Jump to content

RB30X

Members
  • Posts

    1,983
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by RB30X

  1. Thats a bit harsh Rev. Purple Zeds need loving too?
  2. If it doesnt get picked up ill have the valve body from it. Cheers
  3. Good on you mate. Have a beer for me.
  4. He basically owes you a roadworthy now, regardless of if your car should pass or not.
  5. I know they aren't very attractive men, but how much cosmetics would those two need in two months while working on your car? Nice work on the engine stand mate. I always wanted to put an ls1 on one in my shed.
  6. There was a 2+2 up here full of rust a while back with a V6 and 5 speed. Apparently went like the clappers in NA form.
  7. Thanks again for the info guys. Not after the bright lights just a change of atmosphere really. Townsville doesn't have an international airport, domestic only and a lot of mines do fly out of here but vacancy is low at the moment and there seems to be a lot more availabilities in my profession FIFO or local Brisbane at the moment. What sort of work do you do Scottz? There's a lot of oppertunities in WA too if you don't mind moving to Perth for a while, although some places over there will fly you to and from Brisbane for a WA job. Thats a lot of flying. They have to do that to get the people they want. A lot of competition in this industry.
  8. You have a good point. That's all I could think about driving to and from the Phillip island circuit, damn that would be an expensive toe if you broke something big.
  9. Welcome back Waxhead. Long time no hear.
  10. Peter when I was fitting mine, I sat it upright on a piece of black 5mm Polyurethane sheet. I traced the shape of the base of the spoiler on the sheet then cut it out allowing about half a foot for the back of the lip. I flipped it upside down and screwed the sheet to the base of the spoiler letting a little bit protrude so it looked cool and a little bit racey. Then I painted the spoiler white and then installed the black sheet. This took all of the flex out. I basically copied a guy of HybridZ who did the same thing with a thin piece of aluminium. You can just see it here
  11. So you just "aquired" aye, any more info about this They look exactly like the ones in my zed. You sit a little higher off the floor and if you have a fat arse don't bother.
  12. Thanks guys there's some good advice there and a few suburbs to check out. I'm more of a block home person myself so maybe have to check out the newer (10-15yr old suburbs). Brisbane would be pretty self sufficient even if you did live way out of town wouldn't it, its own big shopping centres and what ever else you'd need wouldnt be too far away. Rarely would you need to go into the actual city. I may need to get to the airport quite often so have to consider that as well. cheers
  13. PI got you going didn't it
  14. It was 8'C this morning on our way to the airport in Melbourne. The only time I see 8'C in Townsville is when I quickly open the freezer after its been closed all day. I don't even think we saw single figures last winter.
  15. Hello fellow Queenslanders. I'm looking at potentially moving from Townsville to the Brisbane area for better access to jobs which suit my profession in the Minerals Processing industry. Any of you guys do the same thing? Just looking at the daunting task of relocating etc and would like to know where in Brisbane you guys are located. I've heard both noth and south sides are nice places to live but housing is a lot dearer than up here and there were no houses with a shed like mine for sale, and a shed is the first thing we look for in a house right? Somewhere within driving distance to a race track would be good too as I've been bitten hard by the bug since attending the Phillip Island classic etc. Any advice? cheers Tim
  16. Is that trumpet template built from specs of a real manifold and itbs?
  17. Here you go Jason.............. if you can see them.
  18. The front of the bulge does provide a bit of clearance for trumpets Peter
  19. So CD doesn't stand for carlton draught?
  20. I don't know what's funnier, jasons description of getting the card in or Benny thinking he was serious.
  21. Oh do tell?
  22. LOL at schmancy.
  23. Im sure it's due to the length of the handbrake cable but if you could choose a position where would you put it. It would depend on the way the suspension travels under braking and load etc. Very interesting stuff.
  24. It would be nice to drive and look at, but one picture suggests what you would expect to find underneath just like any other zed.
  25. I think the pics of the white zed are modeling the lip he got from Japan. I think you should paint it orange like your car but stay with the satin black for the new flares. Very jap spec your car is. You need some zg mirrors now.
×
×
  • Create New...