Jump to content

Riceburner

Donating Members
  • Posts

    3,470
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    7

Everything posted by Riceburner

  1. I'd say yes if it was a rocky auto sticker. RWB might be ok if you had an insane set of wide flares, but it's your car so do what you like with it. It'll probably go too fast for anyone to read anyway
  2. Thanks! Color won't be an issue
  3. Woohoo nice John. Are you going to fit them into the sugar scoops so they act like a oem lens cover would? Which ever way you go I can't see dim lighting being a problem
  4. Should've said it's for a 73 240z. Doesn't seem too promising here so I may have to try eBay and get them from the states.
  5. Get a short piece of trans or coolant hose, fit to each nipple in a loop. Or two short pieces with appropriate size bolts pushed in the end, then fit hose clamps. It sounds a little rough but will get you out of trouble and last a long time. Just change the hose/hoses whenever you replace coolant hoses.
  6. Yeah I enquired about the FCR kits they have for sale. They cast there own short style two piece manifold. Also jet them to suit your engine, but not cheap, was over $5k All looks to be really good quality so I guess you get what you pay for. You're right the stacks are awesome!
  7. I used the Unifilter in my stock airbox for 2yrs with no issues, it has the same dimensions as the stock paper element. It's the patent Unifilter foam and it has a steel mesh frame it fits onto to retain the oval shape. Cost wise they were very close to a Nissan paper type but reuseable. There's also the K&N ones on eBay but they are expensive.
  8. Keep us updated. I'd be very interested to see how we'll these work compared to oem bulbs.
  9. Hehehehe, I thought exactly the same thing! What's the planned repairs?
  10. Hi guys, I'm chasing another plastic interior trim panel for my 1/4 windows. After the passenger side, but will take both if you have them. Cheers, Gareth
  11. Thanks guys. It really suits the lines of the car, I wish it was the standard nose fitted to all the zeds. ATM it's a whole lot of white but the stainless/chrome trim should break that up a bit. John, I am thinking of using one way screws on the covers. Would hate to loose one! Simon, I'm going to try weight saving door handles I did see a drilled style that Magnus Walker uses on his Porsches. I've already done a mock up and it looks nice and quite different from the regular plain handles. Here's some old handles I did a rough trial job on.
  12. Got some more reassembly done, It's sitting a bit high but has been on stands and has no fuel. Not far off now, hopefully paint remaining bits on sunday. Going to go with satin black on everything else.
  13. I decided to change the wheel color as the clear on the polished lip was lifting in several spots. I sandblasted rims first and then painted with VHT caliper paint in satin black. Tyres are filthy, would look a lot better with some nice tyre black but still came up very well
  14. If you have the shaft size and the O.D that should get you a generic replacement from SKF or BSC. Should be a bit cheaper than nissan too
  15. Numbers might be a bit too much, what about some white or black circles, the type that are usually a background for racing numbers? Get them made in vinyl test fit and if you don't like throw away
  16. Thanks guys. It's my first time doing body work, there's a few dings I missed and some bugs from the garage! Lol. Zac did a great job with paint Won't be anywhere near some builds on here but I should have the best of both worlds, show and go. Bring on the Nats.
  17. Hi Jake, thanks for the offer but I've already purchased them from all z parts. Cheers, Gareth
  18. All Z Parts have all the seals in stock at very good prices.
  19. Hey guys, just wondering if there's anyone in aus who sells the inner and outer quarter window seals? Cheers, Gareth.
  20. Thanks gents It's assembly time!
  21. Nice color combo. Is this getting the dyno treatment, what the power estimate? Do we get details of the tricky stuff? lol.
  22. Basecoat and clear done, still have metallic parts to do. Keen eyes will notice the shorter rear spoiler, I got sick of it rubbing on the rear quarter panels so chopped it to finish flush with edge of the hatch. Iphone pics don't do it justice, this has blinding shine Stoked with how it came out!
  23. Sorry guys didn't see your posts. Yeah hopefully be up and running early in the year. Got almost all the painting done, removed all windows and seals. No rust to be found. Got the new window seals for front/rear glass but having trouble finding 1/4 windows seals locally. Few pics of progress
  24. Hehehe, If he keeps it flat for long enough he might be able to watch the fuel gauge dropping
×
×
  • Create New...