Jump to content

Riceburner

Donating Members
  • Posts

    3,470
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    7

Everything posted by Riceburner

  1. Sounded stupidly loud Epic 10yr build
  2. Was doing some research on the pump for my setup, the specs on my Pierburg are a flow rate of 1.9 Litres per min @2psi @13.8v, which will work out to be 114 Litres per hour. May still do the job
  3. I bet it'll a be another stonking motor Pete!
  4. That's good news to hear Pete, best wishes to Noel for a speedy recovery! Sounds like it let go with a bang, what was the cause? What are the plans for the new motor?
  5. Would a thicker coupling spacer work? Providing the unis can take the greater angle. Some pics mite be helpful to see where the extra room is required.
  6. Yeah that's it David. There's a couple of vids on you tube with exhaust note too
  7. There a quite a few companies that make them. Fujitsubo do a twin system called the 'lagalis' you can find them on the RHDJapan website. I got mine from Reinhard Japan, they do an all stainless twin 60mm system but it's pricey. I just asked for the rear 'can' only, apparently muffler translates to the whole exhaust system so they didn't know what I was asking for
  8. Hehehe, no. Not yet anyway It's the muffler I got a while ago.
  9. Little more work, got the body rubbed down ready for paint. Rear hatch seal is ok except for the top left corner, it's continually been 'tacky' for a few years. Has anyone used rare spares rubbers.. are they OEM quality? I've only got minor bits to clean up, but the devil is in the detail! Hatch has been removed, sh@t they are heavy. BTW what's up with the gas struts for the hatch, I had to get the HULK (me covered in blue primer dust) to compress mine.... Haha. Guess they don't make them like they used too! Lol. Also got some small surface rust on the slam panel, it's the only rust left. I'll probably swap out the slightly cracked original tail lights for the new set. Cleaned up the original exhaust opening to take the twin 60mm stainless muffler. Few other surprises but I'll leave them until it's finished. Progress pics. Jeez I'm Hanging for a drive...
  10. Hi Peter, how did you find the quality of the rare spares items? I need to get some window & hatch seals now for my 240Z Cheers, Gareth.
  11. Sounds very interesting, I'd like to hear more once you have it fitted. 470HP will be more than most Zeds require but this could be a great performance upgrade. Would the pedal pressure be any different to a stockish Z setup?
  12. I've got the Aus classic car mag with James' orange car, the 'stance' looks great with plenty of travel. Wow 5.5kg's is damn light, Awesome!
  13. Nice one Adam, are you going to increase the tyre width too? 215's maybe....
  14. 6HP thanks Pete! Simon, If you decide to machine any I'd be in for one too! Lol.
  15. I just run the stock size, It's only been rebuilt once since I've been racing and it was secondhand when I first fitted it. He's kinda right though sheldon
  16. What sort of size difference are we talking between the standard and race type underdriven alt pulley? Could machine your own and go halfway between the two? A streetable size that will live longer on the track perhaps
  17. Ebay? I got mine from brighton Nissan in 2010 for about $40
  18. +1 Well said Nat0. Also, If you pack below with lowered springs you won't have any spring retention at full drop allowing them to move on'off the perch. Definately pack ABOVE and use new bump stops, you'll still hit them.
  19. Hehe, I may have to hack my 240z bonnet up if I cant find a vented one. I'd be all over it if there were no bonnet pins, Thanks anyway.
  20. Hey guys, I'm chasing a vented bonnet in good condition. Don't care if it has the plastic vents or not. Cheers, Gareth.
  21. Sounds weird Simon, almost like the vaccuum is making then breaking.... might wanna inspect the check valve in the booster line.
  22. Hey Rev, to start with I'll probably end up droppping the main jets on 1&6 by one or two jet sizes as thats how the blackbird carbs were from the factory with their staggered setup. I think yours is the ideal setup going to all cylinders. With the SU's I think it was on the balance tube, which goes to all cylinders. I've only had it on one cylinder since I did the triple Dellorto's, I've left it the same on the blackbirds and on the FCR's. The only issue I could see would maybe be a low signal at low RPM's if you had a high lift cam? I use a 74 works high lift, no troubles. If I was doing it again I'd put fittings on all the runners. Thats what tipped me over the line too, I also liked the pivoting front link and the fact they didn't seem as bulky as some of the other types for sale.
  23. Oooh really, thanks Peter looks like it'll stay as is then. I did run it the same way with the old blackbird carbs and always wondered why number one plug was lighter. I'm not sure about effects in the brake booster, the test drive vids I had no booster hooked up at all. That was interesting/scary! Now it's hooked up I have done a few little runs and the brakes feel same as it always has, weather or not that's normal I'm not too sure.
  24. Got all the new stacks on and tested, no more stand off Clear coated too Made one mistake with the manifold, when it was made I forgot to put in a fitting for the brake booster. Until now I had run a longer piece of hose up to number one runner. Now I fitted the 't' piece and have run some copper back to the bonnet catch just to neaten it up a bit. I'll throw a PCV valve on the other side of the 't' and link it to the catch can.
  25. Got some adjustable T/C rods from Brian ZCCJDM. Now I don't have to worry about the stock ones breaking on the road or track. Very nice bits of kit, ball joint on the chassis end and a two piece rotating joint on the other that will move with suspension. I had some spare urethane T/C boots that I fitted over the ball joints to keep them protected from the elements. Also had some stickers I put on but not sure on them yet, they met go but I'll wait to see if they grow on me. Also had a quick look at the RB box I got a while ago. There was some chewed up metal that came out when I removed the ratining plate in the bellhousing, also when the speedo drive came out. It seemed quite thin, was told it needed bearings so hopefully it's just a metal bearing seal or something simple. Fingers crossed!
×
×
  • Create New...