Jump to content

RB30X

Members
  • Posts

    1,983
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by RB30X

  1. Its actually just Performance Imports now, they dropped the high for some reason.
  2. I've got some high res ones, flick me your email. Any newsagency sells them mate.
  3. I'd love to hear the carbied RB26. I've seen a 25 on YouTube before.
  4. Sorry if there are any drool marks.
  5. Which manifold casting are you after. I've got a couple. Cheers
  6. That weber set up looks awesome.
  7. The one with the turbo Come on Dimitri you know you want to.
  8. Sunday would be the best day to go yeah? Me and the family are trying to cram a lot in when we're down there, but I may have a 'hall pass' for some historic car lovin on Sunday so I'll be saying g'day to anyone with a Zed.
  9. Looks great. Some coil overs would drop it down nicely
  10. There you go guys, coil overs all round for very cheap. I'm thinking $350 for mine unmodified, as thats how most of the people who contacted me wished to buy them. cheers Tim
  11. What sort of kw? A factory rb30 turbo will get you 200kw with a cooler and exhaust.
  12. Absolutley true! A lot of us do a lot of work on our own cars, and if we paid ourselves for labour we'd be millionares. At the end of the day it shouldn't be that hard and there may even be somewhere in the US that sell a mounting kit for RB engines.
  13. Thank you for bumping my add which was 4mins old and already at the top of the list
  14. These ones were on my 240Z when I bought it. I have recently swapped them out to put another set in that I had made as these ones could give me a lower front height. I was planning on grinding off the weld holding the sleeve on and welding it on a little lower, but since I'm going to sell them I thought I would ask first to see if anyone is interested in them as is, or if you'd like to buy them after they've been lowered a little more. Some may even want to section them if installing shorter strut inserts. As is, the front can still be lowered a lot more than factory ride height. My opinion is that there is just a bit of wasted space on the threaded sleeve which reduces how much you can lower it by. The springs that come these are 225lb or 4kg and they take factory length strut inserts (not included). They will come as in pic (ones on the left) but with the blue top hat obviously. Price will be dependant on if I modify them or not so let me know if you are interested. cheers
  15. The short answer is no. Everything is different. The struts are completely different and the whole rear cradle/control arm set up us different.
  16. Well I haven't had much time for the Zed lately due to our recent cyclone. Putting the house back together and pulling it apart again to rip up carpet, painting walls etc. The circus was in bed the other night so I thought I'd rip out to the shed to sort out my front struts. The front coil over sleeves that came with my car were welded on right at the top of the stut tube and as a result they could not be lowered enough for my liking. The back has been dropped enough but with the front as low as they could go you could still easily fit your whole hand under the guard on top of the tyre. Luckily I had a spare set of front strut tubes from my old Zed that I had welded coil over sleeves onto. These ones were possibly welded on a little lower than they should have been but they would help me get the front lower anyway. At this stage I am not sectioning any strut tubes as that would require new strut inserts so I might look at that when these inserts require replacement. Original set up Comparing the two Insert swapped into the spare tube and new ride height set I may go a bit lower but my exhaust hangs down a bit so I want to put some miles on the car as is and see how it goes. Here is a pick of my how my Z31 calipers fit. I initially was told they were Z32 but I think those are twin pots and these are only a big single. The only requirement to make them fit S30 is a small washer/spacer. And here is a few pics of a future project. Motor bike throttle bodies to be used to make a V8 ITB set up. I like them because they look a bit like old school down draft carbies.
  17. Good golly miss Molly. Congrats mate and I hope the missus picks up soon. I know how you feel.
  18. Do you have a link for that?
  19. +1 I'm hoping to run into a few of you there too.
  20. Some drifting in my 280zx. I have a 240ZG as well but I don't like the ZG nose. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4S4EKSde0Y drifting online with others is so much fun.
  21. Dead batteries suck balls ;D I love the little interlude to show us the linkage nut, suttley showing us your flash new linkages I noticed you left the vacuum hose to the brake booster off too in take one, two and three. Looks like you may have found it for take four. That would have made it a prick to start as well. Warm her up and get a full throttle sound next time. Have you driven it yet or will they need some tuning.
  22. How you didn't spin is beyond me ;D That car would smell for weeks.
  23. You can't blast some things though like alternators if you want to use them again without rebuilding. Brush on some truck wash and let it sit for a few minutes then hose off. This will remove any engine grime. That alloy cleaner as mentioned above is an aluminium de-oxidiser which removes that yuk coating on the ally parts. Brush that on everything a few times and hose off and that motor will be looking as sexy as it will sound. I did the above on my old dirty motor when I first got it.
  24. Wow thats a huge weight saving. Good info Ben.
  25. How come you haven't set up your breather system yet? You don't want to spray oil all over that beautiful engine bay. You should take it down the strip too. What sort of toe are you running front and back?
×
×
  • Create New...