Jump to content

Zedman240®

Moderators
  • Posts

    5,250
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

Everything posted by Zedman240®

  1. If the end result looks close to that I'd say yeah! Do it.
  2. According to Wikipedia, it was a 2+2 and it overheated and that resulted in the DNF. I'm trying to find some decent pics. Have found some pics of zeds that ran in Le Mans and that's about it!
  3. Zedman240®

    Doors

    Are the doors 2 seater or 2+2? what year are they from? Theres two types of 2 seater doors as well. Also, there are a few variations that I have seen so it all depends what you have to play with.
  4. Those triple Dellorto's look like they are from that auto 260Z 2+2 that was on ebay a few weeks ago. The pair of 240 carbs I think are British S.U's with the full complement of pollution gear.
  5. If you're keeping the original ECU, no matter what you change; as in throttle body or cam etc, the computer will still treat it as its the original throttle body or cam. As Glen said, there may be small gains but nothing really worth the cost you will be putting in. If upgrading the ECU to a programmable one, that's a different story.
  6. Twin cam conversion? paper weight? Ash (ZR240) might have one if no one else does...but shipping will be a b-i-a-t-c-h
  7. Bad thing is the dirt never seems to come off!.... Interested to see how your setup goes though...
  8. I remember having a good look through the HybridZ site for this same reason trying to find out the weight of an L series and RB. From memory a L24 is about 190Kg and an RB slightly more..just over 200? Mike (Nzeder) will have a better idea. Gearbox's are about 40ish Kg's I'm sure on that becasue having just lifted one earlier this week from the truck into my garage.
  9. Scando, yours looks so much like mine its scary!
  10. Just curious if anyone out there is in the field of vacuum moulding(?) polycarbonate? I found a second hand 1/5 scale RC car and would love to make a Zed body fit rather than stick something else onto it. It would be around 400mm wide with a wheelbase of 530mm. I have a 1/10 scale 240Z body if that helps to make a bigger copy. It came with a Honda Accord body that's pretty rough and before I spend some cash on a new one, if I can do something else I will! Car in the pic below isn't the one I bought; I've stripped it as it needs a good rebuild. Chassis (8mm Alloy plate) is like a banana and hydraulic brakes need attention..
  11. I know while I'm competing in sprints you don't have heaps of time to spend looking at gauges; I'm looking at armco, tyre walls and for other cars..I don't think I would be able to hear a buzzer with an L28 with triples screaming at 6500 rpm. Ash, alot of people refer to oil lights as idiot lights and yeah, if it's on its too late! But Simon, to be safe and not being able to run at an event just for that reason, just make a oil catch can of about 3 liters in capacity, bolt it in and enjoy a day of racing. I think this thread may go outta control!
  12. When you switch your indicators on, the reason is there's more of a load on the system; approx extra 50 watts! Its almost like turning on another single headlight. The only thing you can do is upgrade your alternator to something a bit bigger like a 280ZX one. One thing I have done is add extra earths around the car; I have an extra large one from the block to the body. You have to see current flowing through a car like a highway; you can't have 3 lanes in one direction and a gravel bumpy back road as a return. They both have to be as good as each other. Your instrument globes may be the original ones from Nissan; might be going black on the inside so that's why they may be down in output. May have to stick your head under the dash and remove a globe and have a look. Some maybe burnt out. Speedo and tacho have two globes each...one may be blown. Bothers me when people start hacking into the wiring. I like to leave it as it came from the factory. What I do is trace back their mods and undo it. Depends how far they have rooted it though...
  13. To me, Autotechnica make things like that to appeal to the "boy racer" market. To see decent catch cans, either Revolution, GMP etc will have ones that CAMS would be happy with. Its far cheaper to make your own. I go for function rather than Big M sized catch cans that are shiny.
  14. That blue Ford XY with those 20"s...don't know what they were thinking....sorry for the intrusion but I had to say it!
  15. I'm sure it has to be around sump capacity. Average it out to 4 liters and that should be fine. As long as it's securely fastened and not moving around... Be careful about some scrutineers; they picked on my serviettes in my glove box...
  16. Another zed I found in my collection; Chris Mulldoon's quick 240Z. Last time it was at the Sandown historics, they had him running with the sports sedans..Did a great job keeping up with those monsters! And another pic of what you need now to be competitive in any class...
  17. I thought it was a solenoid for the NOS...you gotta have the NOS!! Can't remember the exact line in that film..you know how it goes.. fark
  18. Is your zed a 260? You may want to check (if it is a 260) the fusible links under the bonnet in front of the brake master cylinder. I had a corroded fusible link cutting out my headlights over big bumps..
  19. Alot of the times when the headlights play up it is due to the fuses. Sometimes they are obviously burned, but sometimes they seem ok but are broken behind the end caps internaly and it can't be seen from the outside. Either a multimeter is needed to check for continuity or more spare fuses to replace a suspect one. Bad earths are another PITA that are hard to locate. I'd check all the obvious before you spend a weekend ripping it all to pieces!
  20. A good collection of R31's, Prince Skylines, Zed's and a few others running through Japan's mountains and tunnels...K's Garage
  21. Must be making room for the new rear carbon air splitter.........
  22. Very true; a set just sold for $660 without air filters, linkages and needing to be rebuilt so give it a shot. Unless its just a special for AusZcar memebers
  23. Sounds ok but video is pretty avg...
  24. Struts / rear LC arms and wheels sold!
  25. Stan Holmes is still around; retired but does the occasional "rebuild" on gearboxes mainly for rally guys with WRX boxes that frequently blow. I've had a couple of gearbox's done by him and they are always perfect. His just hard to get a hold of sometimes.
×
×
  • Create New...