Jump to content

Riceburner

Donating Members
  • Posts

    3,470
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    7

Everything posted by Riceburner

  1. I did all mine recently. Like Dimitri says get some 6-8mm rope and lay in the back side of the seal, then once on the car trying to fit pull it to get the inner lip to roll over the apeture. I had a second person pushing on the window from the outside, otherwise it can to pop back out. Quite simple to do but you really need a second person. FSM describes it very well. Fitting the stainless trim takes most of the time (30mins per seal) but is easy, just make sure you fit it before trying to put it in the car. I used a non hardening sealant as recommended, put it on the body and the seal. For cleaning use kerosene, just have plenty of rags handy.
  2. Enzed stock this type of thing. It's a spring sleeve that goes over your straight rubber hose, then just bend it to required shape with no kinks.
  3. Centre road wreckers in Clayton used to have a few Subaru 'goons' with R180 diffs, it's been a while since I've been there though.
  4. All good info and will help heaps. Thanks guys
  5. Hey Ron have you tried pick-a-part or any self serve wreckers? I believe the old Subaru diffs are R180, most even have the silver sticker on the rear case telling you the ratio.
  6. My understanding is that all the old parts are 'looked up' in a bunch of old A4 binders. New parts monkies come in and only know how to search the computer data base, which doesn't list the parts. I watched Trevor at Brighton Nissan many times and he always used the binders to find pics and part numbers. Anyone got a parts catalogue with part numbers? Maybe we should start on the forum? It's only going to get harder. Bahahahaha! That's bad, sales/money going out the door. Yeah I have used him quite a bit recently. Like Scott said, I've found heaps of bits on eBay. Even some rare bit like the nismo short steering arms. I did get my LD water pump from Brighton Nissan when the U.S said NLA. Sometimes it's nice to be able to get a simple part in your hands in a day or two. Sadly I'm starting to think those days are gone :-\
  7. I'm not sure of the ratio, think it was 3.9. Will PM you over the weekend.
  8. I might have one Ron. Will have to check on the weekend and get back to you.
  9. Just wondering if anyone knows of a good place to buy genuine Nissan parts in Melbourne. I've tried to get some very basic items from Nissan during the rebuild in the last 4months only to be told NLA. The story I get is 'since the tsunami there not making any old stuff anymore'. I tried getting a genuine 280zx thermostat today, can't get much more basic than that and I still got the same story. WTF! I've always used Brighton Nissan cause previously they've got me parts that other dealers said NLA. Anyone had problems like this?
  10. Noice Mossy luv the black Watts
  11. Sinisha runs a very similar style to that, maybe try him as it may have been produced locally by Alfa.
  12. There is two sizes that will fit, 225mm & 240mm. You'll need a clutch to match the flywheel size.
  13. +1 Great ride height, with a decent amount of travel and no stupidly huge wheels!
  14. No it's ok Dave. You can get the same size mufflers but in longer style for extra noise dampening as your BMW 3L might be louder. Longest is about 24" but it'll come down to what you can fit in there.
  15. +1 Sans orange wheels
  16. yeah, meaty but still not too loud.
  17. The work looks top notch! I'd say go the full respray/repair, silver can be quite hard to match so I'm told. If you go the full repair/respray but don't keep it, re-sale would have to be higher for a great looking, straight and rust free example. With the cost of everything in Aus importing could be a real option, especially for a sought after car like this.
  18. More exhaust. Full 3" madrels all the way, 14" long 5"dia 3" centre/centre high flow muffler under prop shaft, rear stainless can by Reinhard japan. It's a lot deeper sounding but same overall DB as old system. It would never start first go with the old system, usually 3-4th time it would fire. First try evrytime it fires instantly, as good as any modern car! Too much back pressure previously? I kept the rear bar chrome, at this stage less work = good work. Oh, and love the way the handles look!
  19. The Riceburner is alive and kicking, test drive complete! Whoa, I've gotten soft in the 2yrs it's been off the road. Felt like the car had no suspension and the Nissan short steering arms require muchos grunt. I'm on popeye's diet until nationals to make sure I actually get around a corner Yaaaarrrrrrrrrr! Here's a vid
  20. Wow John they are works of art, no wonder Porsche's look so good!
×
×
  • Create New...