Jump to content

RB30X

Members
  • Posts

    1,983
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by RB30X

  1. No worries mate. The plug for the solenoid has two wires, a yellow one and a pink with blue stripe. The yellow one goes to the PCM to give a variable earth signal according to vehicle speed and the pink and blue wire should get 12V with ignition. Let me know if you need anymore info.
  2. The ignition barrel in my car has always been a bit dicky. You have to hold the key a certain way to get it to fire, and the key itself is quite worn and I’m afraid of snapping it off in the barrel. So part of the set I bought a while back was a new ignition barrel key’d the same as my other locks. You have to take the plastic covers off. Drill out the snap off studs with a 5mm drill bit. Unplug and remove the old barrel. Make sure the new one works before installing correctly. It’s like starting a new car now. I got this Billet Products short/quick shifter with my car so I’d thought I’d throw it on today as well. The factory shifter are like a spoon in a bowl of porridge and these ones are not only shorter but are gated so the 2nd to 3rd shift is impossible to get wrong, you just push straight up and springs push it across etc. You can see a little solenoid push rod below, that is a reverse lock out. Stops you grabbing reverse instead of 5th gear. It’s supposed to get 12v sent to it at less than 10km/hr to retract the solenoid allowing an easy reverse selection but if 12v doesn’t get there the shift is incredibly hard (two hands). I’ve been having problems with mine so this was a good time to check everything. And for what its worth mine wasn’t getting 12v but it will be soon. And if the car didn’t feel racey enough before it certainly does now. The shift is apparently a 65% shorter throw now and goes in so much easier, not to mention the lighting 2nd to 3rd shift.
  3. Do you have a link for that one. I couldn't find it on that site hence the nostalgic link. cheers
  4. Pics aren't working for me, photobucket bandwidth exeeded or something? Anyway, If its the Toyota model I'm thinking of I reckon they are a bit of alright as well. Also prone to rust as the S30's but similar styling. A few people I've spoken to agree these might start to rocket in price as well.
  5. RB30X

    head pics

    Lots of L heads here: http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php/topic/62691-l6-heads-pics-and-descriptions/
  6. I'm sorry if this is a repost but I've only just come across it. This is a 80 odd page thread about the story of an Ozzy bloke who imports a Hakosuka only to find out bit by bit that he has some wicked stroked cammed L series engine etc. Heaps of pics and tech info if you have time. http://www.japanesenostalgiccar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1600&highlight=hakosuka
  7. Gareth you dirty dog. Is this going to get a bigger cam too????
  8. Mirror tint is illegal isn't it?
  9. Well the LS6 manifold has been installed but after also installing the LS6 injectors, I was advised to wait until it gets a tune otherwise they'd run too rich, so the LS1 injectors went back in. I think the seat-of-the-pants-o-meter has picked up some improvement in the top end just by changing the manifold. I ported the entry to manifold as well as spare throttle body which required me to make up a new 78mm throttle blade as the factory size is 75mm. I haven't installed this bigger throttle body yet. I really need to get a wheel alignment and check out everything to do with the rear end handling. At speed the rear end feels very soft and I don't mean just because its accelerating hard. Almost like if you were used to having a rear sway bar, then you removed it, kind of sloppy. This makes it very figity at high speeds. I want to get a BRE rear spoiler one day to hold a the back down a little too but in the mean time I might look at the mostache bar or something, see what sort of condition those rubbers are in.
  10. Hi again. I've been driving my car for a bit now and I know I live in Nth QLD and there is a least 3 holes in the ozone layer directly above me, but has anyone noticed how the rear hatch window acts like a magnifying glass when the sun is shining through it? I seems get really hot in the car. I've made sure all the firewall holes are plugged etc so engine heat can't get in, but even when driving with both windows down the air just seems to get super heated in the back. When the sun came up from behind as I was traveling home yesterday I could feel it buring the back of my neck as it shon through the rear hatch. The obvious answer is get a nice dark tint for the windows, all my previous and current cars have a dark tint as you really need it up here. Thing is I can't recall seeing many Zeds with tinted windows in pics. A dark tint doesn't really seem to go with the theme of an old school racer. What are your thoughts?
  11. Although I've never met almost any of you, I read your posts and build threads and and almost feel like one of your mates. I certainly would have bought Kyle a beer if we were ever at a pub and I'm sorry and shoked to hear made this decision.
  12. Someboby slow this man down.
  13. I'll check if my one is a nine inch or not............. Booster that is.
  14. R.I.P.
  15. Ahh, can't believe I missed that. Glad we could solve yet another problem for you mate. Its just a service we here at AusZ like to offer free of charge.
  16. Thats a bit sexy time right there.
  17. You're way off track scoot. He's actually driving so fast the radio signal just can't catch up.
  18. How's your bonnet clearance in that very last second of the clip?
  19. I've got all the parts I need for my stage 1 upgrades (I've been playing too much GT5) LS6 manifold LS6 injectors I've ported and polished my throttle body to 78mm, and will port manifold to suit. PAC 1218 valve springs (rev limter here we come) Removing fuel rail Throttle body off LS1 manifold off LS1 on left, LS6 on right. Waiting for the LS6 manifold installation
  20. Congrats you two crazy kids. I'm surprised it took you five years to get her motor running Peter but like you said there was a lot of touching leading up to the big moment. I can only imagine your grin when you pushed the right button and those noises came out. How does it sound anyway and wheres the vid???
  21. Was that to buy each one a Jetstar ticket? No seriously which company, I'll try to find a cheaper option. Try this if you have the weight and size etc, I just guessed. http://www.e-go.com.au/home.do;jsessionid=FFC6A158AD6DE7730B669A5CEC9F27D4 To 4815
  22. Ok cool. What's postage for two as well as four?
  23. Anyone want to split a set. My fronts are fine I only need rears. Any idea on postage yet mate.
  24. Well my interest is your compounded interest of my interest to the power of googleplex plus three.
  25. Wrx diffs are R200's aren't they? http://m.ebay.com.au/Pages/ViewItem.aspx?aid=260699571843&emvcc=0
×
×
  • Create New...