Jump to content

Zedman240®

Moderators
  • Posts

    5,250
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

Everything posted by Zedman240®

  1. Migt be a good idea to give Graedat a PM. I'm sure he is still after one. Send him a msg and be a bit patient; he should respond!
  2. I think tail lights might be the hardest thing to come by...Like others have said around $2k wouldn't insult but depends what other rust is lurking around on the floor boards..
  3. I may have a buyer for you right now..He's in Melbourne also and needing one asap. If you could PM me your number and I can give it to him... Thanks!
  4. Looks like a nice zed...I've been down that road before; sold a zed - bought 2 Z32's - then a R33 - now back to a zed! I think you may regret it but good luck with the sale! I don't think you will have a problem finding a new owner.
  5. Evan, that last Maserati pic for some reason works for me.. or the top one. The middle one reminds me of a Toyota Crown... That Maserati look doesn't stand out too much, works with the car too...I like it!
  6. hahahaha... you are wrong! I'll be making heaps because they will be paying me to keep my clothes on!
  7. Here are some that just roll of my tongue.... Dunnydore confirmodore commonwhore Please add you favourites....
  8. Hi, Have you still got the 15/16 Brake master cylinder? and the Distributor if you still have it! Thanks
  9. If everyone gives me some of their Ruddy Money, I might be able to afford them!
  10. Top one is L28 and bottom is RB? you were right...so close but ends have some differences..
  11. Looks like I'm on the hunt for one of those L28ET distributors as well as Shane. Garvice, the one you bought, was that on eBay a while ago? It looks like that distributor will save me some work since it will do two things at once in one simple installation....now the fun begins trying to locate one! Thanks for your info
  12. Jane, if you wanted to see what I'm running, if you look in the section on engine conversions I posted up a stage by stage build up of my thing. It should explain most of the details. I'd be interested to see what Garvice has come up with too..
  13. He should be trying to get our sympathy with a comment like "look at what I have to drive now till I find a Zed!" If I had a spare one I would give it to him....if that means one more Confirmodore off the road..
  14. Manual / Auto? Pics would help a fair bit....
  15. With the RB25DE and it's cam angle sensor running the Wolf V500, I was able to run sequential injection. Wolf make a universal trigger disc for various engines/cylinders so when you buy it ($49), you have to remove some teeth that are not used. Steve Newing knows by heart which ones are needed for a L6 so he would be the best person to ask. One good idea would be to adapt a RB series cam angle sensor on the front of the L series rocker cover eliminating the crank pulley sensor. Bit of work which I might look into. You also need to hall effect sensors; $85 each. The only advantage to sequential is fuel economy when putting around on light throttle. My previous Wolf was setup to batch fire two injectors per cycle so one cylinder was getting fuel for nothing. I have noticed the fuel economy with my RB setup is very good, on 3/4 of a tank of fuel, I can drive to Sandown, race for the day and drive back home with some fuel to spare. Then again the cams are standard so it doesnt drink heaps but I still think that's good!
  16. Are we getting AusZcar logo's on blue singlets? hehehehe Make sure we get stubbie holders too.
  17. First thing I'd do is remove the cable and check! Goes back in easy so no stress..
  18. Vinny, large sums of cash are always welcome... for me specificaly!
  19. I'm the same....some other colour other than white should be good..
  20. Good timing Shane, I'm just about to do the same thing! I went to Steve Newing last week and bought some bits to do it. With the Wolf V500, you need a crankshaft pulley mounted trigger disc and sensor, a gutted distributor with another trigger disc and sensor. I asked if you could just get away with the trigger disc on the crank shaft pulley but was told it wouldn't do sequential fuel injection..Not sure how it will work with your ECU, you may have to do some more research with someone who knows all about the ECU you have.
  21. I meant also in a traction sort of way too. Like when it rains around my area where I work, the wet roads seem to attract all the Crummydore and Gemini drivers out from their caves to start hooning; seems like their car only "performs" the way they wish it did after a few mm of rain...
  22. Zedman240®

    No caption

    I'd still pick the zed in that condition over the Holden in the background!
  23. I've heard a few people say when its wet, its like the power in your car is multiplied by a large number. Not sure how true it is but it has some sense!
  24. Don't forget though, I think almost all zeds were hand made and most of the panels had to be "made" to fit; some mods had to be done to fit guards, bonnets etc. If the part didn't fit they would become spare parts! Try taking a guard off one original car and fitting it to another...they are always out a tad. I'm not talking inches, just enough to make it hard. Looks good there...when I'm all cashed up I'll have to look into one of those!
  25. Lurch, you just beat me to it....wise move there!! The more the magnet falls off..deduct large wads of cash!
×
×
  • Create New...