compliance 05/72?

thats one of my other 240Zs  and all those details are correct.

I also own #183 and #521(my race car)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...