Jump to content

Zedman240®

Moderators
  • Posts

    5,250
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

Everything posted by Zedman240®

  1. Hey Ash, its $160 for this event. I think this Tuesday is the cutoff date. If entries are full, and you want to enter on the day, the only way is to see if there are any "no-shows". If someone doesnt turn up, you can take their spot provided you already sent in a entry form. Usually they dont let you enter on the day.
  2. Hey Simon, has it been registered / engineered with that RB30? How good is the shell? If its a great body I'd keep the 240 if you got it for a great price.. That roll cage don't look too safe; looks home made with some faults!
  3. I'll be there...fitted new AZC rear arms so perfect time for a test! Got the entry forms if anyone wants one. You can just fill it in and email to Lindsay of the MSCA; but do it quickly or else you are charged extra and/or you miss out! Don't know what you mean Lurch, he's harmless! Just have to make sure the muzzle is fitted correctly ..
  4. What's wrong with a 2 stroke powered zed? Some trucks have two stroke diesels..j/k Go karts me thinks
  5. Well done with the purchase Simon! With the RB30, did you check for a spark too? The common problem I've seen with those is the ignition module that's in the distributor which also does has the crank angle sensor inside it. If that fails, ECU doesn't know the engine is rotating so won't fire the injectors or switch the coil. When you strip the distributor, make sure you don't damage that screw that's inside that metal tube; it's a f@#@# to remove when stripped!You can replace the module without removing the dizzy from the engine.
  6. +1 with Lurch on that one. Heard it degrades certain older rubber fuel lines. Try a little experiment with a jar of that ethanol fuel and a piece of fuel hose immersed and leave it "ferment".
  7. I knew this was going to happen! hehe. Just a quick question, has anyone ever changed those armrests from white to black or have they always been like that? Geez that reminds me of my first 260; colour, trim except the condition...mine was just bog with some added rust! Well done..
  8. On both of my previous TB's setup, I did run balance joiners with no issues. When I took the zed up to Wolf for dyno tuning, we couldn't get a decent idle for some reason. Its still a tad high for my liking but I'll just leave it for the moment (1050 rpm). Not sure if my manifold has anything to do with it but I just thought 3 individual arms would be easier to set up and adjust. Plus I can get those rose joints for next to nothing ($6 each!) Oh Mike, in that pic that you have, you can see how close the fuel line is to the clutch master (where the accelerator cable runs over). Now that I lifted the engine 8mm, it touches. Spoke to Steve about that and he can modify the fuel rail to fix that.
  9. Hope all our Zed's are ready for the new year for all the cruises! And as above, same to you all! New years resolution....stop spending on the zed.....ahahahahahah
  10. Very true Craig, the problem is when you mention the name Datsun, the first thing that pops into their mind is a 120Y. One other little incident I forgot to mention in a post of mine above was a d@#khead in a 4wd who backed into my zed (in the 1/4 panel just on the corner near the tail light) in a car park. He claims he didn't see it (must have been using the "force" while he was reversing) and after he hit the car he asked me how much cash do you want to clear it up now. I had a good idea then on panel work back then and told him "between $500-600". He just laughed and said I'll give you $150! Next words from my mouth were "I'll get you 2 quotes"! He just thinks its an 120Y equivalent...He should've taken my price; it ended up costing $760!
  11. Yes it does! When I bought my first 260 with the flat tops and upgraded to the 240 carbs I bought 2 of those Fuel Miser kits from a carby shop in Oakleigh (Perfection Carburetors) and rebuilt them. This was in the late 90's though and I'm not sure if they are still available.
  12. Nowadays they don't need to know karate; some disturbed people carry all sorts of weapons and/or large metal bars. Personally, I would love a clean restored zed to be used as an everyday car. But experience with my first late everydayer 260 2 seater was a disaster. An old guy with a ute backed into the bonnet 2 months after it was painted, a Renault Fuego hit it in the back, German tourist took out the whole passenger side from wheel to wheel and a "Citipower" van took care of the right rear wheel arch thanks to their rear nudge bar. Only panel spared was the roof! Ever since that, POS cars for me for everyday.....(except current 2+2)
  13. I think Redline make trumpets that fit onto the 240 carbs then you need some Unifilters (they come in packs of two and in low profile if you need it and cost about $40)
  14. Simmons Wheels are worth a try but at around $700 a corner, its a tad pricey. If the Rota's were a few months earlier, I would've gone for those! Good thing about the Simmons wheels is they measure up to get everything to fit. They check clearance of the brakes, struts etc. Also, rim size is all up to you! I went through Richmond Mag Wheel Center in Melbourne. They also stock forged BBS wheels for approx $5000 a set.
  15. Dizzy's still available? and how much?
  16. I bought a "C" spanner from Toperformance in Mitcham for $20 but its a hike for you there in NSW. Any performance place like Revolution racegear sell things like that. Yep, Its alot easier jacking the car up to adjust and hammer and punch IS the last resort! Tends do damage the slots in the rings.
  17. lol....I'd treat it the same as when you find prehistoric bugs in Amber.. You might find some archeologists chipping away at your paintwork. Worst thing to find in your paint job would've been a 12 inch dragonfly...
  18. I can convert VHS to DVD if needed... That spider was just a friendly Huntsman. Painful bite is the worst you can expect!
  19. Zedman240®

    my little helper

    heheh Your helper looks a little .....deceased or you have worked him to death!
  20. Bluerat, What Stan told me was that a 38 year old gearbox for that kind of money to buy isn't worth it. The 5th ratio is a 1:1 so on a road going car that's used more for the road than club events or serious racing is annoying. I wouldn't like driving on a highway stuck in fourth! He believed $2K spent on a good 260 box (by changing 1st, 2nd and 3rd ratios) would be the best alternative. You get the bonus of a new gears and the luxury of an overdrive for 5th. He didn't say they are crap or to avoid it like the plague, but just spend the money a little wiser.
  21. One quick note on when you increase camber on the front, you may run out of tie rod end length! As you inrease the length of the lower control arm, you have to compensate with tie rod length. There is a fix, just have to find out what it was! D'oh! I think tie rods from a late 260?
  22. I'd recommend a 74' cam as the 72 is just good for the street. Spoken to many zed enthusiasts who have regreted the 72 choice. The 76' is good for all out racing!
  23. I've seen several setups where there was no air box used, but rather they insulated the whole area underneath, top until the bonnet and all the way to the front of the engine bay to make one huge airbox; the bonnet being the lid. On the side of the airbox that's mounted on the carbs/throttle bodies was a rubber seal so when the bonnet is shut, its like a large airbox. I might have a pic somewhere to show in case I don't make any sense. I've thought of that myself but been told its alot of work.
  24. Love the flares on the 260. Now I can see why you want it finished asap. Its going to be a killer zed!
  25. Glen, you were right on that second note, shorter trumpets are for top end and longer for more bottom end. Another thing is don't keep the balancer on there for too long, it tends to "choke" that cylinder/bank of cylinders. Don't worry Glen, the experts are watching; they are just waiting for you to make a huge mistake before they pounce!
×
×
  • Create New...