Jump to content

Riceburner

Donating Members
  • Posts

    3,470
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    7

Everything posted by Riceburner

  1. I'm unsure if I do, at 4.1 final drive it wouldnt see much under 5,000 on a 15min track session. I thought the extra oil plus fins should keep it cooler, $200 is a small price to pay if it makes the torsen centre last longer as they aren't cheap. Do any of you guys run them? The only issue is the rear brace between the control arms
  2. Does anyone run a finned diff cover on r180 or r200. Do they help keep temps lower with the extra capacity and cooling fins and how do they fit? I've seen Perrin ones advertised and thought it could help my torsen LSD last a lot longer...
  3. I bought mine back on the 10/10/2001 as a 21yo, wow time has flown by. It was a very difficult time in my life so the ricey holds huge sentimental value to me and will never be sold.
  4. All good ideas thanks gents. I thought a strap or similar would move to one side while getting towed especially from an angle and possibly damage the nose.... I had thought about welding the current hook (from ZCCJDM) which mounts on bumper bracket bolts near hinges, to the Gnose bumper stays. Is this too weak a spot to tow from?
  5. I got my new nismo ones from ebay, $20 for a full set. Seems unusual that they both would snap, any tyre monkeis been using a rattle gun on them lately? I do mine up with a torque wrench now as they only need 60ftlb.
  6. Anyone seen or have an idea of what type tow hook would be suitable for my Gnose Z? I don't know why but I feel a solid type would be more suitable.
  7. What size is the system and what sort of mufflers if any do you run? Sounds mad!
  8. Did you end up making the extra brace across the back of the diff just above the contol arm mounts?
  9. Mmmmmm comfy and sporty too. Nice work
  10. PM sent re bonnet
  11. Welcome, you'll find lots of help here. RB30X has an awesome 240 with LS1 conversion, he'll have a heap of tips for you
  12. I know what you mean David, certainly not cheap but bout the same a good weber/solex setup but with more power and drivability. There are quite a few setups on yahoo japan going cheap, some of mine are used but have been fully rebuilt which helps too. I wonder what marque sports will make of them? It's not injection....
  13. I've been checking the vids on you tube and they have a really unique sound especially at idle, they should have awesome performance at full noise! The only restriction is the jet needle, no butterflies, chockes, venturies or shafts in the way. I'm going for the side draught type with horizontal fuel bowls. Your spot on the down draughts need a big angle to get them sitting correctly approx 50deg angle. I'll custom make a manifold that shouldn't be too hard.
  14. I got the repaired door back from Lurch last weekend and boy was there some work in it from him! Once again he has done top notch and I can't thank him enough for his huge efforts Cheers mate. Not much more progress with the ricey, I needed time away from the shed as the list of thing to do keeps growing..........Oh yeah speaking of that I have been on the hunt for more power (whats new) and stumbled upon cars running Keihin FCR carbs So the Ricey will soon be trying on a set of six FCR41 Flat Slide carbs First pic is the spacing I'll be aiming for to give straight shots into the ports and the second is the actual product. Now to finish the other 45 jobs first
  15. I ran the EBC yellows with solid rotors and cooked them so much the material was dropping of in huge chunks. I tried GSL rallysports A1RM spec pad but had fade issues again. Now running the project Mu same as Scando, they don't have great bite when cold but seem to brake better the more you abuse them. Not cheap but a great pads
  16. If your zeds anything like most they get hot inside on a mild day, race seats only make it worse and black vinyl/leather will make for a sticky ride. You might find yourself velcroed to the seat very quickly. Make sure you try seats out the sizes vary a lot between brands, revolution racegear has about a dozen(not all classic style) set up that you can sit in to size yourself up.
  17. Hey Nav, yeah it's still available. It's a single mirror though not a pair. Cheers, Gareth.
  18. Don't the reds only adjust rebound, where as yellows adjust both bump and rebound equally?
  19. No worries mate, send me your postage details and I'll mail it Monday. Cheers, Gareth.
  20. Riceburner

    260z Hood Vents

    I've found most have no idea when it come to old parts. They can check stock in Japan and ship it in two weeks, pre payment is required though. I use Trevor at Brighton Nissan, he's never let me down so far
  21. Glad to hear there was no damage, sounded really good while you were giving it the beans trying to reverse out I'm liking the diff mount, looks really well thought out an easy for maintenance/replacement!
  22. Bump Added Nissan diff mount to list. Mirror, Badges, Trans mount still available and all $50 each
  23. Wow 7month turn around and looks fantastic. What are the specs on the motor, driveline, suspension? The cage work looks very substantial. Is that a custom diff mount with a control arm bush? Cheers, Gareth I watched the Targa Tas dvd yesterday and saw a similar looking Z go into a ditch, then almost get hit by an out of shape Lambo
  24. Sounds like a good opportunity to get coverage for the club and you might even get your mug on the tv I've still got lots of bodywork to do and the exhaust and tyres so I dont think I could make it.
  25. I'll have to use them unless I can find pair of 55mm struts, thought it was worth a try. Sorry
×
×
  • Create New...