Jump to content

Riceburner

Donating Members
  • Posts

    3,470
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    7

Everything posted by Riceburner

  1. Wow, that'd be awesome
  2. 280zx dizzy is magnetic pickup isn't it? So figure 3. With my MSD they say to run the twisted pickup wires(purple green) separate to all the other wires to stop any emf, you'll need hellically wound plug wires for the same reason. Your 240 tach may require an adaptor for it to work.
  3. Hi guys, I'm looking for a good used lower thermostat housing with two half inch holes at the front(ebay ones are $50) Ibelieve they are from 280zx or bluebirds. Cheers, Gareth.
  4. Darth Spud would make a great hood ornament. I'm sure he'd feel at home, it'd be just like hyperdrive only windy
  5. Congrats Linton, looks immaculate. How is that shine
  6. Great work Gordo sounds like it was worth all the time and effort. Another happy PMC customer. Any chance of in car video at sandown?
  7. I looked at the Mckinny 240z mounts, the only difference between their '240z poly style' and the 'universal poly mounts' seems to be an aluminium plate 12mm approx and $100 more I was thinking of getting the universal ones and making my own plates..... I just run $35 ebay specials, very soft, they seem ok while the car is on stands Nato, how do your mounts attach to the stock crossmember?
  8. Some nice A series donks on this site http://beeoneoneoh.com/tag/fcr/
  9. Looking good, what is the color of the blue you used on the sway bar and struts? Kitty is definately giving it 'blue steel' Lol.
  10. I think that's a lot better than posting it for all to see as it was getting heated, providing he didn't breach the forum guidelines. Water under the bridge, we are a minority, we need all the friends, help and members we can get on this site. 'jokes' it could be worse, we could be Hybridz hehe.
  11. Hasn't this all gone a little too far and been blown way out of proportion? . As far as I'm aware in the time i have been a member there has been no personal attacks? In regards to Pete Mc, he has done a mountain of work for many people with no complaints about quality or performance, including me. So his work does speak volumes. I feel for Benny too, people are entitled to opinions and it's not like he went on a tirade poo pooing every bit of the build. It may have lacked a little tact, but there was certainly no malice. I think the info given and different advice from members has been invaluable to my build over the years, I don't see why anything needs to change. Everyone is a little different and what may seem easy for some is not for others, so the different views/advice will continue to be helpful. I hope he continues to be a part of the forum, these old datsuns can be trying and we need all the help we can get! Friend of all, Gareth.
  12. In Aus the kyb's are only available for the fronts. They're pretty cheap over there, if you can get a good shipping cost I'd definately go for them.
  13. Thanks for the offer VRAM, I think I'd have to agree with Jake and the extra picture has certainly made my mind up. Cheers guys
  14. If you do full strut change just keep the hubs and discs paired as 260 or 240 items, all else should be ok.
  15. KYB GR2 gas inserts are great for a road car. 240Z-260z are slightly different IIRC. 240z upto late 72 are 51mm struts, then onwards are 55mm. You'll probably find your 260 struts are too large in dia to fit in the 240 struts. My car is badges as nov 73 but actually had 51mm struts, so measure first and if you do replace them get new urethane bump stops too. Whatever you do don't buy Monroe inserts..... They are junk.
  16. Is that Benzeds old car? Burgady with the 1JZ. http://www.speedhunters.com/2012/05/zeds-not-dead/
  17. Hey mate, what size are your tyres and the wheels. I have 225 semi's on 16x8 0offset (Basically touching the guards), considering these for my build. Do you have another pic of them from almost head on? Also what is the finish/fitment like on them, do they need much work or are they ready to paint? Just want to see how they'd look with a smallish wheel instead of a huge neg offset. Thats an old pic, tyre/wheel profile is still the same.... Would it be too much flare? Cheers, Gareth.
  18. Wow 1,000 hours! Damn thats gotta hurt, I hope Will is working for the love of the job and at no charge It's looking a treat, are you doing the re-assembly and the rest of the work yourself? Not sure about the rally style mudflaps, they might detract from the pristine bodywork. Would the MSA moulded type be suitable? GV260 (Graham) has them on his recently restored Zed, they look really good.
  19. Happy Birthday Lachy, best wishes. That cake looks too good to eat!
  20. Thanks Dave, I'll be getting a copy shortly. I actually remember seeing incar footage of him in a red Zed doing a targa or something similar, flat out in 5th gear going through a corner and still giving his running commentary now that's entertainment!
  21. I got mine through amazon when it was first released not long ago. It's the biography of Spike Anderson, although not completely about Zeds it is a great read and quite funny too. I'd recommend it
  22. Looks factory, I bet there's quite a few hours in all that bending/flaring!
×
×
  • Create New...