Jump to content

Riceburner

Donating Members
  • Posts

    3,470
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    7

Everything posted by Riceburner

  1. I have looked at these too mate, seems like a great idea as cleaning and polishing the stock ones is hard work. Should look really nice when you open up the door. What are the details on the exhaust system, mufflers and so on?
  2. Some nice bits there, the all black wheels will look really nice. Are you lowering and chopping up the gaurds when you fit the flares?
  3. Happy birthday mate
  4. Whoa, if there's a passenger seat I'd like a ride at the track someday
  5. Do Subaru and 280zx have the same number of splines?
  6. Yeah, scotchbrite sounds like a good idea. It's just a light amount of rust so should come off with little effort. Re pickup, good enough for Neil is good enough for me.
  7. Meh, too many go fast bits Simon. I say stick with an open diff
  8. I had broken ones on my old bonnet, I just used sikaflex and then tightened the remainig bolts very gently.
  9. Huge effort Lurch, last time I saw it more than half the fire wall was swiss cheese!
  10. On a serious note, there are two issues I am unsure of. 1.The pickup head looks tiny(size of matchbox) is this normal? 2.The coating on the inside isn't as good so there's surface rust on the bottom of sump(see pic attached) what should I do to fix it, or should I just leave it?
  11. More sump pics, loving the gold anodized look... who cares if it works or not
  12. Ah, thought he was doing DIY with the carbs. Oh well, I'm sure it'll be roaring again soon
  13. What size are the carbs Lurchos, did they fiddle with the jetting and the slide vacuum holes? I second the oil 't' piece, my brother had his crack on a road going 1600
  14. Oh no bike carbs, whats he doing with them? Body is coming along nicely, will be better than new when Finished. How did you go with flooding down your way? It was a balmy 6.3 degrees in our shed today, I'm bet Lurches is the same or maybe colder.
  15. Seems this joker has plenty of form, if only I had googled him before I decided to buy from them! Been emailing back and foward, cleary has no customer service and is rude to boot. Be Warned! http://reviews.ebay.com/SCAM-WOLF-CREEK-RACING-ALERT?ugid=10000000000988862
  16. Two test reports I have are from Road & Track in the 70's. One at 1206kg's & the other at 1295kg's
  17. Hey Guys, After fitting the RTZ diff mount with urethane bush I have noticed a clearance problem. With the car on stands, the suspension at full droop.... the sway bar is touching the diff pinion to prop shaft flange this wasn't happening with the ols solid mount. Will this be an issue? I do have a fair bit of pitch on track under heavy breaking and initial turn in. How do others with RTZ diff mount go?
  18. Wow, great find. I too have never seen it, would love to know where it came from.
  19. I got mine from ebay aus for $30, Looks to be exactly the same as the other cheapies shown. I've been putting stainless rivnuts for 6mm bbolts in the car, done about a dozen so far with no issues. Stainless are HARD to do by hand, have some spinach and channel popeye before you start Great tool for the money!
  20. Great news Alan, Is a very well put together event with something for everyone.
  21. I raised the issue on hybridz too. http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php/topic/107247-r180-finned-diff-cover/page__pid__1003548#entry1003548 Hope link works. They seemed to think I wasn't hard done by.... He hasn't even offered to send the plugs that should've come with it! I don't care where you come from it's crap service! Hopefully anyone who is thinking of buying from them will do a search and find my info. Bad service could've been rectified..... Internet reviews stay forever!
  22. I'll take the speedo gear if it's still available PM Sent
  23. It's all fixable, but at a cost. Certainly wasn't cheap........ Good money should mean good service and good parts! Obviously not for Wolf Creek Racing, So I name and shame
  24. Digging up an old one here Got a finned diff cover from these guys today. Typical bad story, very quick to take money, shirk all responsability from that point. Be warned their pictures may not be the same item and/or brand you think you are purchasing. In my case it looks to be a cheap copy or factory second. Even when the item purchased is missing parts shown in picture, their first response was 'if your unhappy send it back to us at your cost and we will waive the 15% restocking fee' I would say DON'T use Wolf Creek Racing!
  25. No worries mate
×
×
  • Create New...