Jump to content

Riceburner

Donating Members
  • Posts

    3,470
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    7

Everything posted by Riceburner

  1. Happy 25th Ash hope it's a good one!
  2. That elbow is the return from the heater.
  3. The 'y' or 't' piece is used when running the extra water line through the su manifold. If no SU's then just go straight to the heater.
  4. Looks like an angry 510, what sort of mods does it have?
  5. That would be cool. Lol. So does it reduce in size or expand... would you use it to step up from the 2.5" secondaries to a 3" system?
  6. Nice color scheme. Damn, those trumpets look great!
  7. IMO These pipes seem to have a lot better finish, single piece instead of two piece with a flange and these are 'firing order'..... Enough about Simon's pipes, seems a lot of people have been looking at them Should be a beast! Whats the theory behind the megaphone and how do you work out what length is required?
  8. Long shot but do you have one of these left?
  9. Looks a bit better than the old one. Maybe that's why I ended up bogged up to the control arms at honda hairpin! ha.
  10. What were they worth if you don't mind saying? They look like they should work pretty well, aren't firing order headers the ultimate in performance....... I don't think you should use them
  11. Fitted the chrome booster to the Ricey yesterday. After I pulled the old, very tired one out I had a look inside for the first time since I've owned the car. To my surprise I found that the seal around the pushrod had cracked and and some shifty bugger had used silicone for a bodgey diy repair Would this huge crack/split stop the booster from working? I did notice there was no vacuum noise when I removed the booster hose, but the car hasn't run for quite some time.
  12. There's electric power steering units on yahoo Japan, doudous has one on that hako he just imported. Another thing is keeping the stock or stock diameter steering wheel. I used an aftermarket wheel for a while but parking was a nightmare so I bought a compe wheel.
  13. those headers look really nice! Are they a one off production?
  14. Just grabbed this months Tarmac magazine, it has a detailed feature acticle on Jon Siddins 240z
  15. I have R31's they seem fine on track but if I did the conversion again I'd definately go r32 or 300zx. There's nothing worse than winding caliper pistons in, it sucks. If you want the handbrake to work with the standard cable you have to mount them at 9 or 3 o'clock position... This means you have to remove them from the bracket to bleed properly, very painful.
  16. Woohoo Ash! It's starting to take shape and it'll look awesome
  17. I'm no expert but you would be able to wet rub the clear back and go again? The color coat looked to go on really nice
  18. Without the spacer plate the booster pushrod will already be pushing on the master cylinder? Fit the plate, measure how far out the booster pushrod is on your old one then match the new one to it. You should be able to test the booster by running the engine then shut it off, disconnect the vacuum hose and you'll hear it suck if it's pulling a vacuum. Is the check valve ok in the booster hose?
  19. Hehehe yep . I'm slowly starting to learn to keep everything just incase I need it in the future.
  20. Found, thanks guys.
  21. Good idea Mark, I'll shoot him a pm. Thanks.
  22. Hey chaps I'm after the stock steel fuel rail that goes infront and down the side of the engine, I think it's a flow and return line with take offs to feed SU's..... Needs to be straight. Not the emissions type with three rails. Cheers, Gareth.
  23. My parents and relatives are all from Tassie, I started out there until I was five then we all came to Vic and have been here ever since. So I'm more Victorian than tas now
×
×
  • Create New...