Jump to content

Riceburner

Donating Members
  • Posts

    3,470
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    7

Everything posted by Riceburner

  1. Haven't found out yet, it's got no doors or any front end panels and I'll need to tie up the wiring loom. I'll take it for a gentle spin up and down the driveway(about 400 metres long) to see how it goes next weekend providing I get the rear cross brace modified and fitted in time. Be prepared for a more dodgey iPhone video Progress is slow as I have the car stored two hours away and only get one day to work on it a week if I'm lucky & the four hours of travel makes it a long day. Starting to see a tiny light at the end of the tunnel though.
  2. Yeah, was mainly between 2000-3000rpm then it went away. Might try some different stacks and see if I can get rid of it.
  3. It's alive shivere Iphone video's uploaded. The rattle from the carbs is actually quite loud, but when they open up it goes away and is replaced with a whistle almost sounds like a super charger!
  4. I have a question for the velocity stack guru's.... I have come across a 'power blade' stack (see pic below). The velocity stack is fitted with a horizontal plate across the centre, when the flatslide is open on low to half throttle the air is only drawn straight throught the lower section. This is meant to promote higher velocity,less turbulence and give better driveabilty. I guess it's acting like a choke at part throttle, at full throttle it has no effect. It claims to increase power/torque in the low to mid range rpm. People that have fitted then have had to increase main jet size. My shift point is 7200 so I figure thats low-mid range, for a carb desingned for twice that maybe more on bikes. The theory behind these seems to make sense but I'm wondering what you guys think?
  5. Just keeps getting better Roberto! How did you cut the tubes back, was it hard and nerve racking? From memory they are quite thin.
  6. Yeah TP magna rotors will be centered perfectly. How far are they offset? 240z hubs are 8-9mm thinner so that could fix your problem, probably a safer fix than the washers or go 260 hubs and tp discs. Here's some cheapies to use with 260 hubs, the second set I use on my car on road and heavy track days with no issues http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Disc-Brake-Rotors-Front-Vented-DBA221-Mitsubishi-Magna-TM-TN-TP-Galant-HG-/110775813638?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19cac0c606#ht_1302wt_689 http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/MITSUBISHI-MAGNA-TM-TN-TP-FRONT-DISC-BRAKE-ROTORS-/300365472193?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item45ef2d61c1#ht_1395wt_689 Those pierburg fuel pump are great, I've had one for most of the time I've had the car, no regulator required and are super quiet. Supplies around 2.7 at the carbs.
  7. I have Konig rewinds 16x8 with 0 offset. basically another watanabe lookalike and are pretty light weight. 215/50/16 road tyres will fit with no mods, but 225/50/16 semi slicks will need gaurd lips rolled. This rolling diameter is almost exactly the same as stock so no speedo mod required.
  8. NICE! I was going to get that for my bro's 1600. Was going cheap IIRC.
  9. Wow Dave, color is cool Looks to be really well maintained. Are those wolfrace mags?
  10. Sorry Cozza missed your post. I run the Amax torsen diff centre which requires the late 'k' series diff and uses the r180 bolt in flanges. The cv's were useless to me so I didn't take them when I bought the diff. I'm not much help :-\
  11. Whoops my bad! The attention to detail is amazing, sounds pretty meant too.
  12. I did manage to find something yesterday on the valve sizes, apparently these guys were able to use bigger valves than what L series is limited too. Seems your correct it's all about the original 'LY' look http://www14.ocn.ne.jp/~mm-days/crossflow/crossflow.htm
  13. I wish my garage looked as good as that
  14. Is the RB20E less work to fit compared to the other heads?
  15. I posted this on the you tube section. I found it all quiet interesting Cross flow L series From what I can see they use RB20E heads Here's a blog for the car in the second video, some crazy goodness! I just used google translate to get a tiny bit of info in english. http://sato1511.blog40.fc2.com/category47-2.html From what I saw they had machining/casting facilities. They machined a plate for the rear of the head and fitted two oil return lines to the sump. A single Oil supply looked to be tapped into the block and two lines were run to the centre of the head. They used LZ chain guides, L series tensioner and a LZ chain with four links removed. Agno asked a very good question as to why they'd use a single cam head and not twin cam, anyone have any clues about the rb20e heads.... Do they flow much better? Has this been done before? They seemed to be trying to make a modern LY engine that still appeared very similar to the originals.
  16. Found http://page21.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/j179948218?u=;happypiza
  17. Cross flow L series From what I can see they use RB20E heads Here's a blog for the car in the second video, some crazy goodness! I just used google translate to get a tiny bit of info in english. http://sato1511.blog40.fc2.com/category47-2.html
  18. Sorry Stiva. I had a look again last night and couldn't find any. Yahoo Japan is funny like that, I'm certain they'll reappear in a week or so as I had seen four or five of them. I usually search under 'S30Z' '240Z' '240ZG'. I make sure I keep my eyes peeled for them as I usually have a look a few times every week. Cheers, Gareth.
  19. Looks nice and straight Bryan! What are the plans for paint, DIY and color? Also what are the old wheels you have fitted? Cheers, Gareth.
  20. Hi Mark, these look very nice. Can they be used with the stainless ZG surrounds? Thanks, Gareth.
  21. Sounds awsome under the bonnet and even better from the system!
  22. Yep those are the ones on yahoo Japan, I got one exactly the same. I'll keep an eye out for them when I'm searching next and I'll post the link.
  23. It's so hideous it's actually kinda cool. Check out those cracks in the tyres lmao
  24. Heaps of those Nissan badges on yahoo Japan for about $40. I searched under 'S30Z'
  25. Not sure as I don't run the stock fan, they usually list the thickness in their adds. So it would be just a case of measuring your gap from fan to radiator support. That 3core eBay add says it's 80mm thick.
×
×
  • Create New...