Jump to content

Riceburner

Donating Members
  • Posts

    3,470
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    7

Everything posted by Riceburner

  1. Good to know, Thanks Mark. Would there be much weight saving in the quarter windows? The hatch window would definately be a good idea.
  2. Got some new stacks for the FCR's, tig welded to the bases for extra strength and a light polish Due to spacing of the carbs the standard blue stacks have factory 'flats' on the bellmouths for clearance to the next stack, it's super tight between carbs 1&2, 5&6. With these new ones the bellmouths are 80mm instead of 65mm, so I had to shorten stacks 1&6 by 20mm to allow enough clearance :'( I have four at 105mm and two at 80mm. Ideally they should all be the same length but with my setup it's not possible. I have seen bike carbs setup with the same configuration, my old blackbird carbs were like this and even had a smaller main jet in the carbs with shorter stacks. If it good enough for Honda it's good enough for me. I was going to paint them black, like the rest of the engine but with the way they've polished up I'm tempted to clear coat them as it. Opinions please?
  3. Neat job Dave, I must try that weld through primer too.
  4. Hahaha, he's probably a bit big for a hood ornament. Passenger seat will do for now
  5. I'd recommend Peter Mac, he did great work for me and many others have also had excellent work done!
  6. I have a new co-driver, Datsun Dan Anyone have anymore info on him? Was it part of an advertising campaign, Does anyone else have one or is he the last of the Mohicans?
  7. I used the stock tops(insulators) with the KKR tapered spring retainer underneath. These are from bens 240K build, I set mine up exactly the same but used the standard strut tops instead of the adjustable pillow ball type which are on the ground next to it.
  8. Sounds like a straight foward fix, thanks guys. Seals still seem fairly soft atm I'll PM you if I need newbys.
  9. Hi guys my 1/4 window is starting to split the frame on the bottom corner. I assume it is rusting from the inside, but I also thought they were stainless steel? Anyone had this before or know what the problem is? Cheers, Gareth.
  10. Hehe beating Ferrari's! The car looks awesome, I'm loving that bonnet. Has it made any difference to temps/aero?
  11. Woohoo Graham, what a massive build. I never realized how much you had put into this, great work. Any chance of some in car video after the targa? This car is damn quick, would love to see and hear how it goes from the inside!
  12. Dent or crack, if it's not in a factory jacking point I'd be complaining very loudly!
  13. Hopefully it's gone to a good home. Anyone on here?
  14. Hey mate is the acrylic 2pak and do you know the brand? Sorry if it's a dumb question, I'm just a plumber
  15. I can donate these to the raffle if they'd be useful? They are now surplus to my needs, I'll have to post them to you as I can't make the day. 1.New urethane rear inner control arm bushes 2.NOS Beck Arnley centre console armrest
  16. Oh whoops! Lol. Do they just take a mustache bar rubber?
  17. Thanks
  18. Doh! I've already started to butcher my spare set of brackets and mounts :'( they look shexy! Forgive my stupidity mate, but I think i only have a single mounting whole with a dowel on the crossmember and only two mounting bolts on the block?
  19. Looks super neat and tidy, not a wire out of place Interesting thing with the heat blanket, I haven't seen that before other than turbos but I bet it's better than the regular shielding. Can you tell us some more info on it?
  20. Now that's a productive days work! Where'd you get the slotted rear discs from & where they expensive?
  21. Mechanically, I have got the new carbs. I had to re-shape the middle 1/3rd of the primaries on 1,2,3. The top/bottom 1/3rd of the primaries is still the original stainless and has colored normally (like 4,5,6), it's only these middle 'new' stainless bits that are going a very different blue color. I also made sure to keep them equal length. I thought like you that is was heat, but then the top should be as hot or hotter than the middle of the primary. Strange huh?
  22. More bracing plated both side then stiched in, the firewall side has a right angle that is stiched to the sill also. While I was under the car I also noticed a crack where the floor rail meets engine rail just back from the bottom of the firewall, the underbody paint had actually cracked off too Cleaned it up and made a small section of new rail which I stitched over the top. Shouldn't get anymore cracks with four new braces in the front!
  23. Should stop on a 10c piece Where's you get the slotted rear rotors? Were they $
  24. Had one years use incl a few track days and about 4-6hrs since the mod. I did clean them before fitting after the mod, everywhere original has gone gold/purple except the newer pieces which have turned blue.
  25. I got a look at my headers yesterday and noticed they have turned a strange color. They are full stainless steel and usually go a 'goldy purple' color with heat, now I had to rework the front three pipes to get clearance for my huge sump. I used stainless, but it has gone blue Is this going to cause problems due to pipes expanding at different rates? How can I tell if it's the same stainless?
×
×
  • Create New...