Jump to content

Riceburner

Donating Members
  • Posts

    3,470
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    7

Everything posted by Riceburner

  1. Wow even the garage floor gets the treatment nice way around the licence plate obstruction too. Awesome build
  2. Few more goodies arrived today. I found some Nismo long hub bolts on ebay and thought it could be really handy to have some, mine are originals and the wheels come off and back on very often. The best part is my brand new rear muffler, I'm going to put it in the factory location. It's a stainless twin 60mm as per the 432 style!
  3. Woohoo Adam! Almost there now. The old school look on those headers is very nice, Any chance of a first start up vid?
  4. Hi gary and welcome. Liking the look of all the car so far, the lights blend in very nicely. Obviously you put in a heap of work to get everything finished off perfect. I'm in the process of doing the G-nose conversion too I would love to see a few more pics of the front with the baffles and licence plate mods you carried out. Also what is the perforated material you used for the under tray? Thanks, Gareth.
  5. Also the vented calipers come very close to my wheels, there would be 2mm clearance between the caliper face and the wheel spokes. I run konig rewinds 16x8 zero offset. So fitting the spacer plates between the caliper halves could cause more trouble....
  6. I didn't see 16" in the RK-R ?
  7. What are those finger thingies in the bores, first pic
  8. With 260z hubs it bolts on, but the discs need to be drilled to suit zed pattern, centre hole matched to hub bore and the caliper needs to be widened to suit the TP magna 23mm disc. This happened the same way to me but I have a 260z 2+2 parts car that has been very helpful. So my hubs came straight off that. I think 50% of the 'bolt on mods' I've done have been anything but bolt on The bad thing is it's only discovered after the car is in bits.
  9. Looks good freddy, the car keeps looking better Is the bonnet pictured on your car the full carbon or the woven fabric type? Are there captive nuts fitted for the bonnet catch to bolt into? Do you have closer pic of the underside. Cheers, Gareth.
  10. Do the hubs have a step where the disc sits to ensure no movement.......as well as the 4 bolts. Will spacing this way make the disc hat sit off the step? Also in the pics it looks like the back side of the caliper groove is touching the disc but the front isn't.
  11. If I remember correctly I machined around 1.5mm from each side when my calipers were apart for rebuild. 3mm doesn't sound like enough spacing, just double check the disc centered in the caliper.
  12. This is the same setup as I have and the issue with 240 hubs is the disc is too far away from the caliper groove. The 260 hubs gives the disc an extra 9mm back towards the caliper and it all lines up perfectly. Can you fit a machined spacer between the 240 hub and new disc, then use longer bolts to secure to the hub face? Would this be safe, I'm not sure. 260 hubs are the easiest and everything bolts straight up, but they seem to be hard to get. What about a disc with 9mm more hat height but same diameter?
  13. Those look hot Ian! You can't beat matt black wheels on a zed, will look very cool with the paint color
  14. Thanks John, time is fast running out and I still have a lot to do. I'm probably a 50/50 chance to make it at the moment, fingers crossed though. Gordon has Craig noticed any difference in the feel/stiffness of his car? I wasn't too sure about it but seems to be a common mod particularly with track cars.
  15. I would not machine anything off the caliper mounts, 9mm is a fair amount to remove. I ran into the same prob when I did this mod a year ago. The 260z hubs will be the easiest/best solution. Maybe the zed factory in mordialloc(Vic) has some or Warren at all Z parts(syd).
  16. Seems like a good price for all that. Nismo LSD too
  17. Fitted up the extra 50mm bracing to front end today with my mini mig. My brother showed me his handy work on the off cuts and helped me to weld in. They will get underbody fish oil coating, not the white paint when finished.
  18. Woohoo, should make for fast acceleration and a smooth drive train. Is it the whole diff, cv's, flanges and stub axles? Shipping will be a killer
  19. Just don't fit a stock door mirror, you know those hideous square looking ones. With fender mirrors once you get used to judging the distance they are fine. I find them excellent on track when passing, as head checks with a helmet aren't practical. I've run both and the door mirrors are just as bad only uglier Stainless ray dot door mirrors are very cool also. From the guy about to sell a spare pair of fender mirrors. Lol
  20. Not me John the ricey is in pieces, no racing till next year. Good luck those piarc cars are pretty quick, hope the weather is good
  21. I think Gordo got this style copied and made up by someone he knows. He Could be worth a try, might be cheaper especially if you can produce the flanges simon.
  22. Well I wasn't even close, thanks guys
  23. Weeties-check Large vice-check Lube........ check A bit of grease will help the process yeah. Thanks guys
  24. 50 cans, you would've felt like captain hook cheap respray though and excellent result!
  25. Thanks Mark your too kind, all the parts and car are up daylesford way though.
×
×
  • Create New...