Jump to content

Zedman240®

Moderators
  • Posts

    5,250
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

Everything posted by Zedman240®

  1. Actually they are mine! Bought them from James who was wrecking that 240Z race car. Buying the Rota's so don't need these wheels. While there are no bids, if anyone wants them, let me know. Should've offered them here first but while there are no bids I can remove them from auction, nows your chance!
  2. Sach, the only Nissan spare parts guy I talk to is Trevor at Brighton Nissan. He goes out of his way to help Zed enthusiasts. Which dealership did you call?
  3. another PM sent.... too good to refuse!
  4. Looks like I've got clearance from the social secretary for this one. Been a while since I've done Luke's Run!
  5. If only I had a white lowered VS Commodore with 20" rims and a Autometer tacho instead of the Zed, I could win something!
  6. Sulio, Can't wait for your video of the event! Should be great...
  7. I think we should all pray for that! And for the driver to find reverse gear swiftly and do it once more...
  8. If it helps Glen, I used a throttle cable from a TE Magna (96') for my RB25. It may be short for you but depends where your throttle body is. Also I'm not sure if the 260Z accelerator pedal has the same cable connection as the 240Z does ie for the hand operated throttle in the 240Z. If you can chase up a 240Z pedal it may make it easier to hook one up.
  9. Oh Dave! When are people going to learn not to touch other people cars!! They only understand when it happens to their own car... But to me, vandalizing a car should be punishable by death!
  10. Love what they did with the radiator and support panel; or lack thereof!
  11. If you see some pics of some zeds on the HybridZ site with fully tubbed, V8's doing massive wheel stands, I think the diff should outlast cockroaches on this planet.
  12. Another "Welcome" from here... Lurch, I'm sure you are thinking of the Comedy Company.
  13. Sorry, could'nt tell you! Never drove with them on a car. Selling on behalf of a friend. Anything with more throats or any way to get more airinto the engine will make more power. I think with these triples when Daniel had them on a good L28, it made around 136rwKw's? I could be wrong though...
  14. If anyone is interested in my setup of shortened coilovers, fronts with Koni red inserts and Kings 300lb springs and rear coilovers with same springs and Arizona Z car chrome moly rod end equipped lower control arms with re-oiled original shocks. Just minus rear brakes! Good hardware for serious racing all for approx $2200 (or best offer) . Ready to bolt in to your Zed.
  15. Gav, with the triple throttle bodies, you still get that great sound but it just costs a little more! To set up that sort of EFI system, costs around the $5k mark. Big bonus is the almost "set and forget" factor. Once its dynoed, all that is required is just simple tuning up work every so often. No need to worry about jjetting, needles and seats etc...
  16. Ahh...good ol' auto electrics... brings out the worst in people!
  17. I just sent him a message through HybridZ; just try asking him again Gav...
  18. I know where there is a nice RB25DE for a powerplant....
  19. That's true, nice fellow! Asked him once to give some close up pics of his throttle linkage and he did...heres another one of his 432. The attention to detail is disturbing..
  20. Theres a member of the NDSOC selling a bolt in cage for a 240Z in th eclub mag if you have access to it. If not, I can get you his number. I think he wante around $1600 but I would try and get it cheaper...its a 6 point cage BTW.
  21. There was an extensive discussion on the HybridZ site whether the Rota wheels fit with standard spring platforms and apparently they do! With a 8.5" rim with a 225 tyre I think it should clear. Check the HybridZ site to make sure...read all the posts. For around $1400 for four 17" wheels without a spacer to me is a bragain; if I found these before I bought the Simmons, I would have the Rota's on there now! Its either that or some crappy "bling bling" wheels..
  22. If you want something effective to suck brake fluid out, I found a huge syringe from a vet at Caulfield Racecourse. This sucker has a capacity of around 120cc. When I was doing the RACV thing, I had a job at the vets next to the racecourse and just out of curiousity asked about the big syringes, and they told me "$3 each". Bought 3 of them. Go to vets that deal with horses, you should have some luck there.
  23. Hi Raj, One option is the Rota's RB-R's that Viczcar member "Benzed" sells; the width they start from is 8.5 but they will fit under a stock wheel arch as long as you dont go too big with tyre width. Prices are around $329 each and you don't need a spacer. Or another option is Simmons etc but with a hefty price tag.
  24. Well, according to his description, 2 + 2 = 2 I think he's just trying to get the attention.
  25. Some nice clean Zed's there..well done fellas!
×
×
  • Create New...